Crew @ Philadelphia 8/5

Discussion in 'Columbus Supporters Clubs' started by osubowler, Jun 17, 2010.

1. CrewBeat

CrewBeat Be Massive My Friends

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We've had a few cancellations so shoot Blake or Kevin an email if you're still interested in going Thursday. There are 3 individual tickets left & 4 spots on the bus available.

2. HSH_b

HSH_b New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    individual tickets have been reserved now, bus spots still open! Tell your friends!

3. jefbal99

jefbal99 New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Lansing, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd love to go, but with not having a direct return bus, its just not possible for me.

4. CrewBeat

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look what we got just in time for the road trip...
    [​IMG]

5. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Down wit da sickness!

6. machque

machque Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Delaware OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OMG! That f'in beautiful!

7. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Banner Policy - PPL Park

From the PPL Park Stadium Guide:

Banners

Banners of any kind are prohibited in any part of the stadium unless authorized in advance by stadium management.

Are we good on this?

8. buzzkiller23

buzzkiller23 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Glenolden, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Banner Policy - PPL Park

You should be ok if you're in the away supporters section in 133. If you want to be safe call a rep from the team and get it approved ahead of time.

9. CrewBeat

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Banner Policy - PPL Park

I know Blake and Kevin had a conference call with "stadium management" yesterday, I haven't heard how it went yet though. I would assume we're fine, but look for an update from one of those guys.

10. CrewBeat

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Philly guys or anyone familiar with the area around the stadium, is there anywhere walkable from Lot C to restock our beer supply when we get to the stadium? :D

11. buzzkiller23

buzzkiller23 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Glenolden, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I'm sure it will be fine if they've been in communication with the team.

I'm not sure if there are any actual beer distributers near the stadium. There are a few shady bars. They sell Bud at Toyota Plaza outside the stadium for a few hours before the match. If it were me I'd pack another cooler if you think you'll run out of beer.

12. bmwdmb1

bmwdmb1 New Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe PA is a state where you can only buy beer from distributors and/or liquor stores (correct me if I'm wrong). Unlike in OH where you can seemingly buy beer anywhere, even cvs and target sell it. So you guys may want to keep that in mind and just pack it from home or make a pitstop near philly.

13. buzzkiller23

buzzkiller23 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Glenolden, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're mostly correct. In PA you can buy beer at "Distributors" but only in cases and kegs. You can buy 6 and 12 packs from bars that have beer stores, but it's usually marked up for convenience. You can only buy liquor and wine at state (PLCB) operated stores. Yes. PA is stuck in the 1950s.

14. CrewBeat

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yeah, forgot this. I remember how annoying it was trying to find beer on the way to State College for OSU football and basketball away games. Guess we'll just be sure to stock up.

15. jefbal99

jefbal99 New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Lansing, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember filling out paperwork because I bought 10 or 12 cases of Yuengling in Pittsburgh back in the day. They couldn't understand why I would buy that much until they found out I couldn't get it in Michigan. It took like 30 mins to get everything done, crazy...

16. buzzkiller23

buzzkiller23 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Glenolden, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    haha yeah. I've had relatives that move to the midwest and stock up on Yuengling when they're back in the area. Can't blame you for that one.

17. Z3N157

Z3N157 Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Boardman Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went to High School in PA and lived in Ohio. You have to watch because it's illegal to transport alcohol across state lines. Also alot of the grocery stores now have a state store like off of the enterence of their stores. Thats how we used to get it for parties.

18. beyondthenormal-s3

Oct 4, 2009
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Jeremy in cowboy boots in that picture? F'in beautiful.

Hey is there anymore bus spots available? Just got paid $450 bucks by Monroe for screwing me over on my car and I'm unemployed for this week at least. So mise well go.

Can I get a spot and where do I pay?

19. jimlogue

jimlogue Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Medford, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not really. I tried to find some one day and all I could find was a shady bar with 40's of malt liquor. Bring extra beer! You will not be able to find it near the stadium

20. CrewBeat

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    email Kmmc and/or Blake ASAP, last I heard we still had a spot or two available.

Not sure if Kristina is riding the bus or not if that affects your decision ;)

21. machque

machque Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Delaware OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe we can get the bus driver to stop at a grocery on the way into Philly to restock?

22. HSH_b

HSH_b New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thats the plan, we make a spot for lunch and a stop to restock before we tailgate.

23. bergbros

bergbros Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Galloway
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wanted to thank Kevin and Blake for their efforts. I appreciate how very hard and exhausting it is to coordinate these trips. It will be a fun time in Philly.

24. sccaflagger74

sccaflagger74 Member

Apr 24, 2005
    Media, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go south on I-95 just a few miles below the stadium, exit at Namaan's Rd, the first exit in Delaware. Turn right at the top of the ramp and right again into the shopping center with Home Depot. Total Wine has a huge selection of everything you need. (totalwine.com). When you come back north on I-95 exit at Highland Ave to get to PPL Park.

25. CrewBeat

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just mapped it, didn't realize how close the stadium is to to Delaware, nice.