News: Cosmin to be fired by Saudi FA

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by Sayf, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well they've done it. After a concerted overnight media campaign by Al-Nasr's VP and some of his other friends, and of course Mansour Al-Bluwi's newspaper, the FA is going to order Al-Hilal to fire Cosmin for allegedly "insulting the Crown Prince." Here's the video that's raised these guys' patriotic fervor all of a sudden:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81cbuNZumw8"]Cosmin[/ame]

2. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The decision is official now. Al-Hilal's administration is expected to resign in protest.

3. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    World class...

I neverd liked hilal but fck everyone who did this to cosmin

seriously when is saudi arabia as a nation learn from this kind of stupid decisions? This is why people see saudi as a shit country.

IF you acutally review the video you would not its not meant to insult the crown prince, he was acutally going to the stage but appereantly some incompetant retard did not allow him at first

4. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    what was Cosmin's track record with the club? how successful was he? where is he from etc?

and did he actually insult the Crown Prince? or is Apalisoc right? Did he just swear in the general direction of where the Crown Prince was standing or was it actually at him?

as for Saudi Arabia being seen as a backward country because these kind of decisions, yes and no. Similar kind of things occur in other nations including the so called developed countries.

Sacking of Glen Hoddel as England manager is a prime example. He got sacked over his religious beliefs which although was rather quasi-hodge potch crap, he did claim he was misquoted. Instead there was a witch hunt in the media and even goverment ministers and the prime minister publically criticised Hoddel, and in fact i think Tony Banks the sports minister even said he agrees Hoddel tenure as England manager was no longer tenable.

Modern day witch hunt.

Another manager who the media fcked over is Graham Taylor, who really didnt deserved to be treated so badly in that way (as for the sacking, that was legit since he did fail get England to WC94 USA). These are football related examples but there are many other non-football related examples. In the end, perception has a lot to do with it. The UK for all its faults is basically a secular democratic country, whereas Saudi Arabia is almost the exact opposite, and within that context things get translated differently. When things go wrong in the UK, its just a mistake. When things go wrong in Saudi Arabia, its a typical symptom of a backward country. There is some truth to this, but nothing is black and white, and people should remember that.

As for the question of had this happened in the UK, well if someone shouted/insulted at Prince Philip he probably wont be sacked seeing as Prince Philip doesnt have a great track record of being non-insulting and non-racist himself. However had it been against Princess Di, or a joke about her death, he'd be sacked within the week. ;)

although Diana Mania has calmed down a bit now, i mean it has been over a decade since her death, but if anyone joked about her car crash even 5 years ago in public they'd get it in the neck, she was virtually sainted by the whole nation even though Prince Harry is probably a bastard child, which makes her what?

5. Sharkie

Sharkie Member

Feb 7, 2006
    UK and Arabia
    What the F*ck, seriously f*ck the crown prince up his faggaty ass if he's going to deprive the man off his lively hood what a weak f*ucking coward, sorry for my language guys but this is a F*cking disgrace.

6. Aziz_10

Aziz_10 New Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
    ******** the Saudi FA, and ******** the Anti-Hilal lobby, what is it? Al-Hilal beating your favorite team over and over again and even with 10 mean was too much for your already stained pride to take?

This is why Saudi Arabia's National Football team is a joke, and we only lose by large margins because it's being controlled by Princelings who have NO idea how Football should be run.

I am ashamed as I have always been of my Nationality and I'd trade my passport with an Uzbek one at least I know if we failed it was money and not management or talent.

7. Aziz_10

Aziz_10 New Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
    He Won the crown-prince cup and League title in his first year, and in his second year (2009) he won the crown-prince cup.

He managed to let al-Hilal win the last cup without letting in any goals!
    he made the team play with intense team-work and solid defending.

he usually plays 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1.

His only problem was criticizing the Saudi FA's ridiculous scheduling and strange decisions and was never shy to sound his opinion which made him hated by them and especially Nwaaf bin Faisal who is a devoted Al-Nassir fan and that's the team that they call "rival" to Al-Hilal which is not true but they keep saying it so they don't feel they are supporting a small team that only lives on its past.

So again, ******** the Saudi FA. :D

8. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    arright arright, calm down calm down
    [​IMG]

Nothing new here. Saudis love to act self righteous and pretend to be shocked and alarmed. And the sports media is one of the worst, including I may add the blue press. We had the Keita situation last year, where people pretended they've never seen someone give the bird, you had Ahli a few years back having to sack their coach, Luca (?), because he mockingly waved a riyal note at the ref. The list goes on.

9. Hilaly

Hilaly New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Very Successful.. he was one of the all time best coaches in the kingdom.

I don't think it's an insult.. if you saw the Saudi flag you will find a holy islamic text. and when the national team playes. people throw this "holy text" and no body give a shit about it.
    what Apalisoc said is right. and the crown prince wasn't in the Stadium that day. Cosmin (the coach) throwed the T-shirt to the ground as you can see in the video.

