Danish Soccer - I want to learn more

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by panicfc, Jun 5, 2003.

1. q_beQue

q_beQue New Member

Jul 20, 2003
    Copenhagen
    I don't know about BIF. But if you log on to www.fck.dk you will find that an English section is placed in the upper right corner. There is'nt much more to read but some history about our club and a few press releases.

regards
    Søren
    fckfc#736

2. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent first post.

Thanks Soren. I was actually just checking out the site right now.

what is that number behind your name? #736 - are you a member or something?

3. q_beQue

q_beQue New Member

Jul 20, 2003
    Copenhagen
    Hehe. We've got our Fan club called FCKFC (FC København Fan Club) with obout 13.200 members. #736 is just my count in it. Been with the club from the start, and just proud of it. Would'nt know if that's having feelings for a club. Or company if you ask anyone from Bif.

4. Adrian P.

Adrian P. New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Copenhagen Denmark
    Well BIF means Brondby IF.

Uh..... number 736 of 13k sounds big...... sorry im number 431 of BIF Support thats a bit bigger than FCKFC (actually BIF Support has been stagnated in some years)....... and so what!

Where ever YES FC Copenhagen was created in 92 so it's a new club, well Brondby is also a quite young club, I am sort of tired to hear FCK fans defend themselves about their business and their History.

No one can take away from them that they actually are one of the only Clubs earning money...... but still FCK is not a football club and FCK fans can defend them selves as much as they want to but this wouldn't change even I was an AB or Viborg fan (Sorry FCK fans but thats the truth).....

Somehow I don't believe that if FCK don't change drastically they won't be able to be a footballclub with a youth development system. I have seen more thriwing Youth development systems in J-league clubs that virtually don't have a Youth system.

FCK is good for danish football they have 22k in average and in 10 years time they will have 35-40k in average while Brondby will stand on the same 15k no doubt about that.......... But Parken Pub & Sport is a leisure company were FCK is only one little part and that means that concerts in the stadium can be more important than football matches and that can every idiot even a FCK fan understand that has nothing to do with football.

I have a friend in the mangement of the Parken pub & sport company and hears from him how low the football team actually are prioritised in the business.

Listen all FCK fans reading this thread i'm not attacking your football skills or that your are economically a prosperous club, I am just indicating that Parken Pub & Sports view of Business has nothing to do with football.

5. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like Bayer Leverkusen as well, and many Germans view them as a plastic club.

I would say all MLS teams in the US and most pro teams in the US are plastic clubs. That's the way it works over here for all sports.

6. q_beQue

q_beQue New Member

Jul 20, 2003
    Copenhagen
    Com on. When reading both this and your past replys I consider how much is it you are trying to bend the truth? Firstly you write, and I quote: "sorry im number 431 of BIF Support thats a bit bigger than FCKFC". How come that every bulletin you recieve from the press and both the fan clubs writes that FCKFC is larger in members and income than Bif-support?

Again I quote: "but still FCK is not a football club and FCK fans can defend them selves as much as they want to but this wouldn't change even I was an AB or Viborg fan (Sorry FCK fans but thats the truth).....". How is it that you... The last person since that you are a supporter of a rival club, can begin discussions about how we are a club or not? Before you said that none of the youth teams in KB or B1903 plays in the FCK jersey. Once again you are bending the truth. If you go to any match when one of the teams are playing you will find alot of young boys running around in.. Yes, FCK jerseys. That might not qualify us to be a club but it sure as hell does bring your statements up to new consideration.

You keep talking about how you know alot of people inside PS&E (FCK). How am I supposed to believe that when half of what you are writing is straight lies or truth bending stories?

And it is funny. Everything that you write that's supposed to put us in a bad light... It's the same in every modern Football club these days. Do you consider Man U. a club? It would'nt take much of you to figure out that almost haft of what they are earning every year is from a company build towards strenghtning the team.

I find it hard to believe that there would be anything but the football team in FCK that's priored higher. After all, what would PS&E have been without all the media that's around a club like FCK all the time?

And youth development. You are telling us that there's no youth development in FCK? First of all the club has signed Torben Storm who's one of the most respectet coaches in the country towards developing young players. Second of all. Yeah. I'll just take a peak through our ranks. And I won't put any of those players that haven't been in FCK/KB/B1903 for a serious amount of time in it (you are mentioning players such as: Martin Retov who you picked up from Køge only a year ago. Thomas Kahlenberg who you bought from Hvidovre only a year before he got his big break. Jonas Kamper who everybody knew would be big someday with his pace and driblings. Yeah you bought him from NFA.). In FCK's main-squad we've got the following young players who has come from youth development or has played in FCK/KB/B1903 for a long time getting their breaktrough a long time ago. And these first players are players who were a big brick in the wall winning the championship: Bo Svensson (23), Ole Tobiasen (27), Christian Lønstrup (32) Hjalte Bo Nørregaard (22). And then a few of the upcomming stars, all in u21, u20 and below that age teams: Christian Traoré (21), Martin Bergvold (19), Peter Hansen (21), Jesper Bech (21). And don't come here and tell me that we've bought our selves succes. You can't run a decent squad without buying new and better players.

