CS Emelec....news & transfers (r) Part IV

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Clubs' started by siempreazul, Nov 27, 2010.

1. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    lol you usually dont talk nonsense but damn..... lol

good luck tho. ps. born in toronto .... been to quito numerous times .... altitude exists and plays a roll in the way your body reacts . to ignore or say it shouldn't affect you is outlandish if ur not from a place with high altitude.

2. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    When U. De Chile and Velez Sarsfield came to Quito did you see them stop to catch their breath at all? Nope. I didn't. When Argentina came to Quito in 2002 did you see them do it? Nope. I know altitude exists, but some people here make it seem like it's the main reason we qualify as a NT, win international cups, etc. Then why is Bolivia at the bottom of the table in the Qualifiers? Why is it that NO bolivian team has won sh*t ever in Libertadores, Sudamericana, etc.? That's what I want to know. The players that travel from la costa to Quito or the rest of the cities w/ high altitude rarely are out of breath complaining about sh*t. Barcelona has 14 titles and where are they from? Guayaquil. Remember when they moved to Quito attempting to see if they could get positive results? I do. Did it work? HELL NO!! That's proof RIGHT THERE (probably the best proof) that altitude wasn't the reason the teams from la sierra were winning campeonatos or international cups. Some of you guys needs to let the altitude thing go...the altitude card isn't as relevant to pull off anymore as it was 10 years ago.

I've never actually been out for a run in Quito which is why I want to do that and see what the difference is. I think some players just get intimidated and stressed out worrying about the altitude more than the actual game which ends up biting them in the ass. That's a weak mind.

3. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    you didnt understand my post . i never mentioned or insinuated altitude being reasons why a team is successful or not . i just simply said it does exist and it does affect you. whether you can handle it is completely different .

4. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    To say altitude does not factor in a team's performance is nonsense. It sure as hell does. You can minimize the effects with proper training, rest, hydration and whatnot but you will feel the effects. Does Ecuador qualify strictly because of the altitude, no. That being said it does give the players who are accustomed to it an an edge. The time's Ecuador has qualified to a Wold Cup or Quito-based clubs have been successful in Libertadores or Sudamericana hasn't strictly been because of the altitude but because they had good teams. But what it come down to is it does give you an edge. But people shouldn't use that as a viable excuse for failure, teams have proven they can come in and obtain a positive result in Quito and it hasn't been because of luck either.

mac-0n3 repped this.
  5. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    U de Chile is used to playing in the Altitude and several of velez sarsfiled players have experience playing in Mexico. Argentina sucks ass in the altitude. always has and always will. Why is that? Why did you think Spain doesn't want to play in Quito if it doesn't effect the human body? Like I said only 5 or 6 countries in the WORLD play at that ridiculous altitude.

Because Bolivia has historically never been that good and they don't have the cash to bring in good foreigners and coaches to their league. Seriously and with all respect to Bolivia but who would want to go there? 90 Percent of the foreign players and coaches that work in Ecuador would never go to Bolivia. In 1994 Bolivia crush Brazil in qualifiers and I think its the first time in history that brazil lost a qualifier. What I want to know is why bolivia has won a Copa America and Ecuador has not. Answer That! God help if Bolivia ever gets their shit straight!

That's because they are used to it! For the love of god. You can't compare players that travel to the altitude every other week to players or clubs that NEVER go to the altitude. Why does Barcelona have 14 stars? Besides El Nacional, Club in the capital were ********in AWFUL! You think your liga was any good back in the day? I remember when Liga had 3 stars and were a JOKE. FLAT OUT AWFUL! How times have changed.

I don't think so and like other poster here have pointed out that You don't have a clue. Last Time I was in Quito was 1995 and I ran 2 miles under 12 Minutes at that time. So your whole nice and steady pace running 5 miles and to be safe call it 5 miles in 30 minutes. Man, I would pay to see you do it knowing well that A footballers has another hour to play and not at a pussy steady pace but putting you body thru strenuous sprints and paces of a football match knowing full well that the oxygen you loave will not be there. Uff. Those Kenyans and Ethiopians must have better facilities and mental preparation than the entire world and their altitude training has nothing to do it.

6. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Malo de jesus is at it again. OMFG. you ********ing suck ball. Anyone see the incredible shit he just missed in brazil you ********ing piece of shit moron.

7. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Not just De Jesus but Valencia sucks. I can't believe they both missed such clear opportunities.

8. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Gotta get Caicedo in. I'll also sub in Angulo for Valencia and have him attack through the wing. If we're still having problems offensively, Gaibor is another option. We have a chance, just gotta make the right adjustments and personnel changes.

9. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Emelec played a good second half. But the Fn REf messed it up for them...

10. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What a disappointment. Seriously. Is there any team that can represent Ecuador like Liga has? Freaking disgrace. Stupid fouls by Achilier (idiot didn't learn from his suspension?) and Quiñonez. Freaking sad. De Jesus and Valencia are garbage.

11. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I saw the game, Emelec deserved better fate, but OMG can someone go to Ecuador and teach our defenses to defend against high crosses in free Kicks??? that first goal is ridiculous.
    about the Altitude,it doesnt win you games, Argentina, Uruguay AND Venezuela have managed to come out with the 3 points. is it an advantage? hell yeah.

12. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    When was the last time Argentina or Brazil won in Quito? Uruguay is Ecuador's black cloud and when was the last time Venezuela won in Quito? When Ecuadorian players wanted to kick Suarez out as coach?

Atahualpa = 40K Paying Fans
    Monumental = 90+K paying Fans plus Suite and whole lotta Palco's.

Which makes more money?

13. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I didn't see the entire game and only caught the second half....but I saw the highlights of De Jesus like 3 times and Valencia as well. OMFG!! lol that's all I can say. I don't understand why Quinteros benches the top goal scorer (Marcos Caicedo) and expects his team to win. You know, you do have to SCORE to win right? But from the little I saw, Emelec owned fluminense for straight 25 minutes in the 2nd half and played well until Achilier was suspended.

How many games in a ROW is it that Achilier gets a red? I thought Nasuti was next. These dudes have been getting red's and suspensions for card accumulation up the ass. What is going on with them? lol So many cards even Narvaez and Wilson Morante, who were deep in the bench, get minutes now.

It's a shame Marlon De Jesus is just stuck in that phase where he'll never learn how to finish. What a waste of size, strength, and speed! Vinicio Angulo and Pablo Zeballos wouldn't have missed all those opportunities and i could put money on that. I don't know why Quinteros doesn't let them start. Baffles me.

14. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    De Jesus is a major disappointment and like you said, a waste of size, strength, and speed. He's 22 and still hasn't figured out how to finish. He'll probably figure it out in his late twenties. He has played a total of 21 international games at the international level (club) and scored a total of 2 times! His poor ability to finish has definitely hurt us and will continue to hurt us as long as he plays. Why Quinteros goes with him over Zeballos or Angulo is beyond me. Zeballos has not had the season many of us hoped we would but to be fair he hasn't been given a chance. He plays 15-20 minutes one game, rides bench the next two, gets a start the following one, and again rides bench. Definitely hard for someone to get into rhythm.

15. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    How to forget his rise to fame.

16. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    ^^^
    That shenanigan cost us not qualifying to the Olympics smh... Cazares had a bad miss too in that tournament, I think it was against Argentina.

17. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Marlon de Jesus i freakin love you right now for missing that open shot vs. Dida. YOU ARE THE FREAKIN MAN!!:thumbsup::D lol

18. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Love him? Liga should retire his number after the amount of goals he missed against them today.

19. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We took Yoya, you guys are taking Miller Bolanos...fair game. I wish Miller the best in Emelec and hope he breaks into the first team although it will be difficult taking into account the playing style emelec has and the amount of players that compete for a starting position in the attacking half of the field. Miller will have to go against Mondaini, Ener Valencia, Marcos Caicedo, and Fernando Gimenez so the task won't be easy. But if he prevails, this is his ticket to the NT- I hope Rueda is watching closely b/c IMO this is the missing key we lack.

LDU4ever repped this.
  20. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Agreed!!!!!!!!

21. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

LOL Fernando Guerrero stays getting smacked, punched, knocked out, etc. at least 4-5 times a season. Poor guy. I wonder what pisses people off about him that makes him get a beating.

22. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    While Marlon can miss some wide open goals, at least we know he can land a punch.

23. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Emelec- Huancayo

After a disappointing start to the second half where Huancayo scored first, Emelec scored 2 goals in 2 minutes. One by Bolanos....They look like the better team.

24. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Good game by Miller Bolanos. Off to a great start in Emelec, this was his first game. I want to see him triumph in Emelec to break into the NT, a player with his vision and creativity is needed. Keep it up Miller!

25. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Where is Emelec getting their footballers? Narvaez absolutely sucks ass and that lastra kid is a Jackass. He's going to a ban from the Conmebol for that red card. Ridiculous. Instead of getting better footballer, they are getting worst.