CSL 2010 Thread

Discussion in 'China' started by greenlion, Dec 9, 2009.

1. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    completely agree, but I think part of it might be that the CSL is such an immature and potentially corrupt league that they feel this works the best. Head to head couldn't be changed on the final day, though goal differential might make it easier for those doing the dirty stuff to have an impact.

Glad to see FIFA joined in attacking the CSL for its idiotic half hour halftime policy : http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jfx8Uf7B8khNPnpd4gkDUdQqZeEg

2. shanghai_ultra

Mar 29, 2006
    Shanghai
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    What is bizarre is that no-one from the CSL has offered any explaination as to how exactly having a 30-minute half-time break will prevent any dodgy stuff from happening. I fail to understand the logic of it.

3. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Dalian Shide has been invited to play two friendly matches against the Myanmar National Team in Myanmar.

Dalian Shide will use a roster that restricted to local players, as the foreign players have to return home after the long CSL fixture.

4. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    now go do something in the ACL

1 person likes this.
  5. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PF46dP2Nyk&feature=related"]YouTube - Fantasy Football League - Chinese Football/Huge Fat Bloke[/ame]

Channel 4 in Britain had Chinese Jia A coverage?

6. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    I don't understand the logic either. The stupidity and ineptness of the CFA never ceases to amaze me...

7. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Yep, watch out for Guangzhou Evergrande next season in CSL. With Evergrande the new owner, they have very deep pockets and looks quite determined to bring back the glory days of Guangdong football. The lineup looks strong with Gao Lin and Brazilian Muniqi (spelling?) up front and ZZ and Sun Xiang at the back. I also like the two local kids Lu Lin and Wu Pingfeng, one on each side of the flanks.

Word on the street is they have a 6 million USD in transfer fee budget next season and wants to lure Park Jisung away from ManU for 20 million RMB (LOL as if Park would ever want to leave ManU)

That Brazilian Muniqi was a great pickup from the Brazilian League for 3.5M USD. Very quick and has got good smell of goal. I will not be surprised if the team will finished top 4 the coming season.

8. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Rumors are that Lee Jangsoo is going to target some of his former Guoan players, especially Yang Zhi and Darko Matic. Those 2 are 1 and 2 in minutes this past season, losing one would be bad, both would be a disaster. Yang, who is from Guangzhou, is the most likely to leave. If they can get both of them, it would turn them into a Asian spot contender right off the bat and could relegate Guoan to midtable mediocrity.

I heard rumors that Shenhua made a run at signing Robert Pires, but not sure if there's anything to it.

9. shanghai_ultra

Mar 29, 2006
    Shanghai
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
  10. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Robert Pires is also target by the thailand champions team

11. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    163 reports that Guangzhou Evergrande is trying to go for Olympic captain Zhang Linpeng.

12. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    sina was reporting that hangzhou and shandong was also tracking him ^^

13. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
  14. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Didn't you buy yours too from 2009? Or was that just journalistic rumors?

Jiang Jin and Qi Hong is like David Seaman and Steve McManaman. Scary $hit. I'm gonna feel sick watching Shenhua in a few months.

15. AntlersFan17

AntlersFan17 New Member

Nov 22, 2009
    Orlando,FL
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    does anyone watch CSL on afc.com ?

16. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

About time. That's quite a lineup for Guangzhou.

17. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    haha, there was never any proof and as far as I know, the club has been exonerated on those charges. This, on the other hand, is bad news for Shanghai. Unfortunately, don't think anyone will notice it and the CSL would prefer it goes away as quickly as possible instead of punishing the club for it.

18. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Anyone following this Feng Renliang "age doping" debacle?

19. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i am reading to it and it seems he was disqualified from the olympics.
    didn't the age doping happened with Yi Jianlian too?

20. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    It happens with so many Chinese athletes that its hard to keep track of anymore, though cases like Yi's are so blatant that its kind of hard to ignore. It's so insane that it even extends to China's paralympic athletes where they are taught how to fake more severe disability when it comes time to do classifications. Hopefully something will be done to clean it up, but it's going to take a big bust or punishment for that to happen.

21. shanghai_ultra

Mar 29, 2006
    Shanghai
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    The sooner China realises that Olympic football isn't even worth cheating over the better. It also would help make fans' expectations more realistic if they knew that getting pumped in the Olympics doesn't matter that much. It's a useful youth tournament... but its not worth sweating about. China needs to get over its obsession with the Olympics, football-wise its not relevant.