But I guess it's okay for you to buy players like Karim Zaza, Andreas Jakobsson, Morten Weighorst, Kaspar Dalgas, Martin Retov? As long as you believe it your selfes.

Realise it. We are no different from eachother.

Regards
    Søren
    FCKFC#736

7. NedreC

NedreC New Member

Jul 19, 2003
    Odense, Denmark
    Well spoken q_beQue..

It sounds like Adrian P. is still a bit upset, because of what Hjalte Bo did.. Oh.. No wait, Hjalte isn't an old KB boy, right?? Oh.. He is??

Do we, FCK, really have some players at our CLUB, whom played @ KB for a time, and can be considered our own talents??

Hmm.. BIF fans keep telling me no, so should I be listening to them?? They keep telling me, that they know about soccer, and we're just some little *********' boys who likes to sit and drink coffee @ a café..

Oh my.. Actually, You and I can't call us soccer fans, but fans of a company called PS&E..

Oh well.. Back to the serious part...

q_beQue has actually written my opinion, so I stand by him 100% percent.. Who's the next You know at FCK? Don Ø? Carsten V.?..

I don't believe You, and quite frankly: It sounds like You know You're in deep water, and just keeps rolling on with the lies....

8. Adrian P.

Adrian P. New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Copenhagen Denmark
    Why has FCK fans always the huge need to defend themselves? Why do FCK fans always see themselves as victims? It's a symtomatic disease FCK fans suffers from.

If you don't believe me..... well go ask Smed down in the company........

If the youngsters plays in FCK jerseys okay then i have to eat some of what I said back, and yes Retov and other players also comes from other clubs who doesn't a good youth developement system is not all about picking small 3 years old boys up and train them, we all now that....... What I meant Is Brondby are better to pick players that haven't got a name because they are young and them naturalizing them as Bronby'ers, does FCK also do that? Yes offcourse do you FCK fans think that other fans believe that they don't? well then you are stupid.

Hjalte are an perfect example, and why do you actually think I hate Hjalte? He did what he was supposed to do score against us and thats nothing wrong with, just as I don't hate Peter Møller playing in FCK like you didn't hate Peter Møller when he played for Brøndby come on it's football!

Many Clubs are plastic clubs there is nothing wrong with that, Brondby is also a Plastic Club (well maybe Frem isn't) My personally oppinion is that a plastic league is healthy for football, see how the J-league is organised thats the ultimate plastic league in world. You can buy Potatochips with the logos of all clubs and lots more, but this was about tendencies!!!!!! read tendencies!!!

I really see a problem in that just I am an Brondby fan then I am not worth to be belived in!!!! sorry guys but it's you thats an deep water.

I prefer that FCK are strong not only because our internal matches, also because the league needs you. What I was saying in earlier (so for gods sake go back and read it) were talking about tendencies and profile images of the clubs.

May I ask why I never hear anycritics from any FCK fans about your own club, I would think thats natural to be very critical about your own club?

If FCK fanclub are bigger at the moment than Brøndby support okay I'll eat that part back!!! Well as I said Brondby support has been stagnated in size the last couple of years although before that we were far bigger (or rather say we grew faster on a certain point).

As a last thing I can see that you two are completely new on this discussion board (well I'm also quite new, but have been active in a month time), but there are a way to talk to each other on this board. If you goes a bit around the other groups in this board you'll will not be able to to see a Feyenoord fans talking to an Ajax fan in that way.
    this thread were created for by panicfc and exist to servisize his question about danish football and not to be saw your paranoias.

9. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice reply.

One thing that I want to point out. I am gaining a lot of information from you guys, great stuff.

All countries have this sort of stuff. Doesn't matter if its the Netherlands, or Germany or England ...well maybe not England or Italy, but they have other stuff.

"Chelski" is the one at the moment.

I'll share a confession with you now.

I work in American soccer, keep this quiet. I don't think we are doing as well as we should in developing players. Of course we have Donovan and Beasley, but you don't see Yanks getting bought and moving into Serie A, the EPL, the Dutch leagues like you see the Japanese or Koreans right now.

I don't believe its all about selling shirts either. Those boys go over and they play, and they perform week in, week out.

No field player has left MLS for Europe and become anything of note. So I was thinking thanks to my two friends who played in Denmark, that a partnership with a Danish club might be something to look at.

Danish clubs are looking at American players. No problems getting work permits - and the standard of living is great. Plus you have beautiful women - also a big plus for Americans.

So that's what I'm looking at. It seems to me that FC Ko would be more interested in this sort of arrangement and when I'm ready to act on this I'll probably contact them first.

Brøndby (is that ø right?) would be the next club - after that...I have no idea.

10. NedreC

NedreC New Member

Jul 19, 2003
    Odense, Denmark
    Yup.. That "ø" is correct..

