CSN steps up in 2015

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Cweedchop, Feb 26, 2015.

1. nobletea

nobletea Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 29, 2004
    HarCo
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me either, though I only tried for the first few minutes before I lost interest in the game anyway. It might have worked later on, I couldn't say.

2. MagpieFan

MagpieFan Member+

Apr 25, 2004
    Back in DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I bet this is pretty much what Spanish language users encounter most of the time when they see "en Espanol SAP"

fatbastard repped this.
  3. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    NFL and NBA rarely work for me.

4. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was thinking the same thing. I think this is the first time I have ever heard of a channel doing an English SAP - but then I rarely watch things on the Spanish-language channels because it's only funny for so long to only understand the players names and sponsor product names.

5. nobletea

nobletea Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 29, 2004
    HarCo
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny thing is it seems like a simpler solution than to have two separate channels showing the same thing with two different announcers. I'm talking to you Gol/BeIn.

6. JRHokie

JRHokie Member+

Aug 23, 2001
    Fairfax, VA
    Re: your sig - Were you at the G.Love show last night?

Kicked ass

7. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, couldn't make it. He's always good in concert - glad someone got to enjoy it :)

8. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    I was specifically referring to Channel 47 on DirecTV.

I don't get UniMas in the 400's (which I think is 408?).

The game was simulcast on the Univision Deportes Network (HD) which was 455. The SAP thingy worked perfectly. Or rather, I actually didn't have to press the SAP as the English came through without any fiddling around on 455.

The reason I asked is because if the SAP doesn't work, or isn't supported on Channel 47, it's best to start banging the monkey now about it as DC United has three games on UniMas later this season . If they are not simulcast on 455 (as the first couple of games seem to be) it will be hard cheese come April 3rd in Orlando.

ROTFLMFO

Seriously? Unless my sarcasm meter is broken, you might have missed something.

Thx,

Jay!

9. Heist

Heist Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you read it as sarcasm, your meter is fine.
    If you read it as CSN is better but still sucks that they don't send the announcers to road games you're also correct.

10. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    It just reminded me CSN didn't send a full crew to the home opener.

JayRockers! repped this.
  11. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Ding ding ding!

Thx,

Jay!

12. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Those Bethesda to RFK flights are expensive.

Boloni86 repped this.
  13. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I thought it was 404. I get a few random 400-level channels but most I don't and I forgot to look to see if I got 455 last night - I'm guessing I do not if it's HD-only. I don't think I get any of the "Deportes" channels.

So who do we complain to to fix DTV channel 47's SAP issue?

JayRockers! repped this.
  14. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    If it's not on tonight I'm going to start with contacting channel 47 to see if they actually support it.

Thx,

Jay!

15. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    ******** BS ERRORS!!!

MLS has updated the site. They don't list DC's unimas, but it may help to look at the providers and if they should have SAP.

JayRockers! repped this.
  16. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Channel 47 is working this week on DirecTV!

It's an SD channel. The feed if you just turn it on is in Spanish. If you change to SAP, you get English!

On 455 (in HD) you get English without changing the SAP button if you are an English-package subscriber, I surmise.

The SAP switch also works if you are recording channel 47 on your DirecTV DVR. No additional steps need to be taken other than pressing play then pressing the SAP.

And it works on DVRing 455 as well, English without having to access the SAP

Thx,

Jay!

17. Heist

Heist Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if that works in DC for FIOS too. The HD Unimas didn't seem to have an SAP option. And man, was that game dreadful. I only watched small parts of it last night and I had to stop.

18. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    According to the link in my last post,

19. Heist

Heist Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks

20. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Think of the worst pairing to ever call a game for DC United.

Ramses Sandoval and Paul Caliguri are going to be unbearable in three weeks, especially if Kaka is playing.

Is there a "Spanish Like A Native in 21 Days" course on the Internet?

Thx,

Jay!

21. itwasi

itwasi Member+

May 9, 2008
    I don't know
    Club:
    DC United
  22. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched it, it was pretty good. Sebi's a great host. I like their segment on "get to know an Academy player" or whatever they called it - I want the kid they highlighted signed immediately (mostly kidding), he had a great attitude (or at least has been well trained in what to say during an interview).

edit: it was Williamson, talented kid who at 16/17(?) has the gall to be able to grow a better beard than I can.

I paused it on one of the internal stadium drawings to look for weird fake people (that's always fun to do with artist renderings) and noticed there was some tramp at one of the concourse tables with thigh-high leather boots and a tiny tight red dress. At least she was in United colors, the other few folks you could see in the shot were wearing blue.
    I'm sorry did I say tramp, I meant possible future wife :)

Winoman and sitruc repped this.
  23. nobletea

nobletea Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 29, 2004
    HarCo
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She was a cheerleader. It's part of the re-branding.

24. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn, as a certified dirty old man I'm up for cheerleaders dressing "better" :)

But @Riz used to love waving dollar bills at the Crewzer cheerleaders, she'd have to up her game and wave $20s if ours were dressed like this lady :)

Winoman repped this.
  25. usadcu

usadcu Member

Aug 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    DCU's website is still listing the game on Thursday the 13th of August at NYCFC as being on CSN...but my cable guide is now showing CSN and CSN+ carrying the Washington and Baltimore, respectively, football preseason games that evening. So no local tv for DCU, or might it be on tape? So far it doesn't come up at all on my cable guide.

sitruc repped this.