Cuban playing for Juventus

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by soccer krazy, Sep 18, 2006.

1. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    Samon Reider Rodriguez is a cuban player currently playing in Italy team Juventus. Does anybody know more about him?

2. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    he comes from thier primevera team/ youth team.. I think he is a cuban decent player born in Italy

or he defected when he was young and lived and Italy either way he can't represent Cuba NT now, since apparently once you leave most players don't wanna comeback

he has yet to start or play or be part of the 18 man roster

3. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Guate didn't know you're a Wolves fan.....which Guatemalan player plays there? The reason I asked is because I know you were a CSD Municipal fan although you feel strongly about suchitepequez since it's your home team.:)

4. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

my home team is Heredia from Morales, but i was a big of suchi cause my cousin play there now and was part of thier youth team, and they have been really good team of late

i am a Wolves fan cause my dad is a big wolves fan and it stuck to me, he traveled alot back in the 70's and said he caught a game over there while breifly visting a cousin of my dads in the Midlands, i have lots of favorite teams , i gotta rotate my list.

BTW i only like Municipal when its a International tourney:D

and no guatemalan players has ever played at Wolves but Pando Ramirez had a Stint with them before coming to LA Galaxy late 2004, Ruiz had a Training stint when they where still in the Premiership, and thats about it

5. wreckedmachine redded

Aug 15, 2006
    pretty sweet for a cubano to be playing in juve , olle chico! chevere chevere

6. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    the question is will he play for the NT since i assume he will get punished for defecting??

some one need to explain this cuba defecting laws and who it will effect thier nt playing status

7. wreckedmachine redded

Aug 15, 2006
    true, need more info.

8. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Cool. I think it's always difficult for Latin and South American players to adapt in England. I know Veron, Hernan Crespo and a few others had a lot of problems. I guess the culture, food and weather maybe determining factors for some players but I mean these guys should just work a lil harder. But kudos to them for even getting there in the first place!

I don't know about Heredia, but I'm aware of the success of CSD Municipal and Communicaciones. I remember reading a few yrs ago where Communicaciones actually wanted to sign one of the soca warriors players. He didn't sign with them tho.

Anyways, good luck to your Wolves this season. I think they play in the championship league (old english first division) hope they get promoted to the prem again.:) I mean Wigan FC surprised alot of people last season.

9. cuban19

cuban19 New Member

Sep 4, 2006
    This kid never defected from Cuba his mother married an italian man and both
    moved to Italy but because the political system of Cuba he will never be allowed to play for the national team.
    I know at least 5 guys that they play in Europe(Portugal,Spain and Scotland) and all they want to do is represent their country but the comunist won't let them.Why?
    Because is all about politics and the goverment wants to keep saying that their athletes are not professionals and all the good results they get is due to the love to the comunism and Fidel Castro.

10. vader54

vader54 New Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Japan
    do you know where I can get the national team soccer jersey for Cuba. Ive been looking for it and i cant find it anywhere.

vader54 , please post any respoce.

11. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  12. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    Anybody have any updates on him??