Of course yes (at least that what i think).

I'm gonna finish it here.. so i don't get sacked too :D.

10. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    First of all this has nothing to do with Nasr or Ittihad, or Balawi. :rolleyes: Cosmin was rude to the security men because he believed that the players outside the Hilal lineup should participate in the ceremony, but the security had orders to not let them in, even though both clubs agreed on the way the ceremony should go before the final. Cosmin got mad, and decided to leave in protest, threw his ceremony t-shirt and left and refused to go on with the ceremony. The Prince Sultan considered this an insult to first Satam bin whoever the guy who gives the cup to the winning team since he refused to meet him. And second he threw a tshirt with the Crown Prince picture on it. So they decided to ban him from coaching in Saudi Arabia because of his actions. Now I don't see what this has to do with Nasr, this is simply a royalty issue, and as Saudis we all know what happens when you show the least respect towards these princes. Now since these princes are unorganized and corrupted, of course Hilal's princes who one of them is the son of the king :rolleyes: , was able to reverse the order since he is the son of the king. But Cosmin was jailed for a night and he believes this as a disgrace to himself since football should not be mixed with politics, or royalty issues, and has announced he will be leaving Hilal whether he is banned or not. In the end this is all because of royal princes fxcked up elite system in Saudi Arabia. Nothing to do with media or other clubs.

11. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
  12. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It has everything to do with it. It was blown out of proportion by Faisal ibn Turki who was calling the TV stations at 2 AM to protest the "insult to sayyidy wa mawlay" and you say it has nothing to do with Nasr? What about the two journalists from Al-Riyadhi who talked about Cosmin all night like he spit on the Quran or something? Gimme a break.

They were campaigning incessantly to have Cosmin appointed to the NT, and when it failed they contrived this non-issue about insulting the Crown Prince. If they wanted to discipline him for his incident with the security guard (who started things by raising his hands against the coach anyway), then fine, but what your innocent Yellow Media did was frame it as if it were about the honor of the Crown Prince and barely even mentioned the incident with the security guard ;) and they suggested the idea of deporting him from the country in their newspaper, on TV, and in their montadayat.

La baree2een al bluwi and Faisal ibn Turki ... lol imagine one of Hilal's administrators calling all the TV stations to interfere with another club in a match they weren't even involved in. You fagrawis are pathetic.

13. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Prince Sultan is in the U.S. battling cancer ma dara 3ankom ... he doesn't care of someone took off a shirt that his picture on it and put it on some table. Don't be silly. And Cosmin isn't the first or last person to refuse to go up to the stage -- the Nasrawi Al-Rashid refused to meet Sultan ibn Fahad and Nawwaf ibn Faisal at the last Gulf Cup final against Ahli. Your boys 3ajab and Camacho refused to meet Sattam after the final.

14. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    Serioulsy how many good coaches are to leave because of these silly monarchs? SAUDi is so unlucky to have a bunch of corrupt assholes who do nothing but talk shit. These princes,insted of using the oil money for there people go to vacations fornicate drink booze drive ferrari...and all the vice you can think of..belive me this is true.Worst of all rule the lives of innocent people who are being deprived of what they deseerve...

I wish one day this monarch just get exiled already.

15. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He didn't insult the Prince or even intend to insult him. Watch the video. He was wearing a shirt with the Prince's picture on it. After a confrontation with the security guard he walked away, took off the shirt, patted his face with it (it was at the end of a 120 game in Riyadh), and kept walking towards a platform where he gently placed the shirt. He clearly had no idea that some cynical Nasrawis would turn this innocuous incident into a matter of national security. Maybe they wanted him to put in a hanger or take it to the dry cleaner's or something.

16. adelo

adelo Member

May 9, 2007
    Mother of Pigeons
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Regardless of whether Cosmin or the Saudi FA were right or wrong, I put the blame on Hilal management, Sami Al-Jaber in particular.

I have noticed Cosmin become arrogant and was acting like a loose cannon this season. And that behavior kept increasing until it erupted two nights ago. Hilal management should have dealt with that and warned him, which they clearly didn't. It seems that he means well and cares a lot about the team, but he should leave these non-coaching matters to Sami and co.

Btw, Cosmin did not spend a minute in jail. يعني من جد فيه اوروبي يدخل السجن عندنا؟ الا اذا كان ذابح احد. If he did go, it will be all over the world media and a huge embarassement to the ountry and the FA.

17. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah he didn't spend the night in jail; that's just gossip.

Adelo, I'm not denying that Cosmin made a mistake by losing his temper like that, but notice that the decision barely even mentioned the incident with the security guard -- it was all about the bogus charge of "insulting" the Prince (as if Cosmin would deliberately try to insult the Crown Prince!).

