Countries Who Have Not Played Women's Internationals

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by mcruic, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Andreas Kolle

Andreas Kolle New Member

Nov 14, 2008
    Club:
    Røa IL Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Tajikistan, Oman and Yemen are actually on the list for the Olympic Qualification draw for London in 2012. I'll have to see ithem play to believe it, though.

2. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    No, they are not , if you read the article it is about men`s qualification, but AFC has put the article by mistake under Women`s Olympic Qualifiers.

Tajikistan seem to have a Women`s NT coach ?

http://www.fifa.com/associations/association=tjk/index.html

and Turkmenistan :

http://www.fifa.com/associations/association=tkm/index.html

3. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Turkmenistan and Tajikistan have played women's matches in the past, apparently, but I can't find any results or further details. Turkmenistan has played women's futsal internationals in the past.

4. Andreas Kolle

Andreas Kolle New Member

Nov 14, 2008
    Club:
    Røa IL Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    My bad. Sorry.

Also, I see that the Tajik coach just finished his regional coaching course together with, among others, a Bhutanese and Turkmen counterpart. This means that Brunei might find itself lonely as a rhinoceros soon.

5. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    San Marino is a national team that plays in the Italian league. All their players are from San Marino and they are organised by the San Marino Football Federation (not the Italian). If San Marino were to play an international match, it would be the same team (the best players in San Marino).

6. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    21. ^ Burkina Faso har ikke spilt en kamp siden 2007, de har aldri deltatt i kvalifiseringen til Asiamesterskapet, og de har ikke en kvinnelandslagstrener ifølge [1]

- Burkina Faso is in Africa, not Asia.

22. ^ Djibouti spilte sin siste registrerte kamp da de tapte 0-8 for Tanzania. De trakk laget sitt før returoppgjøret.

- Djibouti has only played one match according to FIFA - a 7-0 loss to Kenya. They have never played Tanzania.

7. Andreas Kolle

Andreas Kolle New Member

Nov 14, 2008
    Club:
    Røa IL Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Thank you. I presume, as you saw me putting Burkina Faso under CAF, that you knew that it was a simple mistake. The Kenya-Tanzania thing, though, I cannot explain. Also, impressed that you read Norwegian (or use google translate well).

As for San Marino, it's a matter of position, I guess. Technically you are right, they have a national team. But this is a bit like Afghanistan. Afghanistan have a WNT, they just don't use it much. So I suppose it is a question of whether the definition is if they have a national team or if they have a national team that has actually played international matches. As Norway has been represented by BUL and Bøler and Germany by Bergisch Gladbach, it means that a club team theoretically can be a national team.

Besides, San Marino function as a club team as long as they are part of a league. The fact that they only accept players from a certain politically defined area (read: country) does not set them apart from Athletic Bilbao. I would rather consider San Marino and Andorra as potential national teams. But if San Marino is to be a WNT proper, they should pull out of Serie C.

(BTW: I should add that in that list, I did write that San Marino had a WNT of sorts. A nice compromise)

8. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Yes, I realised that Burkina Faso was just a simple mistake. I was sure your geography was not so bad!

About San Marino - their case is slightly different from Athletic Bilbao - as far as I know - they are the only women's football team in San Marino, and no San Marino players play for any other club. Baiscally, all the best San Marino players play for this one team. They are officially known as "Federazione Sammarinese Calcio Femminile".

Here they are in what appears to be San Marino 'national' kit:

[​IMG]

Andorra is a proper national team, they just have not played any other national teams at the moment because they are just starting (similar to what Luxembourg done, playing against French club teams to start with). They are known as ENFAF (equip nacional femení Andorrana de futbol).

9. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    San Marino and Andorra should have played a friendly :)

10. Andreas Kolle

Andreas Kolle New Member

Nov 14, 2008
    Club:
    Røa IL Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Trust me, my geography is considerably better than my fact-checking. As far as San Marino is concerned, I still don't quite buy it. To me a national team that doesn't play national teams isn't really one, even if the potential is there. It's like the difference between raw meat and entrecõte.

jonny63, I agree. That would make everyone happy.

11. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I have to say that a national team is a national team, no matter who they play against. It is a selection of the best players of a country/territory. The opposition is irrelevant. If Germany decide to play tomorrow against the staff of a Volkswagen factory, it would still be the Germany national team. This fact does not change.

There are many cases in history where national teams play against club teams. Of course, it is up to you if you do not think these deserve to be called national teams. But bear in mind, in men's football, there are certain territories that have national teams but have never played against another national team (Saint Helena, Tristan da Cunha, Rodrigues). They are too remote, and so have only played against the crews of passing ships. It doesn't change the fact that they are national teams - they would use the same players if they had a chance to play another national team.

I'm not sure about your raw meat example :)

12. Andreas Kolle

Andreas Kolle New Member

Nov 14, 2008
    Club:
    Røa IL Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    1. Your argument for St. Helena and so on is flawed, as we have skipped VIVA-nations and other non-FIFA NTs in our list. If we did not, we should have added Gibraltar and those you mention in women's football.

