Copa Mexico de Naciones 2014 (Sub-16) - Ecuador Campeon!!

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by damnecuadorian, Aug 8, 2014.

1. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Our boys made it to the final!

[​IMG]

2. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Heck yeah! Best news I've heard in a while. No matter what happens in the final these kids already know the taste of being winners. They know already what it takes to win. They know they can do it and have a winning mentality. It's pretty huge IMO. Congrats to these kids. I hope the kids educate themselves and hope the people in charge develop these kids up correctly. Let's get that trophy guys!!!

3. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Should have sent these kids to the WC instead of the shit we sent.

Luigi408 and damnecuadorian repped this.
  4. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I watched the game with my dad yesterday afternoon. That team is pretty impressive. I think we also played our worst game of the tournament and still pulled off a huge tie/then win. As was mentioned previously, these kids do have a winning mentality, and they need to keep it- and stay hungry for success. At this age until about 20, it's a crapshoot with kids. Some who were prospects suddenly fall off the map, others blow up and become stars. We need to keep nurturing these kids and developing them off the field, too. Ridiculous hairstyles, antisocial mannerisms, and speech all need to be polished, because that's what separates the best from the rest.

5. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Created a new thread. I know it's a bunch of kids but I think it's a great moment. As far as I'm aware, it's the first international tournament including teams from Europe and Asia that we have won in any category. There was the Panamerican games a few years ago where Jeff Montero made his introduction, but that was only the Americas.

If anything, hopefully a few of these guys get snatched up and offered professional contracts so they can develop. The problem I've always seen with Ecuadorian football is that our players don't even get recognized until they are in their 20's. To really get to the next level, we need to start having guys coming in at 17-18 years old and starting to play in the first team. Some of the kids on this team have some serious talent, hopefully there's money to keep building them up.

6. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah. What they did is pretty huge for Ecuador. No one has done it yet at any age group. Very proud and happy about these kids.

We should keep this thread to talk about youngsters coming up till U16. My guess there should be more news coming out soon of kids 16 and younger because the teams seem to be investing in the youth more than buying now that it's gotten so expensive to buy talent.

Anyone know if these kids are getting educated? I mean it's fantastic that they play futbol but do teams also invest in their studies? I hope they do. I hope and wish that these teams invest heavily on educating these kids. Teaching them another language like English. This will make them even more successful in the long run. Easier for the kids to integrate if they go to Europe and such. Easier for the teams to sell them too.

7. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    This is awesome! These kids have a great future ahead of them. #1José Cevallos Jr. won goal keeper of the tournament. Jose Sr. taught Jr. well. #Ecuador: 1 José Gabirel Cevallos; 3 José Steven Quintero, 4 Francisco César Obando, 6 Jhoner Joel Montezuma, 13 Byron David Castillo; 8 Andy Joel Casquete, 10 Fabiano Estefano Tello, 14 Rrenny Salen Jaramillo, 16 Joao Daniel Montaño; 11 Jhon Sergio Pereira, 15 Jhoel Darwin Montaño. DT: Javier Rodríguez
    [​IMG]