Czech national team [R]

Discussion in 'Czech Republic' started by Canadian_Supporter, Aug 14, 2008.

1. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Brankáři: Koubek, Pavlenka, Vaclík
    Obránci: Brabec, Gebre Selassie, Kadeřábek, Kalas, Novák, Sivok, Suchý
    Záložníci: Barák, Darida, Dočkal, Hořava, Jankto, Krejčí, Souček, Šural, Zmrhal
    Útočníci: Krmenčík, Schick, Škoda

22 players selected by Jarolim for the friendly with Belgium and crucial qualifier against Norway. One more player will be added and there's a chance it could be Pilar. He's returned from a near two-year absence, appearing in Plzen's last six games and showing glimpses of his former self.

Soucek is an odd choice given his lack of experience at this level and upcoming duties with the U21 side. I was expecting Pavelka instead. Regardless, it's still somewhat reassuring to have an actual DM in the team.

Sivok and Dockal will probably be unavailable for the Belgium game, as could Vaclik and Suchy. I'm not entirely sure if Koubek and Barak are fit either.

2. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Man our team lacks true quality. I don't know why this always surprises me. Plus with all the players who can't even play the first match...

It seems like Schick is going to be the starting striker. Darida, Jankto, and Krejci have to have a good match. I also would like to see Selassie and Kaderabek on the field together. Maybe right back right mid combo? Or one play right back and the other left. They are too good not to start.

3. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Apparently Schick is going to be joining Juventus. This seems like a good move for him. He will surely be getting a fair amount of minutes and he will be learning for Higuain and Dybala.

4. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    The squad now contains 26 players. Both Barak and Sural have withdrawn with injuries, but in the case of the former, it is more so a precaution before the U21 tournament. Jarolim has since recalled Celustka, Mares, Prikryl, and Kopic, while handing Jakub Jugas and Michal Sacek their first call ups.

------------------Schick----------------
    --Jankto-----------------------Krejci--
    ----------Sacek------Darida---------
    ----------------Soucek----------------
    -Novak--Suchy---Kalas--Selassie-
    -----------------Vaclik-----------------

I'd start with this against Belgium, but I also wouldn't mind having both Kaderabek and Selassie line up on the right side, then move Krejci to the left with Jankto replacing Sacek in the middle.

5. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Novak is now out for both games. Have to expect that Selassie will play on the left side. It appears that everyone but Sivok should be available for the game.

Both Jarolim and Martinez have stated that it is an unofficial friendly, with an unlimited number of subs being permitted...

6. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Vaclik - Kaderabek, Brabec, Kalas, Selassie - Krejci, Soucek, Darida, Zmrhal - Krmencik, Schick

Was not expecting us to play with two strikers. I'd rather have the extra midfielder in there. Looking forward to seeing how Kalas and Brabec cope with this Belgian attack and of course, Schick.

Once again, it seems that Jarolim will rotate most, if not the entire XI at half. This shit is really starting to become a joke. We have the unique opportunity to play a top side, but we decide to treat as if it were a friendly with Armenia or Lithuania.

7. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Game is on espn3.

I am hoping we can keep this score respectable. Belgium are like us from 06.

8. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Seemed like poor defense from Kalas. We haven't done anything all match.

9. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Krmencik scored to make it 1-1. I thought we were poor up until our goal. Since then, we've looked better. Kalas has been shaky throughout. Before the goal, he lost Lukaku on two occassions which led to great scoring chances. Belgium have dominated in possession and shots, but we've stood strong.

Unfortunately, Vaclik went off injured and was replaced by Pavlenka.

10. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Celustka, Dockal, and Jankto on for Kaderabek, Krejci, and Krmencik.

11. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    We are doing ok for who we are playing. Belgium have had some good chances, but we have had some decent opportunities as well. Our final ball is lacking though. We need something more than just whip balls in and hope.

12. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Ahh. Soucek hits the post after a nice effort from the top of the box. That's the second time we've hit the woodwork tonight.

13. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Pavlenka has made a number of good saves since entering the game. I've also thought Celustka has been better than Kaderabek on the right side.

14. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Pretty good game for us. We hit the post a couple of times, and had our chances. We need to figure out how to sure up our defense and I think we can qualify for the world cup.

15. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    A respectable result and performance. Besides a nervy and uneventful opening 25 minutes, I thought it was a good showing. There were quite a few defensive lapses and some careless giveaways, but there was also plenty of neat combinations, determined pressing, and stellar goalkeeping throughout.

I thought Darida was our best player today and is certainly qualified to be our next captain. Other standout performers were Pavlenka, Celustka, Dockal, and Jankto. I was disappointed with Kalas though. There's no shortage of athleticism and talent, but he seems to have trouble marking and positioning himself.

For Saturday, I'd have Sivok, Dockal, and Jankto replace Kalas, Zmrhal, and Krmencik, but this time have Krejci return to the left and Jankto play on the right. Anything but a win in Norway will likely end our qualification hopes, but I'm very confident that we'll manage.

16. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Missed the match, but sounds like it was a somewhat decent performance (our goal was a bit of a fluke/blunder on their part from the highlights). Norway have been rather poor so far this qualifying run, so I am cautiously optimistic that we will get the 3 points in Oslo.

17. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Looks like Krmencik will start up top today. I know Jarolim wants to stick with the hot-hand, but he hasn't really performed that well and is certainly not at Schick's level. Plus with Dockal in the team, Schick would have someone to play at his pace in combination.

Hopefully Jankto plays from the start in that case. Those two are simply too good to be on the bench. Together with Darida, they're already our most valuable players (as per Transfermarkt) by quite a margin.

18. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
  19. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    No Jankto or Schick and of course Northern Ireland just have to score a last minute winner against Azerbaijan.

20. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I really was hoping Schick was going to start. He is by far our best striker. Sivok also worries me.

Hopefully Schick, Jankto, and Skoda can make an appearance.

21. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Slow start but started picking up in the 10 minutes leading up that great goal, right back to left back.

22. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Selassie makes it 1-0!

23. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Zmrhal coming off with an injury. Jankto on.

24. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Good first half. We have had the majority of the chances. Defense has done well as well. Sivok is old, but he keeps the defense organized.

25. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Would feel a lot better if we can get a 2nd early next half.