Czechs abroad [R]

Discussion in 'Czech Republic' started by Canadian_Supporter, Jan 22, 2007.

1. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    It does sound like a done deal, and its a league with defenses that will definitely force him to develop some more if he wants to succeed. I wish I knew a little more about Bologna's current situation to say more about how he would fit there roster/formation.

2. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    #252 adam CZ, Jul 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
    Hopefully he can make gradual improvements in certain areas of his game, particularly in the final third where he can be wasteful at times. Overall, he needs to find consistency in his performances because the Krejci of 2015 will fail miserably abroad.

Thankfully, he has looked far more confident this year, showing signs that he can handle such a move. I actually think he benefited from Sparta buying Sural and Zahustel in the winter. The one advantage in this league is that he is already accustomed to fulfilling defensive tasks as a winger.

In general, I'd like to see more Czech players make the move to Italy. To be honest, I don't think Bologna are that much better than Sparta, but they compete in a top league and will have players that will challenge Krejci for a starting spot. I think countries like Slovakia, Poland and the Balkan nations are good examples of sides that don't have the strongest domestic leagues, but have used Serie A as a productive destination for their players.

3. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    #253 ASU55RR, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    I agree in theory, although Italy has been a bit of a career stopper for our younger players recently: Husbauer, Vydra (though he had loan options), and Rabusic come to mind. Kozak maybe did okay but he didn't exactly set the world alight either, unless the world was Europa League.

In other transfer news, Ondrej Vanek to FC Ufa in the Russian Premier is apparently a medical examination away from happening... I probably would have stayed in Plzen for the time being.

4. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    In the case of Rabusic and especially Husbauer, I'd say their failures were primarily the result of poor management from their clubs and agents rather than the league itself. If a player from the Czech league is going to move abroad, it's probably best they do it during the summer. Luckily, Skalak and Pavelka didn't bomb this year, although in hindsight, the latter might have been useful for the Euros had he remained in Liberec.

Now, it ultimately is down to the player to adapt to a new environment, but factor in the unreasonable length of our winter break with amateur training sessions throughout, and it's awfully hard to remain optimistic about players moving abroad mid-season. However, as history shows, our transfers are still as likely to fail if they are completed in the summer, or done as senselessly as Vanek has just done.

5. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Cech retires from international football :cry: There goes the best ever Czech or Czechoslovakian keeper ever. I guess it's your time to shine Vaclik.

Krejci also transferred to Bologna in Italy. Our next nedved??

6. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Sounds like Schick to Sampdoria is also imminent, reports are they raised their offer to 4 Million Euros.

7. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    It also sounds like Sparta will try to buy Vaclav Kadlec back to fill the void in their attack.

8. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Good for Schick. I hope he turns into a good player and playing in Italy will certainly help.

Man what happened to Kadlec. He was so hyped up and looked pretty good. I hope he gets his career back on track. He is still somewhat young.

9. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    On their day, Kadlec and Vydra are two very dynamic strikers, but I fear both of them have attitude issues. It's as if a manager needs to build a system around them to be successful. Neither of them seem to face adversity that well.

The future of Rosicky should be determined within the next week or so. I'm certain he's finished with the national team, but there are some rumblings that he will return to Sparta. You never know with him though.

10. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I think a homecoming would benefit Kadlec, he actually had a very productive half season loan with Sparta towards the end of his time with Frankfurt. His time in Denmark has mostly been spent injured.

Vydra's career is likely at a crossroads right now, he was intensely criticized by Reading fans after a very poor loan time. Watford fans still seem to like him, but I would say if he doesn't make their lineup or have a much better loan performance this year that his chances of a top league (and national team) career start to diminish.

11. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I think Vydra got it rough by Watford. They bought him after he had a pretty good season in the championship, but then he wasn't even given a chance to prove himself in the premier league. They immediately shipped him back to the championship where he was played at RW for practically the whole season and unsurprisingly looked pretty bad at that spot.

He needs to go somewhere he will be played at striker. I mean look at his record at striker for Reading, it's actually really good including cup matches.

12. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    So Schick to Sampdoria is a done deal and while that news broke, Fulham signed Kalas on loan for the season. Unfortunately, I doubt he'll get another chance at Chelsea, but this move is a bit underwhelming for me. Shouldn't have any issues with playing time (hopefully at CB), but he could've easily opted for a better club. I don't know enough about the Championship to say if Fulham are in contention for promotion, although their finish last year would certainly suggest not.

13. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    The joy of the championship is anyone can come in and do well. Fulham have arguably the best striker in the championship, but they struggled last season largely due to defense. Maybe Kalas can help secure that back line.

14. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Krejci had a scoring debut for Bologna in the Coppa Italia, and general feedback seems to be he was a MOTM contender. Good start for that move.

Schick started in a friendly for Sampdoria against Barcelona and showed some skill. He is making his competitive debut as a substitute, also in Coppa Italia, and has assisted on the 2nd goal (match is ongoing)

Overall a solid start for the recent transfers to Italy.

Skevin repped this.
  15. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Fairly good news from England as well. Kalas is already having an impact at Fulham (as a CB) and seems to have formed a solid partnership with his CB partner. Pudil is now a permanent member of Sheffield Wednesday and it sounds like the fans love him over there. Vydra is a Watford player for now, but that could change in the coming weeks. Not much clarity surrounding the final decision, but obviously better if he remains.

Interesting that Schick is being used behind the two strikers they play with, which isn't necessarily a bad thing for his development, I just hope it doesn't rattle him.

Another player in Italy worth mentioning is Jakub Jankto of Udinese. Also was used as a substitute in their Coppa Italia game. Hasn't received the same attention as Schick and Cerny, but already as a solid season in Serie B under his belt. Could be another player for the national team in the near future.

16. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Jankto is young and Udinese is a decent club. He could be one for the future.

Really glad to hear Krejci starting well. He needs to be become a dominant winger for us.

Kadlec also got a hattrick last week I believe. He is still only 24 so he has time to refind his career.

17. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Based on post-match quotes from Sparta's match today, Brabec to Anderlecht sounds likely.

18. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    All signs point to Vydra being sold to Derby County as he's said to be there today for a medical. Also announced his exit from Watford on Twitter. Hopefully this backfires for Watford and it should. Shocking how a player loved by the fans and recently said to be "needed" by their captain isn't given a proper chance in the Premier League.

This is a move that'll challenge his mental strength if anything. The talent is there, but he's apparently a player that doesn't have thick skin. The fee is being reported around £7-9 million (could even be more). Unfortunately, a price like that can do more bad than good. Hoping he finds his old form in what, as mentioned here earlier, will be a huge year for him.

19. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Actually, the best thing to come out of this saga are the few delusional Sparta/Plzen fans who genuinely thought they could get Vydra... Champions League football might help.

20. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Ha why would Vydra go back to Czech? Derby is decent. They have a good team but need a striker so Vydra will likely be their #1 striker unlike at reading where he was played out wide. I really don't get Watford. Vydra did great for them for 2 seasons, then was immediately loaned back to the championship without even being given a chance to succeed. Same thing again but now he is sold.

21. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    That fee is completely ridiculous for Vydra, he may turn out to be worth it, but the way money gets thrown around in the top leagues (or in this case the 2nd division of a top league country) has become absurd.

22. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Wow that fee is very high, but the english leagues have a lot of money in them. This puts him decently high on the Czech transfer list.

23. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    By contrast Slavia made the eye catching "high-priced" purchase among domestic teams this off-season spending a little over 1.2 Million Euros for Gino Van Kessel. The difference in budget is ever widening between the top leagues and the rest.

Watford have to feel pretty pleased that Vydra's market value survived an extremely disappointing season last year.

24. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Rosicky will indeed return to Sparta. A press conference will be held shortly. There is also talk of a second reinforcement arriving. Most likely would be V. Kadlec, but there was some recent speculation that it might be Sivok. A return of the latter seems unlikely now that Brabec will remain at Sparta. It's a shame that deal couldn't be completed.

25. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    YESSSSSS I have tickets to see Sparta in 2 weeks. Hopefully Rosicky is fit enough to play. I also hope he can revive his international career.