Crew to Austin in 2019..(Maybe)

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Placid Casual, Oct 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, if that's what Garber really said, well, he didn't say there's no local investment. Or no site for a stadium. He pointed to no public support for a new stadium (yet). He's negotiating.

Garber's a politician. He always speaks like one; very measured statements, every word calculated to superficially address an important topic, but without providing any real information, or committing himself or the league to a particular path, until one has already been selected.

If the team gets sold to a local investment group, Garber's tune will change overnight. He'll praise Columbus's long tradition of supporting US soccer; he'll talk about McBride being the first player drafted into the league; the legacy of Lamar Hunt and the first SSS in the league.

If PSV gets enough of what they want in Austin to make a move, and the league supports it, Garber's tune will change overnight. It'll be like Columbus never existed; all the focus will be on the endless possibilities of Austin.

ibrew, russ, SourCream&OnionUtd and 5 others repped this.
  2. CrewV Man

CrewV Man Member+

Aug 18, 2011
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The City offers Precourt, what he paid for the team for half the team. And I we all hear more than that.
    The City offers 3 prime Downtown locations (if not more) close to great bars and restaurants and hell even pretty good highway access.

And this is Zero support. It is an extortion racket. Bite me Don.

If it was not for my love for the team, my fellow fans and the memories I have with the Crew, I would write off the MLS forever.

And the thing is, MLS is not like the NFL, NBA , MLB or NHL. An American soccer fan can watch BETTER soccer every day of the week. Teams with history, dedication and accountability to their fans. EPL, Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A, Liga MX, hell I can watch like 12 leagues for a 10th of what I pay for Crew tickets.

The American soccer fan or player does not need the MLS. The MLS needs American soccer fans. Get it through your thick skull Don!

3. Adrian

Adrian Member

Columbus Crew
    England
    May 9, 1999
    Plain City, OH, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Fcuk Garber.

ibrew, CrewV Man, Ch(Elsey) and 2 others repped this.
  4. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting that he said this on the very day the leagues responses are due to the court.

Proskauer. Worth every dime.

5. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Between his comments today and the talks of a contract extension it's almost like this supposed 6 month PR disaster hasn’t left a scratch on Garber.

6. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    It probably hasn't to the other owners. They are still cashing those fat SUM checks and this little incident in Columbus is barely worth their time.

Minnman repped this.
  7. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Exactly

8. soundermiki

soundermiki Member+

May 24, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Plaintiffs still haven't received the pleading from MLS/PSV, though they have technically until 11:59 p.m. to file and serve. Obviously filing and serving after business reveals a bit of pettiness and game-playing, since they've likely long since finished their motion (based on them asking for exactly 10 extra pages).

I've created a chart to more scientifically explain the pettiness levels in filing and serving pleadings. Yes it has been tested and peer reviewed, so don't challenge my methods!

https://socceresq.com/2018/04/19/attorney-pettiness-scale-for-filing-serving-documents/

9. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    @soundermiki you need to update with your extended color purple.

EDIT: Nevermind...you did. I just didn't scroll far enough past the gap.

soundermiki repped this.
  10. Feraligatr19

Feraligatr19 Member

United States
    Dec 6, 2017
  11. Sagz

Sagz Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Cbus
    I think the Garber comments are more of a shot across the bow for Austin. He wants the cities working against each other. Paint by numbers response.

[​IMG]

SLSHOT01 repped this.
  12. C-Bus20

C-Bus20 Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jesus Garber did you have to use “small but passionate fan base?”

It’s like he enjoys taking digs at us. Once this team moves it will be a nice cleanse of MLS from my life. I don’t need it and apparently no one else does either based on tv ratings.

ibrew repped this.
  13. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

14. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Along those lines, someone tell me that the defendants cannot e-file their response to the court up to 11:59:59 tonight and still be in compliance.

Please tell me this is not true.

15. Robbiegoal

Robbiegoal Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am not putting much weight into Garber's comments today because they are perfectly in line with what information has been made public about this whole thing. The only reason any of us know that there is support/offers being made is because of what our inside guy has told us.

/glasshalffull

16. soundermiki

soundermiki Member+

May 24, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wellllllllllllll....:whistling:

987027884798828545 is not a valid tweet id

17. Masefan

Masefan Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jan 4, 2018
    His statement focused on the stadium. By omission he seems to be acknowledging that there is a qualified buying group

18. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    LOL. In my experience, if you give the parties until midnight to file, the task will take until midnight more often than not. Especially when there are high-priced lawyers making last second revisions to drafts they previously approved in final form.

19. jhsuosu

jhsuosu Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Hilliard, Ohio
    Ha, nice chart! Though I'd maybe disagree that it's always a pettiness thing. Sometimes you really don't have it done until after business hours. Or as was the case with one filing we received...because the courier mis-typed our address in her GPS and drove about an hour or so in the wrong direction.

Also, I have no idea how fast Franklin County's e-docket updates. There might be a gap between when the document has been filed and when it starts to show up online.

20. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The unauthorized sur-reply filing the morning of the hearing is pretty high on the pettiness chart. :)

soundermiki repped this.
  21. soundermiki

soundermiki Member+

May 24, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha. Oh man, I don't even know what color to assign that. :ROFLMAO:

22. soundermiki

soundermiki Member+

May 24, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All true (though less fun to write about). Though I have it on good authority that the plaintiffs have not received it yet. That doesn't mean that PSV/MLS hasn't filed it yet as you say. They may wait until well after hours to send it over to the plaintiffs.

23. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Either way, it appears that Rep. Duffey and his prediction of a dismissal, an ass kicking and champagne all around today was a tad off the mark.

24. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    In my experience with electronic-filing, the electronic-service is accomplished substantially simultaneously to all attorneys of record.

25. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    So talking about the Crew’s shitty attendance and a 20 plus year history of less than sufficient support and cooperation from the city is a shot across Austin’s bow?

I’ll have a double of whatever your drinking.