Post-match: Crew vs. Montreal, 3/10, Match 2

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by hardhead, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    No. West midfield, but same thing. I think looking at the East, which was dismal at start, but filled in decently by second half, it's easy to extrapolate that the West stands were equally filled, but pics facing that direction show it was not so, sadly.

American Brummie repped this.
  2. Jaybir

Jaybir Member+

Feb 24, 2014
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Oh yeah. Sht. Meant 71. Good heavens. I don’t know whether to blame stress, old age, or inibriation. Most likely a cocktail of all of the above.

3. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did anyone watch or record then watch the local telecast? MLS Live carried the Montreal/CSN feed on the replay. I'm wondering if there were more technical difficulties with the local feed as usually the home team feed is what is put on MLS and the replay service.

Last week there were audio sync issues until the start of the second half. What about this time?

4. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No issues in that department last game.

5. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whatever the count, the K portion was die-hard supporters and people enjoying soccer and had nothing to do with the Crew front office, PSV or MLS. Everything else from the microscopic "programs" to non-existent traffic and police presence (correct me if I am wrong) to more people "patting" down people outside than inside service people is on Crew, MLS and above.

To me it felt like nobody outside the team and the people that support them gave a crap.

On the match side of things, everything changed when Santos and Martinez switched sides. Their attack down our left was neutralized long enough for us to draw a PK and get a set-piece like goal. Montreal neutralized that in the second half. Afful was the primary target and they were able to abuse that side and work into the center and it was a matter of time until they finished a chance. The PK at the end of the game was a gutsy but good call by the ref - who had a pretty good match otherwise if you subtract the stick up his butt about Steffan's time to restart.

6. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, on a couple of those items, let's be real. The current Jackets' program isn't any better (in fact, I'd say it's worse)--though being able to unfold it into a poster is nice for the kids. But there's zero info in it outside of a roster--and even that is bare bones (I used to like seeing where the players were from, for example). It's been like that for a couple of years now. The Crew program is better. But we did laugh at the "full page" chiropractor's ad. Looks like they took a smaller ad and tried to blow it up to fit a full page. [That said, Mrs KG thinks she's going to try their "free" offer--to support the Crew advertisers.]

On security--it was rather minimal and fast for me. I've been through worse at other events (the no bag policy has been in place in a lot of college and NFL stadia for some time now--not that I like it, mind you, but we're not doing anything anyone else isn't doing).

As far as police go, I didn't notice it much, as we walk in from North 4th (our usual plan--the money we save on parking goes to a food truck).

But I agree that it felt like no one in the organization cares anymore--which is no surprise.