"Croatianizing" our midfield in style - Welcome Mateo Kovačić

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by saadomar, Aug 17, 2015.

1. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Kovacic went to Inter as an 18 year old and started right away. Yes it is true he spent time on the bench as well at Inter but it was split about 50/50.

2. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    I'll laugh so much if Kova has a killer season, and most of the angry mobs in this thread do act as if nothing ever happened when he comes back here ready to be a starter.

If that happens, I expect lots of contorted explanations on why something happened that make previous violent criticism void.

Hendrix22 repped this.
  3. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Angry mobs? Lol, come on dude.

Eddie, HZinho, Ahmadi8 and 1 other person repped this.
  4. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Oooh. Kova is gonna show me and make me eat my words!!!!

I'm actually hoping he does very well so that we either get a great fee for him or bring back a more developed player. Doesn't change the fact that his comments were both ungrateful and moronic.[/QUOTE]

Deep Pal, madridista_hr, Eddie and 3 others repped this.
  5. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    His fanboys are triggered hahaha.

6. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #1056 Shay Z, Aug 21, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    It most certainly amounted to "******** him, he should be sold". Some of it came from yours truly. The reaction to Bale's comments was pretty vitriolic yet muted than Cristiano (who had previous strikes) because we all thought it was forgone conclusion that he will sold and most were OK with it.

It's not my fault that such a simple notion that different people are treated differently based on who they are and what their value is needed to be explained to you like a child. Scratch that, even kids know that. I don't even know what to say about that to be honest. Sheesh.

So in conclusion you were wrong to assert that Kovacic is only one being criticized while others weren't.
    You were wrong that people are saying he's committed a crime.
    And you lack understanding of basic developmental and sociological notions.

YOUNGSTARS87, Ahmadi8 and J-Mezzy repped this.
  7. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I don't care much about what he said tbh. He "left" the club. In none of the other cases the player genuinely wanted to leave. Ramos wanted money. If he had left the club i would have said ******** him too.

8. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
  9. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I am not against bringing him back. He is a quality option and that is why i care what he thinks about the club. He does not show any signs of wanting to come back. He could not wait a week to post a message that the whole world translated to hjm not wanting to go back to Madrid.

Vector-SS, J-Mezzy, HZinho and 1 other person repped this.
  10. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Spot on.

J-Mezzy, Eddie and S1na repped this.
  11. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    According to Ceballos, Kova has wanted to leave Madrid after his very first season with us because he wasn’t happy with the amount play time he was getting lol this dude is not coming back.

12. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Where did Dani say this?

13. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
  14. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Well I said this as well but you know certain posters attacked me after I said this. Zidane did some Jedi mind tricks to convince Kovacic to stay as long as he did.

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'd prefer if Chelsea pay us about 150 mil. for him.

Shay Z, ahnaf, PigBenis and 3 others repped this.
  16. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    The best part is how people got mad when some of us pointed how much an ungrateful shit he is.

17. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yup ZZ and Madrid made him a CL winner

18. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Can you believe the audacity of that guy?

Instead of being any kind of grateful to be part of our club's greatness.

Digital repped this.
  19. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    #1069 robnycus, Sep 8, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    Translate the artcle to get the context.
    He is basically saying that he felt last year just like Kova did in the past.. he said he also would have left or asked for a transfer if Zidane was still at the club.
    Says it was a very hard year for him watching how Zizou would often change formations to accomodate other players while he was overlooked, even when both Modric and Kroos were injured .
    He said he is still here only because of Lopetegui..

20. gladiator guti

gladiator guti Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    He still has Modric/Kroos/Casemiro ahead of him. Isco can play CM too. J Lo might give him more playing time, but his role is unchanged - a backup.

And btw, he came across like a real whiner to me.

Digital and J-Mezzy repped this.
  21. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I just don’t get it, everyone cannot play all the time, someone or should I say some players in the squad have to understand that they are more often than not going to be on the bench as subs, he came here and found better players playing and doing well, it was his first season here, maybe a little patience was/is required to get to the point you want to at “the” biggest club on the planet , or, the alternative, go start for a lesser team

It’s not like he did not get to play at all, he was given opportunities in the Copa games to show what he could do and I have to say , at that time, seemed fairly innocuous, I am not getting his point of view, this is not Betis ( no disrespect meant) this is Madrid, you have to battle with the best players to get an opportunity, that’s just the reality of it, and players should understand that before signing up IMO, unless you are a “galactico” you are going to have to wait your turn, simple, some make it some don’t.

Bear Crotch repped this.
  22. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Uh, I can read it and he sounds like an ungrateful bitch.

I hope he has the best year of his life then we sell him for an astronomical fee.

ahnaf repped this.
  23. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    #1073 robnycus, Sep 8, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    ceballos or kova?
    He only makes one comment about kova in the whole interview..

24. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I get Dani's frustrations, but it really sounds like immaturity to me. The club wanted him to go out on loan to get PT, and he knew the odds of him playing before the season started. I also don't like when current staff or players talk about people that are not at the club anymore. If you have something to say, say it to their face, don't go to the media.

25. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    Kova was a good deal for the club. He played his part and kept his mouth shut when the season was on and that's the only thing that matters.

He pushed for the transfer this summer (the same thing Modric did when coming here which is like awesome and the same thing Hazard didn't do which makes him a pussy). Double standards make me laugh.

And now that he's gone Ceballos of all people is making comments about what Kova said and wanted. I'll wipe my ass with his words.

Yes, Kova's comments make him look like ungrateful and it pisses you off as a fan instantly, but there's nothing negative a Real fan can say about his time here. He was professional, hard working team player and a year from now he'll make millions for this club in transfer fee. That's what it comes down to.