Czechs abroad [R]

Discussion in 'Czech Republic' started by Canadian_Supporter, Jan 22, 2007.

1. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Karsten Ayong (who played twice for our U-20s recently) is joining Polish side Gliwice on a loan + buy option deal from Pribram. He had a fair amount of success in 2. Liga last season, but doesn't seem to have quite made the jump to 1. Liga like some other young Pribram players. Poland could be a good middle ground for his development as it's a slightly lower league than ours, but much better than 2. Liga for sure. He will have a Czech teammate; Michal Papadopulos (a name I haven't heard in a very long time) also plays with Gliwice apparently.

2. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Buried under the national team news today is that Necid wound up signing with ADO Den Haag. His last particularly good season was probably when he played in the Netherlands with Zwolle 4 or so years ago. Considering how he looked with Slavia last year his international career probably done barring a remarkable renaissance, but hopefully he can salvage a few more good years at the club level.

3. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    #403 ASU55RR, Aug 29, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    Bordeaux have offered Plzen 7 Million + bonuses for Krmencik

It's the perfect League, the perfect offer, but an imperfect club (board issues) and extremely imperfect timing happening so late in the window...

If this offer came in even a week ago it should have been accepted immediately, but this close to the transfer deadline (and the Champions League group draw) Plzen will likely say no initially while frantically seeing if they can line-up replacement (Krmencik isn't a sudden revelation so they should have a realistic shortlist) before agreeing.

At least it sounds like Krmencik and his agent are pushing for the move to happen as well (he didn't really push for any prior proposed deals). I personally feel this deal does ultimately go through (it's a very fair offer) but it may not be confirmed until deadline day.

Best case scenario from Czech player development would probably be something like they sell Krmencik and then bring in Graiciar on a half-season loan to get first team experience with Champions League before using the winter window to get permanent replacement.

4. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Vydra still not getting great minutes, but he did his first goal for Burnley in Europa League qualifying play-offs.

It was a scruffy finish during the chaos of a poorly cleared corner, and just a few minutes after he apparently blew an easy chance. His late match heroics means they only lost 4-2 on aggregate to Olympiacos.

5. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Roman Macek is going to FC Lugano (Switzerland) on loan for the season.

6. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Hopefully too soon to be alarmed, but It's hard to view Jankto's move to Sampdoria as anything short of a disaster so far.

He hasn't played but for 70 minutes in their first match in which he was rated as probably the worst player.

7. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Decent weekend for some Czech's abroad that needed decent weekends

Vydra with a big weekend had his first start and goal in Premier league for Burnley. His movement off the ball has gotten better from last time I saw. Doubt he'll get many goals with Burnley because they are limited, but he looks like he can succeed above the Championship.

Krejci gets a rare start for Bologna, he's playing okay a lot of defensive work on the left side of 3-5-2 which is nice to see the effort when fighting for a space in the team... to be honest this is not a great quality of match although a good result for Bologna so far (ahead 2-0). It's mostly just made me think that Plzen can steal points from Roma in Champions League rather than that Bologna are any good.

Jankto finally got some minutes again as well, he at least played average after an awful debut.

8. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Dockal will have a chance to become the 2nd Czech player to win silverware in the US on Wednesday, as Philadelphia will play in the US Open Cup final.

The team in China that owns his contract is currently drifting into the relegation zone late in the season, although still a few matches to play. I don't want to wish them ill, but I'd imagine if they drop it would increase the chances of Dockal either moving back to Europe or making a permanent move to MLS. He's only about to turn 30 so it's best he not be stuck in a retirement league.

9. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Busy set of midweek matches yesterday and today.

Germany:
    Yesterday Theo and Kaderabek played well in wins for their respective teams, the former earned a penalty and the latter scored a an excellent goal. I half watched some of the Werder Bremen match, and they are playing well. Pavlenka uncharacteristically let in a goal he really should of had covered, but otherwise played fine (easy to forgive when you win).

Italy:
    -Krejci is getting another start today against Juventus, hopefully he can permanently break back in to the lineup.
    - Schick getting a chance to start in hist most natural center striker role
    -Barak started, so he's recovered
    - Unfortunately, Jankto still on the bench

Spain:
    Vaclik will be up against Real Madrid. He's started well in Spain, but definitely a completely different challenge.

10. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Vaclik looks much improved since moving to Sevilla, and had big early 2nd half saves against Modric and Bale to help Sevilla win 3-0. To be honest, I thought he had stagnated at Basel, glad he took on a new challenge.

11. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Winter rumors are starting...

