Danish Soccer - I want to learn more

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by panicfc, Jun 5, 2003.

1. delo_pata

delo_pata Member

Jan 12, 2001
    Durham, NC
    Yes, but what about the Skj part? SHU? Skyu? SHCHCHCHJU? (as if you have a mouthful of peanut butter?)

2. Adrian P.

Adrian P. New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Copenhagen Denmark
    The pronounciation on the klub Skjold pronounciates something like Scioll.

I admidst Its not an easy pronounciation.

3. MathuzaLem

MathuzaLem New Member

May 30, 2003
    SP, Brazil
    what are the best players playing actually in denmark?

are there any great young players... like in brazil we have diego, kaka, robinho, in argentina they have carlos teves, d'alessandro... what about denmark?

4. Adrian P.

Adrian P. New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Copenhagen Denmark
    Well most of the profiles in the Danish league are the young players.

Brondby are famed for their selfbreed of coming Nationalplayers the profiles to lookafter at the moment are Thomas Kahlenberg, Martin Retov, Jonas Kamper and Peter Foldgast.

Peter Foldgast has been one of the biggest profiles in the league this spring.

The team AGF thats Denmarks 3rd biggest klub but always struggling from relegation are kept in the league of 2 youth player called Morten Duncan Rasmussen and Leon Andreassen.

Aab from Aalborg have a future star player in Mikael Silberbauer, but the biggest young talent must be this year most scoring player Jan Kristiansen from mediocre Esbjerg, He is Captain for the U21 National team, and it will take a long time before he plays in a bigger league.

5. MathuzaLem

MathuzaLem New Member

May 30, 2003
    SP, Brazil
    nice... I'm gonna take a look on them!

6. Adrian P.

Adrian P. New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Copenhagen Denmark
    Well actually the most interesting youngster in Danish Super league is not Danish but Egyptian.
    Called Mohammed Zidan, played for AB Copenhagen and elected as MVP in the League this season, moving to FC Midtjylland from next (AB are close to fold only have 18 players left on contract for next season.)

But Zidan is a very good Forward that scores a lot of goals, and are a really huge artist and acrobat on the pitch, I'm sure that in one to 2 years time he will be playing in one of Europes major leagues.

7. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Adrian.

Great stuff.

8. NedreC

NedreC New Member

Jul 19, 2003
    Odense, Denmark
    Adrian.. How dumb can you be?

It's obvious, that You're a fan of Brøndby, but You could still mention a few players from FC København (FC Copenhagen, shortname: FCK)..

Allthough we (FCK) had a baaaaad spring, we still managed to win the league, and hey..- we only lost 4 points of out lead in 16 games, despite the bad streak..

We have one of the best midfielders in the danish league in a looong time, Erik Mykland..

We have some national players for Denmark:

Thomas Røll and Martin Albrechtsen..

Albrechtsen is perhaps the most talented danish defender in the league..

Peter Nielsen is 35, but damn.. That old fella' can really play..

Jürgen Pettersson finaly showed some of the talent, we all know he got..

And let's not forget Sibusiso Zuma, out african hero..
    Allthough he had one heck of a lousy season, it ended well, with some great games the last 3 weeks..

It looks like he's back in shape, and when he is, he's without a doubt the most talented and exciting player in the danish league..

He scored a magnificent goal today, when we met Galatasaray, the Turkish giants.. Watch the goal here: http://video.galatasaray.org/200304/auskamp/galatasaray.0.fckopenhag.1.mpg

Allthough this was a great goal, we all remember the REAL DEAL, at Parken against Brøndby, right ;)..

So, there's only 6 days to the show continues, another great season is just around the corner, may the best team win..- which on other words means: Let FCK win ;)..

9. NedreC

NedreC New Member

Jul 19, 2003
    Odense, Denmark
  10. Adrian P.

Adrian P. New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Copenhagen Denmark
    The reason I didn't mention any FCK players was not because I'm an Brondby fan. If you read the thread all through the discussion was about young players, thats the reason why I didn't mentioned any FCK, I simply didn't consider any FCK players as young new hopefull players with potential. I must admit that I forgot everything about Thomas Røll but thats maybe because I consider him as an quite old chap, thats my mistake, but I see FCK players as routined stars already fullfilling their potentials.

I mean Seriously, everybody already knows that Mykland and Peter Nielsen are great stars.

We must not forget that FCK is the only team that has the money at the moment to buy quality players in their best age, and we must not forget that FCK don't really have a youth development system (well depend on how you view KB and B1903).

11. Adrian P.

Adrian P. New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Copenhagen Denmark
    Parken might be the biggest stadium in Denmark but far not the best. It's not because i'm Brondby fan but the Vilfort Park are far the most beautifull in Denmark (If just they had the money to change some of the old orange seats wit blue ones). If you look on designs Århus Stadion are one of my favorites (well the view isn't the best though).

12. NedreC

NedreC New Member

Jul 19, 2003
    Odense, Denmark
    Well.. I know he asked about great players AND young talents, but since you only mentioned BIF (Brøndby I.F) players, I felt that I had to reply *l*...

And hey..- Martin Albrechtsen is stil very young..- and very talented...

But credit must go to BIF, due to the fact that they produce so many talents..

But as you mentioned, we (FCK) are the only club who can buy players at a high stake, so it's not the youth that's the top priority, as in BIF, because you can't afford players..

That's why I think, FCK will be the winners in the next 5 years, coz' every talent needs time to develop, and in the meantime, FCK's bringing home one good player after another...

But I don't hope it'll end up like norwegian soccer, where there's one team..- and only them.. :D..

