Cuartos de Final- como ven los cruces de Copa 2010?

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by superfrantheman, May 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Ya se acabo todo. Si tu equipo perdio deja de llorar, quedan 8 y de ahi saldra el campeon.

Flamengo (BRA) vs Universidad de Chile (CHI)
    Libertad (PAR) vs Guadalajara (MEX)
    Estudiantes (ARG) vs Internacional (BRA)
    Cruzeiro (BRA) vs Sao Paolo (BRA)

veo una final entre Chivas y Cruzeiro, y a Cruzeiro ganandola.

2. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So Libertad got a goal at the end? I missed that, I thought it had ended on a draw.

I'll be watching that match later.

3. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    yeah i didnt know they had already play! all the attention was on santiago tonight

4. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Look like more good matches on the horizon.

So from the groups stage to the round of 16 we got.

Brazil: 5/5
    Argentina: 3/4
    Peru: 2/3
    Uruguay: 1/3
    Colombia: 1/2
    Chile: 1/3
    Paraguay: 1/3
    Bolivia: 0/2
    Mexico: 0/2
    Venezuela: 0/2
    Ecuador: 0/3

And towards the quarter finals.

Brazil: 4/5 - Would've been impossible to get all the 5.
    Chile: 1/1
    Paraguay: 1/1
    Mexico: 1/2
    Argentina: 1/3
    Uruguay: 0/1
    Peru: 0/2

I see a potential Estudiantes-Cruzeiro on the semis.

Also note that except Estudiantes-San Luis(which finished 4-1) and Cruzeiro Nacional(which finished 6-1) all the other clashes there were a difference of a single goal or one of the teams advanced because of away goals, and São Paulo-Universitario which was definied on penalties.

5. El_tri321mex

El_tri321mex Member

Oct 20, 2006
    berkeley
    Chivas vs Sao Paolo final

6. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    It seems like the lower bracket has the strongest teams. I think every single match is rather balanced, with Libertad proposing an interesting type of game that Guadalajara will have to untangle. U de Chile and Flamengo already played in the group stages with an edge of the Chilean team over the Brazilians.

Internacional has been shaky, despite the easy group and Sao Paulo hasn't been the same of years past... and the face Cruzeiro, easily the beat team of the cup.

7. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    The IFFHS ranks the teams in the QFs this way:

2/ Estudiantes de la Plata = The most powerful team in the world after Barcelona.

4/ Cruzeiro = Right after Inter from Milano.

29/ Inter = Big drop, about even with Liverpool.

30/U de Chile = More powerful than Ajax (32) or Real Madrid (34) at this point.

35/ Libertad = A club that goes up and up every passing year.

37/ Flamengo = Stronger than Juve and Porto.

88/ Sao Paulo = A weak team that underperforms of late. Better than the Rangers (leading the Scottish league) but not as good as Lazio.

350+/Guadalajara = So weak it does not even figure. Weaker than the America or the FC Seoul.

http://www.iffhs.de/?10f42e00fa2d17f73702fa3016e23c17f7370eff3702bb1c2bbb6f28f53512

Following the IFFHS I'd predict:

U de Chile barely defeats Flamengo
    Libertad defeats Guadalajara
    Estudiantes defeats Internacional
    Cruzeiro defeats Sao Paulo

U de Chile defeats Libertad by a hair.
    Estudiantes-Cruzeiro is a "final adelantada."

Whoever wins the Estudiantes-Cruzeiro match will defeat U de Chile in the final.

Estudiantes has the wildest possible ride to the title, facing #3, #2 and #4 'seeded' teams in that order.

8. El_tri321mex

El_tri321mex Member

Oct 20, 2006
    berkeley
    haha had a good laugh

9. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Flamengo (BRA) vs Universidade de Chile (CHI)
    Based on their first-round results, Flamengo looks to be at a disadvantage, and they don't have home field. But São Paulo lost to Cabras Guadalajara at home twice in the opening round of 2006 only to beat them in Mexico and in Brazil in the semifinals. São Paulo had home field then - let's see whether Flamengo can match that feat. For now: Universidade de Chile.

Liberdade (PAR) vs Cabras Guadalajara (MEX)
    Cabras Guadalajara impressed me with their elimination of Velez Sarsfield, who was ranked #4 overall. But I haven't seen Liberdade play once. Only by sheer virtue of having home field, I'm picking Liberdade.

Estudantes da Prata (ARG) vs Internacional (BRA)
    One of two anticipated finals. A rematch of the 2008 Copa Sul-Americana. Extremely hard to call, but I'm going to pick Internacional only because they are on an upward swing and because Estudantes' defense is somewhat shaky.