Is it true that the King reversed the decision and that Cosmin is the one who's insisting on leaving now? That was the impression I got from alhilal.com, but on ahlilalclub.com it's the opposite.

18. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    would it be realistic to say that cosmin and the FA might just forget all about this and carry on with their jobs? ACL is just around the corner and a change of coach might affect Hilal.

19. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    LOL you think the FA give a s*** about how Hilal does in the ACL? They prevented 8 of Hilal's international players from playing in the Asian final in 1988 ... they're not going to go back on this decision for the sake of Hilal's chances in the ACL.

It's over, buddy. Al-Hilal's management needs to look at the next games and forget about Cosmin.

20. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    This FA is shit!!

21. Aziz_10

Aziz_10 New Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
    It's only because Cosmin's team started to be invincible they were so scared that they would lose the League again like every year.

By that I mean the trinity of evil (Itiihad-Shabab-Nassir)

why is that?

Well, Al-Balawi has always been a big investor in this trash of a team "Nassir" and always gave them expired players like Abdullah Al-Wakid and such, Al-Balawi is a very good friend of Al-Baltan and they have always done their best to break Al-Hilal's will by having their sub-human teams like Al-hazim and Al-Watani to play their best defensive football against al Hilal.

Al-Watani is from Tabouk and this is fatty Mansour's hometown and he invests in that team too and often do they appear in interviews thanking the "Sheikh" Mansour for his "support".

Al Hazim's board of directors are all Al-Baltan's In-laws because he's married into Al-Aayed family, and often do they let al shabab progress in semi-finals even though they have a very strong defence that we only see against al-hilal.

So, it seems the Yellow-Lobby finally prevailed on getting their biggest "crusher of their dreams" fired for a very trivial reason.

These are the facts that are hidden or ignored because everyone believes the "weak" whiners and hate the Champion because they are just too good.

قال ايش قال الاعلام الازرق ياعمي طير

22. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Really, Hilalis blaming Yellow media is almost as silly as Nasrawis blaming the Blue media.

:eek:???

23. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ya 7abibi agoollik Faisal ibn Turki started it by calling all the TV stations in the middle of the night, and the two Riyadhi journalists started calling for Cosmin to be kicked out right after the match ... and the decision came down in a matter of HOURS after that ... and you're saying it's silly to blame the media. Hathi ta9fiyat 7sabat. Last year they were accusing him of money-laundering, then they called Hilal's president unpatriotic for not giving him to the monta5ab, then Talal Al-Rashid accused him of bribing the ref, and finally k7aylan started calling TV stations in the middle of the night.

Listen, I'm not objecting to punishing Cosmin. But the civilized way would have been to hold an investigation and a hearing, and give Cosmin an opportunity to defend himself. If they had taken a few days to decide, that would have been enough to make them not look so bad. Instead they just followed the whooping of the Yellow Media. There are a million ways to punish him that are more appropriate than immediately kicking him out of the country (assuming the stories about the Eamara going to his house are untrue). Lots of people including Mansour Al-Bluwi himself and the entire Nasrawi team a few years ago have refused to go up to the stage, yet they're making it sound like Cosmin murdered somebody for not going up there.

Because of this exaggerated and uncivilized response from our clueless FA, it's become a huge embarrassment in Romania where all Hilal's games were being covered extensively. After all the bad stereotypes that were being dissipated by this, showing that we're a normal people who like sports and soccer like everyone else, Sultan comes out with this decision and blows it all away. Now the Romanian media is up in arms over this -- maybe they're exaggerating things themselves, but our FA should be more sensitive and tactful in how it treats foreign citizens, because as Arabs, and especially Saudis, we're held to extra strict standards in the West.

Even Hilal's European players are going to be chilled by this arbitrary decision, and it's going to make it hard for any club to attract world class players and coaches from Europe. Mirel Radoii is leaving soon (he might even buy out his contract), and even Ettifaq's coach has suddenly fled the country to Bahrain because he can't believe something as innocuous as wiping off your sweat and putting your shirt on a platform can turn you into public enemy number 1!!

24. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Yakhi Just because some Nasrawi officials and a couple of guys in the newspaper started complaining doesn't mean that a vast conspiracy machine is dead set against Hilal. Every club official and hired pen baws everytime something happens to his team.

It does not mean a vast conspiracy is dead set against any club. It's just an incompetent FA at work here.

25. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It's not a conspiracy, it's just that there are a lot of Nasrawi lobbyists with influence in the FA, and the top one is Nawaf ibn Faisal. Or did you not know that he's عضو شرف in Al-Nasr? Anyway, like I said, it's the way that Sultan and Nawaf handled it that bugs me more than the actual loss of Cosmin. They're so out of touch with reality; they think we're in the 1980's when nobody was paying attention to what they were doing. If they want to attract top players and coaches, they need to at least portray an image of civility and composure. They need to show that there's a formal process for these things instead of just meting out harsh punishments a few hours after the incident.