Schick may be going on loan

Apparently, Josef Sural is not extending his Sparta contract and is being linked with a variety of big clubs in small leagues and also NYC FC: https://sport.aktualne.cz/fotbal/su...8711e882ca0cc47ab5f122/?redirected=1543269138

Random... and to be honest not sure how successful he'd be (he's in fairly poor form this autumn). Would be nice to keep a Czech player on this side of the world since Dockal is increasingly likely to return to Sparta (or China if they refuse to sell).

12. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Not sure what to think about Schick on loan. He gets minutes with Roma, but it's typically just sub minutes, and he is not taking Dzeko's spot any time soon. Going on loan in Italy can help develop his game.

Dockal's success in the MLS has me excited that some MLS teams might dip into the Czech market. I like Sural, and think he'd work well in the league. No idea what will happen to Dockal though. I think he really likes Philly, and it would be a shame to see him return to China or Czech.

13. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    He liked Philly compared to China, but he expressed he prefers life in Europe and specifically Prague in a few interviews. Plus Sparta have a billionaire owner that is watching their arch-rivals pass him by and Philly are cheapskates when it comes to transfers.

To be honest, Sparta even in a rough year are probably better than generic MLS team from a player's standpoint, but MLS was way better than China (where his contract his owned). I liked him in MLS not just because I could watch, but because I think it benefited that national team as he had to learn to play for team that wasn't on a different level than all but a few other teams in their league. Playing at Sparta and even Rosenborg before allows an attacking midfielder to be a bit careless in their decision making because if they lose the ball they expect their team to win it right back.

Sural is the opposite of wanting to be in Prague from the sounds of it, he's been dealing with some malaise exacerbated by Sparta's poor start and just seems to want out (thus the random list of clubs). Apparently CSKA may be interested too, which I do think is above his level even when he's on form. I think he can do okay in MLS if he plays well, but I don't see MLS being very attractive to Czech players unless they are older or designated player level.

14. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Philly is linked with Balloteli so Dockal would have a fun time assisting him.

I also saw Simic finally got a start for AC Milan and they won 5-2 in the europa league. Hopefully he can get some more minutes going forward.

15. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Looking ahead to the winter transfer window, but without much solid rumoring yet.

Most likely established Czech league players to move abroad this window are probably Travnik and Soucek. Both have been primarily linked to Italian clubs in the past but it's also possible neither moves until next summer.

Sural as mentioned too, but more likely a lateral move league wise.

David Vanecek, forward from Teplice, will also be moving to Hearts in Scotland this winter, although that agreement was made last summer. He's not really a national team prospect (and moving to a league that is several spots behind us in coefficient rankings won't help that), but I think he will do well there as he is built for that league physically.

Among youth players, Kral came closest last summer and may get a look again.

16. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Vaclik was named La Liga player of the month for November.

17. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    He has been immense and his team is in second.

I still think Pavlenka is the better goalie.

18. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Just noticed that Michal Sadilek made his Eredivisie and Champions League debuts for PSV last week. Promising signs.

Canadian_Supporter repped this.
  19. use google translate
    https://www.ad.nl/nederlands-voetbal/sadilek-voorbeeld-voor-de-jeugd~aa62a3ae/
    [​IMG]
    Michal Sadilek (r) in duel met Luigi Bruins. © ANP Pro Shots
    ‘Sadilek voorbeeld voor de jeugd’

Michal Sadilek beleefde afgelopen week zijn doorbraak bij PSV. De 19-jarige middenvelder debuteerde vorige week vrijdag tegen Excelsior in de eredivisie en dinsdag mocht hij tegen Internazionale in de Champions League een groot gedeelte van de tweede helft meedoen als vervanger van Érick Gutiérrez.

ANP 14-12-18, 15:26 Laatste update: 15:35

ASU55RR repped this.
  20. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Michal Travnik being linked to Newcastle and Fulham by the British press

Czech press mention interest from CSKA and Bundesliga teams as well, last summer he also drew attention from Serie A.

I've been surprised how few chances he has got for the national team.

21. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Also some reports that Zdenek Ondrasek is signing with MLS side FC Dallas.

I don't know much about Ondrasek since he isn't a national team prospect and has played in random places. I vaguely recall he was a top goal scorer in Norway a few years back. He's been in Poland the last few years.

I'm curious to here an American sports commentator pronounce Zdenek...

22. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Here comes Z-Den-eek I am sure I will hear that.

23. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Been traveling for the holiday but noticed that Sadilek picked up his first goal with PSV.

24. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Inter Milan put in a bid for Jankto, I assume hoping to get his Udinese form for cheap since he's been a complete bust at Sampdoria. Sampdoria don't want to take the loss until at least end of season in hope he turns it around.

25. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Strange move for Inter considering Jankto hasn't been great this season, but he is young, and can play multiple spots.