Crew Bobble Heads

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Turcs, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Turcs

Turcs Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Wake Forest, NC
    Okay, don't chew my head off, but Club Quake (the Earthquakes supporters club) is trying to put together several sets of MLS bobbles for our year-end charity auction.

We'd love to trade Joe Cannon or Landon Donovan bobbles for Stern John or Brad Friedel. We'll even get 'em signed if you'd like.

Ideally, we're looking for 4 of each. Please email me if you're interested.

Thanks,

mike_turco@clubquake.org

2. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    Well, I don't know anything about Bobbleheads but I wrote to the Quakes to see if I could get my copy of SI with Donovan on it signed and they never replied. How do you guys go about getting stuff signed?

3. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uh, if anybody is interested in unloading either their Stern John or Brad Friedel bobbleheads, I, a true-blue blooded Crew fan would love to have them, and I will donate them to a worthy charity, called "My Mantle".

As for SJ... I'm surprised that Joe Cannon has a bobble. Wouldn't you guys rather have Agoos and it could be of him scoring an own goal?

4. Turcs

Turcs Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Wake Forest, NC
    We get stuff signed by going directly to the players, not by going through the front office. Unfortunately (or fortunately for MLS), people have come out of the woodwork to get Landon to sign stuff.

If you'd like to send us Friedel and/or John bobbles in exchange for a signature on SI, we can arrange that...

We had an Agoos bobble last year, before the own-goal incident. It has more to do with all the championship teams he's captained than the world cup performance.

Cannon was our club choice: local product, fan-favorite, great goalkeeper, etc.

The offer to trade stands...

5. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His own goal in Korea certainly isn't the first of the guys career. I believe he also messed up big time once against Jamaica when playing at RFK before France 98 (correct me if I'm wrong). Anyway, just givin ya sh!t... no big deal.

6. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, considering that a Friedel just went for over $100 on ebay, I'm doubting seriously whether you're gonna get many takers.

Could be wrong.

7. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    I will do my best to get a Bobblehead but since I live a few hours away it's gonna be tough. But I need to get my magazines signed.

8. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    anyone got an extra bobble head that has long hair and is a bit buxom as they say?

9. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

10. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    Oh man...that's so uncool. Quit taunting me.