CREW v Metros pregame

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by hangthadj, Jul 30, 2002.

1. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    There will be loads of people there, I however will not be because of lack of funds, and prior commitments, maybe I'll stop by after the game.

2. YITBOS

YITBOS Member+

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I lift lower body today immediately after work. So, I should be there, but I will be burnt out and feeling pretty damn weak.

I've been trying to get a couple people from work, but so far 'no go'. People have some weird aversion to going out and drinking on a Wednesday night!

3. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    that's one other thing, I've been out on the drink the past two wednesdays.

4. melloyello

melloyello Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Columbus
    working til 11p. listening to the match on radio. going to the rose afterwards.

5. melloyello

melloyello Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Columbus
    elizibeth- going to the R&T? heard you're hot. ;)
    jean- i'll buy you a pint.

6. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    Elizabeth, sweetheart, what about the leather pants? Would you sport some black leather pants?

7. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    PS you could probably ask much better questions than Veronica does.

Veronica "Coach, you have scored three goals in one half, you must feel really excited.."

Coach "Uh...sure"

Veronica "How important was the midfield on those goals"

Coach "Um...pretty important"

Veronica "Wow thanks coach"

8. Elizabeth

Elizabeth New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Columbus, Ohio
    Aimer the North End Diva must find me terribly modest:) My rants on the boards make everybody think I'm a big fat armchair coach. gotta clear that up.

9. Elizabeth

Elizabeth New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Columbus, Ohio
    I do have the essential chaps. Used to be a must have for concerts when you are a booking agent. Yes...I've had some fun career choices.

And Veronica...I guess it was a good PR move..you guys seem to really like the peep show:) Do you ever listen though? Guess it's a mute point.

10. melloyello

melloyello Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Columbus
    your killing me liz.

11. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Elizabeth, you fit in here much better than the crew.com boards.

12. Elizabeth

Elizabeth New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Columbus, Ohio
    Checking what the Metros think on their boards. Why do they call us Cow People? Can't they think of something better?

Cow People. Hmm. and NJ couldn't produce a live animal so I figure they are jealous. i haven't seen a cow since college at OSU west campus.

BTW...they see a scorefest because we both have sorry defense. Alrighty then. have they seen our mid lately? Hopefuly our due is finally here.

13. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Because, on BigSoccer "Cow People" and "Cowlumbus" pass for leading-edge humor.

14. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Careful what you say here sweetheart. There are a couple Crew fans that originate from northern Jersey around here. We would want to make any general statements intended to offend, now would we? :)

Have you ever been to NJ, perhaps to the southern part, which is where the "Garden State" slogan came from. I know the north is mostly smokestacks in most minds, but it's changing, and yes, most of the used needles from the NYC junkies have been cleaned up off of our beaches.

As for soccer, let's just point to Meola, Harkes and that gang from the Kersey area(or something like that). How many great soccer players have come from around here (not being rude, just asking.)?

15. Elizabeth

Elizabeth New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Columbus, Ohio
    Hahaaa. I've only been to that boardwalk area...not pretty. and have spent too many years traveling on biz in New York...I sort of lump it together as one.

Kersey? I just finished John's book. Great read...he is right on about why socccer in America will suffer. No pick up game like they did there..and I hope they still do. it's stupid organized garbage with too many parents and too many idiot coaches that are ruining the sport here . Sorry...rambling.

Lots and lots of respect for east coast soccer. Ohio is known for the most political crap known to man...nobody big will come out of here unless they move. Except of course Friedel..but goalies are a bit different....and his hometown was like Kersey in pick up mentality. Long gone but not forgotten.

Have that strange accent do you?

16. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I moved from NJ about 13 years ago, so not so much any more. If you get me around other people from Jersey or if I'm really tired, I sometimes slip into the "strange accent", but then again, I never was from Jersey City (home of the most stereotyped NJ accent in Hollywood).

As for poltical crap, my gf is from Ohio and has told me how much crap has happened in the soccer arena around here. Something about laws forbidding parents to make an outcry and such? My company moved me into an apartment complex near New Albany, and I hear its really bad in that area (New A., Easton, etc.), and that all the parents are supposed to do is remain quiet and clap. I don't really know, I'm just saying thats what I've heard. If this is the case, it sounds like one fffffffffffukked up youth soccer area.