Coundtown To Euro 2008 - General Discussion [R]

Discussion in 'Poland' started by karny9, Nov 21, 2007.

1. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    That is definately true, the Klagenfurt stadium that Poland will be playing Germany and Croatia in is listed on the UEFA website as having a capacity of "up to 30,000"

2. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    We have a poor record against Sweden that's why I included them. I hope you're right about the Czechs as we have them in WC Qualifying!

3. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    IMO the Czechs aren't as strong as some years ago. Ok, we lost 0:3 to them in Munich in an unimportant match for us (already qualified, lots of injured players and nearby we obviously wanted to lose in order to avoid pot A) ... but we clearly outplayed them in Prague before!

4. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    How would you compare, Borussia, (briefly, 'cause its still too early), this Germany team to the WC one?

5. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'd say we are a little bit stronger when we are at full strength (with Ballack, Frings, Borowski, Schweinsteiger, Schneider, Lahm and Jansen back from injury).

However, I have to admit that your team is a lot stronger as well now!

6. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    I didn't realize that so many of the German WC team members were out injured. But of course it will change in six months.

As for Poland, I think the team is actually a bit weaker than the 2006 WC team (especially due to lack of true strikers that get to play for their clubs), but they do seem to have acquired a new mentality under Beenhakker, which may be a huge plus especially against a team such as Germany.

7. Polski

Polski New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good draw now I just need to find our Euro kits so I can get one. Really looking forward to playing Germany, can't wait.

8. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    have they even unveiled the new Euro kits yet for Poland?

9. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least we are not in the group of Death:)

10. Polski

Polski New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not that I know of :(

11. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
  12. Polski_Rob

Polski_Rob New Member

Oct 12, 2007
    ^^ looks pretty plain, but still looks good. i like that collar too.

13. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    Smoga, do you have an account at polishsoccer?

14. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Yes, but I keep my identities there secret ;) Honestly, it's a great forum, with lots of highly knowledgeable people. Different from this one, though, since here we can share things with people with completely different backgrounds, and there its all Polish people with an occasional fun troll during big competition.

15. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    hahahha ya thats for certain...I like it there too, I can certainly let go a bit as here there are certain restrictions that don't allow me to do so. Speaking of which I can't seem to find the mod application forum where they told me to look for it though I have PM'ed them back waiting for a reply.

But I agree, there is plenty of good insight there, although there are also a lot of people who have no idea what they are talking about.

16. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    definitely loving the color, hopefully the cut of the kit is different from the current kit. i don't enjoy the way the World Cup kit was tailored, this looks a bit more promising

17. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea, the German squad hasn't been fully fit in ages. there's been times where Lahm has anchored the midfield and been captain as well, thats how much injury there has been at times throughout their qualifying.

i especially agree with what you said in the last part with the worry of lack of starting strikers for Poland. i am a bit worried as well, but like you said Beenhakker has been making it happen so far. so i guess its one of those... in Beenhakker we trust :rolleyes:

18. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Tough group as they always are in EURO competitions, with another host, though I think we will advance this time.

19. DinamoTFC

DinamoTFC Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Toronto
    and what did Bilic say that was so Wrong? all he said to the british media (after they said no croatian player could make their squad...and that it was all mclarens fault) was that they didnt lose because of tactics, or cause of the coach, or injuries but they lost cause Croatia was a better team this qualifying campain beating them 2-0 at home and 3-2 in england.

so he was basically telling the truth. and im sure u wouldnt be please if portugal said none of your players would make their team seeing as you guys beat them and came out first in the group...cause what it looks like is poland is a better team than portugal now, and croatia is better than england now. if they lose in a rematch than so be it, all Bilic stated was we are the better team now.

20. DinamoTFC

DinamoTFC Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Toronto
    also, we'll have an exciting group, i see us and you guys making it through...its all about the underdogs this tourney :D

21. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    I was referring to his reaction at the Euro Draw.

I loved his reaction when Croatia scored the third against England though haha..

22. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    We are getting out of this group, if you guys tag along, even better.

23. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i agree with you big time. some people just need to get off their high horses :cool:

24. ajsU3C

ajsU3C New Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Warszawa, Poland
    I'd love to see us and Croatia go through.

I watched England-Croatia live and I was even more ecstatic than watching Poland-Belgium. Especially after the 3rd goal.

But if I had to bet money - I'd bet on Germans...

25. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Later this month the NT made up of OE players will play a friendly v. Bosnia-Herzegovina.
    Also as part of EURO 2008 preparation, during the winter NT camp in Cyprus, in February, we will play 2 friendlies, one v. Finland on the 2nd, and another four days later v. Czech Rep.