Cruzeiro (BRA) vs São Paulo (BRA)
    São Paulo is my team and I want to see them win a 4th Copa. But Cruzeiro is kicking ass right now, and São Paulo, while having gone w/ a clean sheet in the last 180 minutes, hasn't scored in the last 230 minutes. Even with home field, logic says Cruzeiro - unfortunately. But if Fernandão, who just arrived from Goiás and helped Internacional win the 2006 Libertadores and Club World Cup does what's expected of him, São Paulo has a shot of reaching the semifinals.

10. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Internacional will beat Estudiantes,

AGAIN

No need to mention we went and defeated them in Argentina and got them at home.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxBnGf4TEQw"]YouTube- INTERNACIONAL 1 X 1 ESTUDIANTES [ GOL NILMAR RBS][/ame]

So all the spanish people that count Inter out just because we are a Brasilian side and you people automatically side with your people and hate on us, I got news for you. Inter will beat Estudiantes, advance and Brasilian teams will dominate the semis.

AGAIN

11. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Yes, I remember that was a pretty heated two-legged final. I expected your team to win without complications after taking 3 points in Cidade da Prata Stadium, but Estudantes gave your team a lot of work on the return leg. They have home field this time around, which will make things very interesting.

12. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Estudiantes has a solid team but they've shown a weakness in central defense. Also they have been working hard to try to win the Argentine tournament and advance in Libertadores, and you have to wonder about the physical condition of some players. They are playing another key match in the league this week and they'll have to go all out. So, I think they are vulnerable.

On the other hand, Inter has been inconsistent. At least based on their Copa performances, at times they've played like a strong candidate for the title and at other times they looked ordinary.

So, it will be very interesting to see what happens. It's really hard to predict.

13. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Estudiantes tiene un camino muy duro adelante. Internacional, y luego Cruzeiro o Sao Paulo, si es que pasan.

Yo creo que Cruzeiro elimina a los Pinchas.

14. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    An interesting statistic may work in Internacional's favor. They have gone 14 straight Libertadores matches without losing at Beira-Rio Stadium. They did not lose their match w/ Estudantes in the 2008 Copa Sul-Americana (1-1 draw). A draw wouldn't be good, though - they must win and seek to score on Argentine soil in the return match.

As ASF said, Estudantes is under stress, and Internacional must exploit Estudantes' less than stellar central defense. I look forward to this confrontation, just as I do SPFC vs Cruzeiro.

15. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yep, it should be great. But that's what Libertadores is all about. They are a strong team and we must never rule out any team that hails from Argentina. With our rivalry and all it makes for great football. I think it's going to be the best match of Libertadores so far.

16. ElGuapo

ElGuapo New Member

Jul 23, 2006
    MN
    Hey whatever happened with that new rule that says that if 3 or more teams from the same country reach the quarterfinals, they would have to play each other? The point was not to have 2 teams from the same country in the final? The way this is set up right now 2 Brazilian teams can play in the final. Shouldn't the 4 brazilian teams play each other?

17. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Here's my blog coverage of the second leg of the round of sixteen

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/blog.php?b=8443

Player of the week: Roberto Gamarra
    Honorable mention: Bruno, Leandro Benitez

Goat of the week: Carlos Vera
    Dishonorable mention: James Rodriguez

Team of the week: Cruzeiro
    Honorable mention: Inter

Worst team of the week: Nacional
    Dishonorable mention: Corinthians

18. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Ganador Flamengo (BRA)-Universidad de Chile (CHI) vs. Ganador Libertad (PAR) vs Guadalajara (MEX)

Ganador Estudiantes (ARG)-Internacional (BRA) vs. Ganador Cruzeiro (BRA) vs Sao Paolo (BRA)

Según lo que escuché hoy, así sería el cruce para las semis.
    Por el momento, creo que Fla pasa: la llave entre Libertad y Chivas está bien debatible.

La otra llave (los 4 equipos) también está muy pareja.

19. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    A lot of Estudiantes' fate in the cup could be definied tomorrow, because Estudiantes could become the champion of Argentina if they win their match(vs. Rosario Central) and Argentinos Juniors loses theirs(vs. Independiente), if not it'll be definied in the last matchday next week. after Estudiantes returns from Brazil.

20. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Para mí clasifican:

Flamengo (BRA) vs Guadalajara (MEX)
    Cruzeiro (BRA) vs Internacional (BRA)

Dale Cruzeiro!!!

21. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Cuatro excelentes pares de partidos, que no le tienen nada que envidiar a nadie.

I'm not too happy about waiting after the WC finals for the semis. Things will have changed a lot by then.

22. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Chivas already up 1-0 Bravo scores a header... :eek:

23. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Terrible tackle right there should've been a red card.

24. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Golazo...2-0 damnnn

25. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Bravo just missed the third for Chivas...