Pre-match: Crown Prince Cup Final 2009: Al-Hilal v. Al-Shabab [R]

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by Sayf, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The Yellow Media just gets lower and lower. They launched a bizarre campaign to get him appointed to the NT in the name of "patriotism." After that failed, they've started a new campaign to kick him out of the country to save the "honor" of Prince Sultan!

2. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Here's the goal:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCQD1Mz5m4w"]Fahad Al-Mofarrej[/ame]

Look at this guy. You gotta be happy for him after all he's gone through from guys like me. :D What a fitting way to end the game; this is why I love football.

3. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I've read that two different reasons why Cosmin didn't join up on stage:

#1 Some argument with stadium officials about the number of players allowed to celebrate with the trophy.

#2 He was exhausted or sick or something and had to go to the dressing room for a breather.

I think around 77 minutes the game started getting better but not a classic.

While it may open up the field for Hilal's midfielders and 3 DMs might stifle them, you can't keep them out for 90 minutes and they have good set pieces skills. Attacking might also force Al-Hilal on the back foot. As they say, if the ball is in your opponent's half they can't score. (Does not apply to Clarence Seedorf)