Daniele De Rossi - the last son of Rome

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, May 14, 2019.

1. nguoiaoden

nguoiaoden Member

Feb 3, 2015
    Club:
    AS Roma

[​IMG]

Congratulations to your Lazio-merda has won the Copa Italia !

2. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Because Jimmy had spoken to him last over a year ago and agreed to it. Then forgot and made the decision for him to leave, after a year of no contact and not even having the balls to speak to him face to face. A very good owner in his situation, living abroad would be making a point of ringing key players every month, especially club captain for a quick catch up, asking them whats up and giving some motivation. Clearly not Jimmy.

When De Rossi mentioned the pay per play contract and it was reported back, he remembered it and agreed. Again Jimmy showing a total disconnect to Roma and a club legend. One thing to forget about a bit part player but a player like De Rossi who has earned his right. Total disrespect and De Rossi said no. The more that comes out, the more its clear Jimmy is a turd of the highest order, Im sure you'll come round to changing your initial stance.

3. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jimmy being a turd and my stance that in the long run this is probably better for the team going forward are in no way related. I can believe both of those things.

La Magica repped this.
  4. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    They didn’t call him for almost a year, then 3 days ago he was called and told they won’t renew his contract. They told him its because of his injury issues. DDR asked them then why don’t you pay me per game if that is your issue? 40 mins later they called him and said Pallotta agreed.

DDR said no because he felt insulted, rightfully so. Money wasn’t important for him, if they called him and told him we are worried about your fitness and asked him if he agrees to that arrangement, he would have agreed. But they left him hanging for a year and then told him they don’t want him, and changed their mind an hour later.

Pallotta was making those decisions without having the nerve to talk directly to DDR and without considering all options.

DDR can get much more money than whatever Pallotta would have offered him, but he would have stayed if he was shown some respect.

mancini30, romanista8910, Oban14 and 7 others repped this.
  5. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I don't see how this will be better for the team long term. Now he's lost the fan base, as well as players who share the dressing room see how a club legend is treated as opposed to honouring a one year pay as you play contract and seeing his time out respectively.

6. Tottino

Tottino Member+

Mar 19, 2005
    Frosinone, Italia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I dont know how much clearer it can get, we all heard what De Rossi said.

It was a slap in the face to a legend. Think about it, in what club does a president not speak to a club captain (in this case one who has given everything to us for 18 years) when his contract is expiring. When a year prior he tells him one thing, and a year later relays a message to someone to inform him they are parting ways. Only to track back his decision 40 min later and offer him the contract.

I'm sure no player would be pleased by these actions especially a guy like de rossi.

7. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because legends come and go but Roma always remains. There will be new legends and new reasons to be outraged and heartbroken and excited.

Yes, eventually this will pass.

Doesn't mean it won't hurt or suck in the meantime.

chaponga repped this.
  8. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    It's not.

Check out Florenzi's insta post , for further evidence.

If you're not capable of understanding the residual effects or the poor logic behind the decision, fine, die on your hill.

This circus was created because they wanted a different backup DM next season. Hilarious.

Doesn't help that we don't have a DoF to tell Pallotta what the right move is. Just has snakes hissing in his ear.

shiboboo and La Magica repped this.
  9. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your opinion.

La Magica repped this.
  10. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Yep, it sure as fcuk is.

La Magica repped this.
  11. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We shall see.

12. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    [​IMG]

Jimmy soaking up every word from King Snake

13. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With full credit to Mort.

[​IMG]

L'immortale and La Magica repped this.
  14. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    The situation, incredibly, gets worse by the day.

Look, I don't expect Pallotta to know everything about the goings on of the team or football as a whole. But I expect him to at least display he has some sort of clue.

If he had been paying attention to the games at all, he'd have know the team was better with De Rossi on the field, even at this stage in his career. If he'd even paid any attention to the criticisms of the makeup of this years team he'd have noted that gulf in the locker room and in training without guys like Strootman (and perhaps Radja). If he had even the slightest memory of Totti's departure he would know that fans would wish to give De Rossi a proper send off. Most of all, anyone with a clue realizes that Daniele still has something to offer.

With all of this you then read that a pay for play was spoken of about a year ago and then not mentioned again until after they told him they weren't renewing the contract. It's clueless insanity.

I've never been a Pallotta out guy before. I understand stuff like crest/logo changes and sales are just part of modern football. I don't like it, but I can live with it. It isn't reason to chase the man out of the club.

However the clueless-ness on display here in terms of the the football side of the club, the business side of the club, and in terms of personal relationships is nearly unforgivable.

We beat Juventus just on Sunday. That feels like an eternity ago. There is so little to feel positive about with this club right now. It's heartbreaking.

15. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Snake: "He said you offered a pay-as-you-play deal"

Jimmy: "Oh shit, did I?"

16. Majstor Cevapa

May 1, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Thats a good point... Usually a win over Juve, Lazio etc.. would keep me going for a few weeks... Not this time.

porreca, romanista8910 and hangthadj repped this.
  17. DOctore13

DOctore13 Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Does anyone actually think that the oil money will leave their ill gotten gilded palaces to come to an office in Rome everyday?

Why can't we have some Russian magnate instead?

18. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Roma will remain but I am talking about the current ownership. It is the final nail in the coffin for them given what has played out. To them its just business, ticks and crosses in an accounting book but theres more to football than that. The owners are dead to a majority of fans and I bet winning something in future wont change that.

porreca and romanista8910 repped this.
  19. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    @hangthadj

Great post, btw. Deserves more than a rep, imo.

hangthadj and La Magica repped this.
  20. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    100%

porreca and La Magica repped this.
  21. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure how this is new news. I always thought this was nothing but a business endeavor for Jimmy. If the DDR situation is the catalyst that opens the eyes of fans as to what this team is to its ownership group I can honestly say, I'm at a loss.

porreca repped this.
  22. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    My vices are Beefeater Gin, Sangiovese, and cannoli if you are ever so inclined.

Oban14, whill4, La Magica and 2 others repped this.
  23. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    No, not new news but theres lines and to cut him in this manner will be that catalyst. The stadium will be almost empty next year and I can see it remaining that way until he leaves.

Midfield General repped this.
  24. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #74 romanista8910, May 16, 2019
    Last edited: May 16, 2019
    You wont see me drop even a penny on this team until he leaves. No jerseys, no merch, no tickets. Absolutely 0. I can guarantee this sentiment will be shared with most until he leaves. I'm pretty sure Palotta knows this now, and if not, it will quickly be very apparent that he needs to sell.

If I already didn't like him before, I would still go to at least see De Rossi or Totti play. Now there is nothing left for me until he leaves.

25. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Another look at Baldini and Jimmy discussing De Rossi:

hqdefault.jpg

Midfield General repped this.