2. I have a feeling only we two care about this. We might consider doing this in PMs or leaving it. Please comment on my argument 1, but if it remains a tennis match between us, I suggest we take it elsewhere.

The point is: Andorra and San Marino have national teams, but they have no FIFA-approved matches. Otherwise the list seems reasonably OK.

13. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Then we are agreed, and we don't need to discuss this further. My only argument was that you said that "a national team that doesn't play national teams isn't really one". You appear to have changed your opinion about this now.

14. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    So - only 28 FIFA members still to play an official international - I found some interesting figures from FIFA about the number of registered female players in each of these countries, (though the figures are quite old, from 2006, I think they are quite interesting)

CONMEBOL (0)

UEFA (5)
    Albania - ?
    Andorra - 65
    Liechtenstein - 165
    Montenegro - 80
    San Marino - 65

CAF (10)
    Burundi - 455
    Cape Verde - ?
    Chad - 1,010
    Gambia - 810
    Libya - ?
    Madagascar - 1,065
    Mauritania - 100
    Mauritius - 400
    Rwanda - 450
    Seychelles - ?
    Somalia - 220
    Sudan - ?

AFC (12)
    Afghanistan - 340
    Bhutan - 550
    Brunei - 0
    Cambodia - 0
    Macau - 50
    Mongolia - 20
    Oman - 0
    Saudi Arabia - ?
    Tajikistan - 100
    Timor-Leste - 400 (in 2005)
    Turkmenistan - 280
    Yemen - 30

CONCACAF (1)
    Montserrat - ?

OFC (0)

15. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    http://gulfdailynewsonline.com/NewsDetails.aspx?storyid=290747

The women's sports committees of the GCC states are pushing to get women's football on the programme for the 1st GCC Games in Bahrain in April 2011. We could see UAE, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait compete, and maybe a debut from Oman. Saudi Arabia apparently does not have a women's committee.

16. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    http://www.afghan-web.com/sports/afghansportsnews.html

October 31, 2010: Afghan women's football team defeats team from ISAF

A friendly football (soccer) match was held last Friday in Kabul between Afghanistan's national women's football team and the women's football team of the ISAF (International Security Assistance Force).

The Afghan team defeated the ISAF team by a score of 1-0, thanks to a goal scored by Roya Noori. The game was held in the Army Sports Club.

The purpose of the game was to help the national women's team players prepare for upcoming matches against women's team from other Asian countries.

I wonder if this refers to the South Asian Championship in Bnagladesh in December? Could be the first international matches of Afghanistan.

17. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Rwanda women's national team has played on a tour of Germany in April 2008 - I know nothing about German women's club football, so I don't know what these games tell us about the quality or potential of Rwanda. It seems the clubs played with their junior or B squads.

Results:
    TuS Issel 5-2 Rwanda
    Hunsrück/Mosel Selection 1-2 Rwanda
    Bad Neuenahr SC-07 Juniors 0-2 Rwanda
    1.FFC Montabaur 5-1 Rwanda

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    2 pictures of the Rwanda national team in Germany

Burundi women's national team also played a match against a Swedish team (Haninge, I think) in March 2007. I found an article in French about that game in the past, but can't locate it now.

Also:
    www.globalgiving.org/pfil/1618/projdoc.doc

Events and Outcomes

2001-02
    1. Association of women soccer in Provinces already established
    2. Created district teams and registered Provincial teams with FERWAFA
    3. Created a National women soccer team and 4 International friendly matches with Burundi, Uganda were played
    4. Support from FIFA granted

18. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Issel and Montabaur are Regionalliga (3rd level) clubs and Montabaur apparently played with their senior team. Issel fielded a mixture of their U-17 girls and the B squad..
    Bad Neuenahr Juniors should be the U-17 team. No clue how old the Hunsrück/Mosel Selection was. But they're called "Mädchenauswahl" in the report so it's probably a U-17 team as well.

19. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
  20. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Confirmation by e-mail from Bangladesh Football Federation - All 8 SAFF members will compete. The date for the draw is still to be announced.

21. toad455

toad455 Member+

Nov 28, 2005
    when is the tournament scheduled to take place??

22. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    3rd-13th December in Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh.

23. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Tajikistan now has a women's national team. They competed in the "Hope Cup" in Kyrgyzstan against Kyrgyz and Kazakh club teams the last 2 years.

In October 2009, they beat a Kazakh club (don't know which one) 2-0 and lost 3-0 to Azalea of Kyrgyzstan. Azalea beat the Kazakh club 5-0 in the 3-team tournament.

Turkmenistan also has a women's national team now.

24. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    On 18.07.2009 in Taipa - Macau 0-3 Shatin (Hong Kong). Maybe we will see Macau take part in international matches soon...