Copa Sudamericana 2008 (R)

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by HeartandSoul, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes, it's the same Desabato who had that incident with Graffite in that Libertadores' match between Quilmes and São Paulo.

2. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't know what was the end of that story? Is he still responding for that? He could get arrested if he arrives in Brasil with pending warrants or something of that sort.

3. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am not sure. If i recall correctly he had to pay a fine, so they would let him go.

4. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He paid bail to get out, but I'm sure that there was a judgment afterwards, if he didn't showed up. They will lock him up as soon as he arrives in Brasil. I don't think it would be wise for him to play the second game.

5. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Right, i don't remember if there was a judgement or not. I guess we'll have to wait until the second leg to know if he can't play in Brazil.

6. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    A friend of mine told me that he played a match against Botafogo recently so we should be ok.

7. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    But I do know that they will antagonize him, specially Inter's fans being a club known as "clube do povo", peoples club and has a strong black fan base.

8. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    [youtube]7mhgwbcRn6c[/youtube]

9. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Estudantes da Prata SUCKS!

The last time I saw a 10-man team handle an 11-man opponent this well was when Brazil defeated England in 2002. And although Internacional didn't dominate Estudantes the way Brazil taught the English a lesson in that World Cup, Internacional was clearly superior. I almost forgot that the Brazilians had 1 fewer player.

Veron was rumored to be headed to SPFC. If this is the best Veron can offer, he can stay in Argentina - thanks but no thanks.

Only a Rio da Prata-esque meltdown next week will take away this title from Inter, because Estudantes da Prata looked totally lost on that pitch. I don't see why they'd do better on Brazilian soil.

10. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I wonder where all the rumours about Verón going anywhere come from? He has rejected offers from the MLS twice, plus last month he says that if he can't renew his contract with Estudiantes he'll retire.

Yes Inter was clearly superior, they knew how to break Estudiantes offense pretty well, and maybe could've had scored another goal. It looked like Estudiantes didn't have any specific plan for Inter, in the other hand Inter looked like they were more aware of they were facing, and they were superior.

Finally someone broke the undefeated streak that Estudiantes had at that stadium.

11. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Andres, why did D'Alessandro leave Sao Lourenco? He's a great player. Where was he before SL? I know he was in Europe and that in the early 2000s he was in Rio da Prata - he was in that Rio da Prata from 2003 which got humiliated out of the Libertadores at the hands of America de Cali (the Colombians scored 3 goals in 15 minutes in the second half).

12. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He left because Inter made a good offer to Zaragoza, he was on loan at San Lorenzo.

He left River for Wolfsburg, at some point he was loaned to Porstmouth to help them to avoid relegation, which they did. And then he was transferred to Zaragoza.

13. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    VAMO VAMO INTER!!!!!!!!

COLORADO COLORADO NADA VAI NOS SEPARAR!!!!

1 step away from ANOTHER INTERNATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

At the Beira Rio it will be 3 x 0 for Inter!!!!!!!

2006 LIBERTADORES CHAMPS
    2006 WORLD CHAMPS
    2007 RECOPA CHAMPS
    2008 _____________

14. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Inter played Rosario Central couple of years back. No Brasilian side ever won there before Inter. They said it couldn't be done. Inter won. Inter defeated Boca this year, their first loss since 2003 on a International competition playing at home. Somehow I knew that if someone was going to break Estudiantes 43 streak it was going to be Inter.

15. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    [youtube]m4E5Mwcv6AI[/youtube]