Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Lewa9, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    But pissed on C Ronaldo at the World Cup. Kleenex?

Argentina with Messi = WC finalists
    Portugal with Ronaldo = First round exit

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Someone please drop a bucket of ice water on this goose.

greatstriker11 and leadleader repped this.
  2. EdgarAllanPoet

EdgarAllanPoet Member+

May 1, 2011
    I see you edited your post to include this little ditty above. Would you care to enlighten me how a joke about Spain as a nation and Spanish people independent of the Latin race can be construed as 'racism?' You are a physicist lacking the understanding of the distinctions between race and ethnicity? I guess you are of the community which regards ethnicity as race. An indictment of the Jamaican people is not a condemnation of Africans, African-Americans, Hatians, Dominicans or any other dark-skinned people or an attack on Afrocentricity.

This ideology is disturbing. You throw that racist word around like its nothing. That is a harsh accusation and you better be able to provide facts to support your claims. The only people as ignorant as racists are those who misuse it to vilify others.

3. leadleader

leadleader Member+

Aug 19, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #1578 leadleader, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
    Why are you so pathetic?

Honest question, by the way. I mean, I'm not trying to insult you, I'm just genuinely concerned for the well being of a walking CV that has nothing better to do other than swing his dick around at random people on the internet.

Hope you get to tackle that demon soon. Honest.

greatstriker11 and Pipiolo repped this.
  4. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Don't bother with that dude, seems like massive case of superiority complex. Must be wanking to C Ronaldo's underwear ads three times a day that does that to someone :rolleyes:

By the way, a much better political writer than this fellow thinks he is wrote the following: Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

5. EdgarAllanPoet

EdgarAllanPoet Member+

May 1, 2011
    You said clearly that your family and friends are all scholars. Politics is not complex and rather simple to comprehend. You vehemently stated that politicians are born into it and lack intellectual merit. Where in those statements should I have gleaned that you have a favorable opinion of politics?

Can you please stop rewriting searchable history? Saying that I debate Republicans is not "acting super intelligent." It means I am conditioned and well capable of debating unpopular opinions in unfavorable circumstances. Hence, 10 to 1 means nothing to me. I can refute multiple claims simultaneously without being overwhelmed. If this is not a skill Jaweirdo would have never made mention of the fact that I am so outnumbered to begin with. It is a difficult proposition for a laymen and I have seen many people fold, not just this form but Barcaforum, Redcafe and others. Messi fans always out number Cristiano fans on message boards. There are many brilliant Madrid posters and Portuguese who just do not come here and argue for Ronaldo. A major reason why I do so adamantly. Now the point about politics is that I have had to debate real world issues with real world consequences. Ronaldo/Messi is not serious by any stretch of the imagination.

I know for a fact you saw me conversing about M Theory with greatstriker11. I was grateful and appreciative of his responses. My roommate in college was a Cosmology/Astro-Physics major. This is where I garnered my interest in science. I have a great professional courtesy for those who work for the betterment of society in any discipline. I know you have seen me say I have been exposed to some of the most brilliant people in various fields due to my schooling and nature of work. I never claimed to be more intelligent than any of them. But by the same token, I am aware of who I am, what I have achieved and my capabilities and contributions. I'm not going to idly standby while people slander my intelligence. I will gladly list my standing to debunk those claims and converse on any subject I find interesting. Just as you did for yourself. Also, just because someone is a chemist or engineer doesn't necessarily make them more intelligent than someone from another field. A Neuro-Biologist may not be more intelligent than a philosopher and so-on. You may be smarter than a chemist in your areas. I don't know why people kowtow to titles.

I can agree with this in theory but you are so defensive I'm lead to believe that this is your best work. You really believe that you have done an amazing job 'wiping the floor with me.'

Well I do dumb it down a lot here and use internet speak/styling and punctuation. Words I would never dare use in any professional setting and what may be deemed offensive humor and so forth so perhaps I do come across as cheap. The problem is that you mistake this for weakness.

What do you write?

One who understands the the role politics plays in the world would never state that it is not "complex." Religion, education, economics, science, commerce, war etc. are all hinge on political decisions.

6. Thierry Fonry

Thierry Fonry New Member

Jan 3, 2015
    Washington, D.C
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Here I was, expecting some civilized banter about one of the world greats... -sigh-

7. EdgarAllanPoet

EdgarAllanPoet Member+

May 1, 2011
    I am on hiatus as a nasty campaign season recently concluded where we had to contend with sweeping losses in key districts across the board at all levels. This is why I was gone from here for 2/3 months starting in October. I will not work on a regular basis in non-election years so no demand to be on the road. Meetings, writing, researching yada yada yada I can perform at this point in the cycle on an incremental level. That's why I can swing my dick around on the internet to expose "pathetic" Messi fans. There will come a time where I have no time to think, I enjoy being able to close myself off from that world and talk about simple shit. My world never sleeps, so I have to remove myself from it. Don't take it personally.

leadleader repped this.
  8. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Really? :confused: Did you read the thread title?

9. EdgarAllanPoet

EdgarAllanPoet Member+

May 1, 2011
    Remember that when you're proud as punch that Messi won a Golden Ball for no reason. Though I heard you just pretend to be Argentine.

10. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Politics may influence other disciplines but it is for sure a much lesser endeavor. It's like saying Maradona's play in WC86 depended on the likes of Enrique, Burruchaga, Tapia, Valdano, etc. giving him the ball and making movements for him, true but still Maradona is much greater than any of them. So politics is like an "Enrique" whereas science/philosophy/arts/humanities/mathematics/business are the "Maradonas" of knowledge.

greatstriker11 repped this.
  11. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, the Golden Ball should have been given to C Ronaldo instead. I love Argentine football, and I don't need to justify it to you either :rolleyes:

greatstriker11 repped this.
  12. EdgarAllanPoet

EdgarAllanPoet Member+

May 1, 2011
    A.) Its nothing like your analogy

B.) Politics is the reason Maradona was a citizen of Argentina and the reason there is an Argentina in existence along with other countries to play against at a World Cup. The reason there are stadiums to play in. The reason Maradona made a paycheck to play football. Politics is a much lesser endeavor? Politics is the apex of humanity. Without politics there is no governance in the world. What are you talking about? Politics is everything in this world, you need to understand that. Politics is the reason scientists are funded and not burned alive for heresy. Politics is how we are able to read Shakespeare and listen to Mozart. It doesn't just influence every discipline, it is the oil of the world engine.

verde-rubro repped this.
  13. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Yet again you've all managed to demonstrate no interest in actually discussing the issues at hand.

Nobody here cares about educational backgrounds, the importance of science or politics.

Another thread bites the dust.

Jaweirdo, frasermc, Once and 1 other person repped this.