"Croatianizing" our midfield in style - Welcome Mateo Kovačić

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by saadomar, Aug 17, 2015.

1. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Me too. I think Ceballos' style of play is more similar to Modric.

2. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Just as at Inter he still hasn't found his position here. They also showed patience with his inconsistency. In fact he most likely would already be a fixed starter there if he had stayed.

His value has appreciated primarily because of the market has gone up in general, but also because Kovacic has continued his progression.

3. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Your first paragraph is untrue and your second paragraph contradicts it. Part of that "progression" you spoke of was us settling him, finding his position (in midfield, not a winger or wide attacker) and building his confidence. All of which took patience.

He appreciated because he has shown glimpse of what he could be in the future in midfield; hence why you feel he is too big a talent to lose... yet Inter happily took the 30ME and told us to sort his head out.

4. Forcamadrid2

Forcamadrid2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 13, 2017
    Agreed. Not to mention we put 3 CL titles in his belt ;). Had he stayed at inter, he would be another Milonkevic.

5. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Inter played him centrally but for a few games - just like us. I just went back and checked, and he pretty much was a starter at Inter in his final season. So you could say that he downgraded his squad status coming here. We owe him less than you claim.

6. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    This is true comparing the minutes in the league.

Screenshot_20180810-163632.jpg

9Qui repped this.
  7. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Incorrect. He was played wide and in advanced positions centrally. He wasn't played as much deeper. It is at Madrid that he developed that.

Let's try not to change history smh.

We developed him and he is ungrateful. The only reason you're defending this is because you believe in his talent and want him to come back.

8. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Its better for us that he goes on loan in an elite club. He will develop more than with the minutes he will get here.

9. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This move was definitely best for the player, then Chelsea, and last us. I just think at this point our bench is way to weak to win anything.

We don't have the depth for a league campaign and even in the CL we are a couple of suspensions/injuries away from suffering a knockout defeat.

On paper the starting eleven is decent, although any player we replace Ronaldo with is already a downgrade. But not having guys like Kova to come in and deputize for the starters is gonna kill us sooner or later.

10. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Yep he frustrated Inter and seemed already in the process where he could possibly fade. They knew he was talented but didn't know how to get the most from him.

When we came for him the reaction was mixed because people knew it was a gamble but if we could sort him out we'd have a serious talent on our hands.

We sorted his ass out.

11. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1027970054825095168 is not a valid tweet id

This sounds like a goodbye :cry:

madridista_hr, Anon. and Eddie repped this.
  12. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Some of us here have said that we don't think he's coming back, and it looks like that's true.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  13. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    James probably posted a similar message when he left to Bayern. In the end, we own him. He proves himself, we promise him a starting spot, he will sprint back to Madrid.

14. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not a single hint in his message about coming back or this being a temporary move. We need to start planning for Modric’s successor now, with a view to buy big in summer using Kova’s revenue. Pogba or Sergej M-S would be fitting replacements depending on how their seasons go.

MerlinRM and Eddie repped this.
  15. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah after that post i doubt he’ll return.

If he kills it Chelsea, gets on well with the coach + team mates, they do well and he grows to love the city...he’ll probably feel at home there. There won’t much incentive to leave such a situation just to come back here to uncertainty again (in terms of starter status) apart from the fact that we’re a bigger club.

The main positive for us is that we can demand a high price if for him if he does do well since there is no purchase option.

16. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bye good luck. Get Thiago and we're done.

-------------------Bale-------------------
    Isco Modric Kroos Thiago Asensio

17. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Wow, just saw that post. Honestly, Fck him. What a twat. He has absolutely no desire to come back here.

18. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    He needs to focus on living up to his hype now he finally gets to start full time.

I want us to make a killing off of him.

libertao and Eddie repped this.
  19. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I have been saying this.

Some of us saw his actions as disrespectful with how he wanted so badly to leave without giving us our return on the pitch. Now all can see it clearly.

I have been saying we should sell to highest bidder and bring in Pogba next year or Sergej this year. Since we aren't selling till next summer we should be Pogba or bust (no bust).

Eddie and Anon. repped this.
  20. Phenom9

Phenom9 Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good luck to the kid, he can ask Morata how that life after Madrid is going lol

21. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He has no obligation to repay us anything, just like we have no obligation to repay Keylor anything. His career is short and if he decides he is done winning trophies (and he has won it all) as a secondary player, I respect his wish to try to be a primary player even if its for a smaller team. I dont know if he actually didnt show up to training or not, thats a dick move, but its not like he suddenly decided he wanted to leave. He, like James and Morata last year, made that very clear to us way back which is the most you can ask for.

I have more respect for someone like Morata who goes out and tries to prove themselves even if they fail, than someone like Saviola who was ok sitting on the bench and picking up paychecks and medals.

9Qui repped this.
  22. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hope he succeeds so that we can get 100 M+ for him. Offensively, he's not similar to Modric.

Eddie and Anon. repped this.
  23. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    His contract is his obligation and if we were assholes we could have told him to sit down and shut up (I'm glad we don't operate like that).

24. sneakking

sneakking Member+

Sep 11, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    give it about 10 months and we'll see how things pan out

I doubt anyone, including James, believed he might return after his loan, and after one year it's a possibility

25. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We shouldn’t be scared to drop 100m on Modric’s replacement next year, given that we should get a decent amount from Kova. Hopefully Perez doesn’t do a thrifty job and simply slot in Ceballos, who has good potential, but that’s about it IMHO.