Adrian.. You know that a discussion, 9 out of 10 times, ends on a different topic, of what it was meant to be..

I told panicfc a bit of FCK, and I felt that I needed to reply to You, because You didn't mention anything about us..

Once again, You don't know a bloody thing, about the things You say..

If You look at sidelinien (officiel discussion board for the FCK fans), You'll se a bunch of people, who loves our club, but still see the lesser great things..

We know what's wrong with the club, and talk about it..

I don't have the time, to write more now.. But I'll get back to You guys within a few hours...

11. Adrian P.

Adrian P. New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Copenhagen Denmark
    Well a short reply to nedre C is that ofcourse i don't go to the FCK board, I don't even have the time to go to Brøndby's board.

When that is said, yes I think that FCK is better to start to talk with than Brøndby....... they have more money than Brøndby and thats a major point.

Right now AGF have quite a lot foreigners on the squad (although many of them are on loan) but this I think indicates that they are flexible....... They are an old Major club with huge crowds but been suffering from financialproblems and the bottom of the table, now they have a rich president thats pouring a lot of money to get the team back on track. Århus also the second biggest City and have a nice stadium.

Most of other Clubs in Jutland are runned solidly, although they sometimes have bad economy, the presidents at those clubs are often very merchant like so they don't buy if they are not 100% sure if it's a good buy although if the players are cheap they buy :) Hey you 2 FCK' maybe you can fill in here.

One thing is for sure for 10 years ago virtually no foreign players played in Denmark and that was not because of the pre Bossman times and that has changed. It's lovely to see players with names in Denmark. It's so good for the league to have a player as Mykland, or When Staale Solbakken played. Thats nice.

So it's all about trying.

And Panicfc shall I tell you a secret :))!!! I have also met you on the other groups on this board since I also loves to interest me in all kind of special leagueas around the world.

12. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shhh....we chat in the Dutch forum as well. They can't help me --- most Yanks don't respond well to Dutch coaches apparently. Too strict. Apparently the Danes have a better sense of humor as well.

:D

I think I post in more of the European forums than anyone else. I get around

13. Adrian P.

Adrian P. New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Copenhagen Denmark
    13491 replies yes you come around :)

Ha Ha Ha, I remember an yank street comedian in Copenhagen 10-15 years ago, he said that Norwegians did'nt have any humour.

But true true about Dutch, I don't have the impression that there coaches have that much humour although that very special Jump clashing both footsouls against each other Luis Van Gaal did when Ajax won the Champions league, looked very funny to me.

14. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let me clarify, I know some funny Dutch people - but none of them coach!

My Danish friends should be able to open a door with FC Ko when the time comes. I think it would be different than the usual English style we see in the area.

[I'm so hungry!]

15. Adrian P.

Adrian P. New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Copenhagen Denmark
    Christian Poulsen that Coach Farum (Now FC Nordsjælland) He is so funny......... The far biggest entertainer in Danish football!

16. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    are you serious?

17. Adrian P.

Adrian P. New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Copenhagen Denmark
    You've heard of him?

I'm serious!

18. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Football Mundial had a feature on him. I thought it was a joke that he was an entertainer. I thought he was a singer though. Its been a while since I saw this.

19. Indy

Indy New Member

Jul 21, 2003
    Well I think Adrian P. is thinking of Christian Andersen!!!!

Christian Poulsen is a former FC København-player, and he is now playing on the Danish nationalteam and for german Schalke 04.

20. Adrian P.

Adrian P. New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Copenhagen Denmark
    Oh did i write Christian Poulsen? oh.... my mistake yes i meant Christian Andersen. All those sen names............

21. Indy

Indy New Member

Jul 21, 2003
    The thing that is making Christian Andersen the biggest entertainer in Danish football is that he always makes funny and/or strange comments when he talks to the media.

And if he gets stupid questions he will sometimes start to argue with the reporter.

But he is very good at controlling the media, and get good PR around his team.

22. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All Danes sound alike

:D

23. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "funny or strange comments" :D

"argue with reporter" :D

I love this guy! That's beautiful stuff. I want to meet this guy.

24. Indy

Indy New Member

Jul 21, 2003
    Well he is not rude at all!!!

But he wants serious questions from the reporters….

He became famous in Denmark when he some years back, midseason became the new coach of AB who at that time was a new team in Superligaen (SAS-ligaen, sponsor name) at at the last place.

To all media Andersen said the he would save the team from relegation, and when they asked him how he would do that, he’s answer was “because I am the best coach in Denmark”!!!!!

That was some comment, and most people laugh, but in the end he turned AB around and they still play in the best Danish league

25. Adrian P.

Adrian P. New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Copenhagen Denmark
    I have the impression that When he was coaching FCK some of the players didn't wholly understand his very sarcastic tongue and that might (My impression) could have helped in the reason being sacked. He called Carsten Hemmingsen her and not him.

Oh i loves when he begins to yell on a reporter, because the reporter ask him a stupid or inaccurate question.

He is surely an entertainer and good PR man.