13. NedreC

NedreC New Member

Jul 19, 2003
    Odense, Denmark
    Aahus Stadium COULD be a beatiful stadium.. But as long as the running fields are placed along the football pitch, it's not a soccer stadium IMO..

Vilfort Park? Come on.. It ain't much better then the Ghetto I live in ;o)...

Well.. It's ok, but I don't rate it better than Parken..

14. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys, nice discussion.

So FCK doesn't produce the young talents? What about Brondby?

As for stadiums, lets get some pictures or links.

15. NedreC

NedreC New Member

Jul 19, 2003
    Odense, Denmark
  16. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The stadiums were okay, but this was a bit different

[​IMG]

17. Adrian P.

Adrian P. New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Copenhagen Denmark
    I don't agree Parken are a butt ugly stadium, and a huge mistake not to rebuild the ld mainstand when Parken was rebuild.

No Brondby Stadium is more a modern design.

www.stadions.dk with pics of all stadiums in Denmark, quite unique stadium site I think.

And a service to you Panicfc, well you see behind this discussion about who fabricates young players lays an old dispute between FC Copenhagen and Brondby fans. You see everybody else than FC Copenhagen fans don't consider FC Copenhagen to be a soccerclub but a soccerteam, that means that you cannot let your kids play for FC Copenhagen.
    But your kids can play for Brondby thats the huge difference. But actually this is more about how you define clubs, because FC Copenhagen is on upperdeck of two clubs the KB Copenhagen and B1903 Copenhagen, so actually they have two youth teams but none playing in the FC Copenhagen Jersey.

But when you see on the politics on players, Brondby really use a lot of energy on own breed whelst FC Copenhagen don't do. Off course FC Copenhagen have a lot of young hopefull players in their squad, but they usually buys players from other clubs in and outside Denmark.

Brondby are like an Ajax Amsterdam, while FC Copenhagen are more like an Manchester United.

And Yes Århus stadium is not 100% a football stadium, still when you consider the tradition in having ugly stadiums in denmark it's a Beauty.

18. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

This is a nice stadium.

I'm the young player developer fan. I love watching the future stars showing their skills.

FC Ko is money, on the stock exchange, and huge in Denmark.

19. Adrian P.

Adrian P. New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Copenhagen Denmark
    Exactly My oppinion!!!!
    FCK Is just a money machine not a football club what happened about the Super Cup Is a perfect example.

20. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if either club will ever sign a Yank?

21. Adrian P.

Adrian P. New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Copenhagen Denmark
    Some years ago Brondby had Brad Friedel so why not..... But it has been the tendency the last 4-5 years that danish teams mostly signs Swedes and Norwegians, it's probably because of close relation in mentality and language.

I think the clubs in Jutland has a far bigger tendency to sign a Yank. See AGF in Århus they have Aussies and a Britt coming from Man U.

22. NedreC

NedreC New Member

Jul 19, 2003
    Odense, Denmark
    OMG!.. Once again, a clear sign that You're a fan of BIF.. Brøndby is the only club, or should I say the fans of the club, that thinks FCK isn't a soccerclub..

Grow up, will ya? Yes, FCK is part of a buisness.. That's why we have 400 million danish kroners, and our balance just keep growing..

FCK rents Parken to DBU - the danish soccer federation, and concerts like Rolling Stones and Robbie Williams, those 2 concerts within 3 weeks..

Chaa chiiing... Is it a crime, to make money on something besides soccer?

I'd say no.. PARKEN Sport & Entertainment wouldn't be where it is today, if it hadn't been for the soccer team..

BIF fans and FCK fans hate eachother, but we should still find a way, to praise eachother, when it's neccesary..

By the way, FCK actually DO have a good youth development program.. I forgot to mention UPE-FCK last night..- boy, I was tired..

UPE-FCK is a youth soccer academy combined with school in South Africa.. So far we've signed one of the students, a tiny technical guy called Elrio Van Heerden, a promising talent..

23. Adrian P.

Adrian P. New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Copenhagen Denmark
    Thats true that FCK and BIF fans hate each other, but, FCK Is not a football club, I have it personally from one of FCK's former assistant coaches.

And Thats true that there is nothing wrong earning money. In fact I think that all other southeuropeanclubs should learn from FCK, I think It's totally scandalous how southeuropeanclubs are using money they don't have, no wonder that danish clubs never make it in the international tournaments. But I also think that the way Flemming Oestergaard the president of FCK has downprioritized the Supercup for other arrangements in the stadium so the Supercup have been cancelled is a disgrace toward the game, and this scandal have set danish soccer 20-30 years back in time.

And yes FCK has UPE thats a fantastic youthprogramme but in Southafrica not in Denmark.
    and I am 100% sure that UPE is very good for the community in Southafrica and gives those kids a chance for the future, but It's still not enough to say that the club have a good well developed youth programme, look at the players within the last 10 years playing at the FCK and BIF squads, there is no doubt that Brondby has a bigger tradition for growing talent from their own ranks than FCK. Statistics don't lie.

24. NedreC

NedreC New Member

Jul 19, 2003
    Odense, Denmark
    Ehm.. FCK was formed in 92', so it's not fair to judge them on their history now.. Give us 20 years, BIF was formed in 63, right?

Ehm.. There's a good reason why he's a FORMER assistent..

And please.. Cut the crap with the Supercup.. You don't know anything about, nor do I.. So stop whining about that, will ya?

25. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Coming from the outside looking in...

FCK signed Will Orben, a Yank striker a few years back.

Parken Inc - is a very successful business. I can't fault them for that, in fact I have to praise them for there business dealings.

Foreign investment is good - but I wish they would look at doing something in the US.

Brondby: Develops more youth players, but doesn't have the Business sense of FCK.

--
    What is BIF?

Do either team have an English website?