Copa Libertadores 2016 [R]

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by locoxriver, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    wow Nacional, wow.

4-0 now in Uruguay. Sebastian Perez and Ibarbo have been absolute class, Ibarbo's too good to be playing in South America.

2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #102 locoxriver, Mar 15, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
    Hay que darle meritos a Atletico Nacional, pero tambien es verdad que el grupo que les toco da pena.... Huracan y Sporting Cristal tienen lo suyo, pero estan lejos de ser equipazos (y encima huracan fue afectado en lo mental y futbolistico despues del accidente en venezuela)... y de Penarol ni hablar: todos sabemos lo que ganaron en la epoca que Jesus Cristo andaba caminando sobre agua, pero ya no son ni sombra de lo que eran antes...... la prueba esta en que no han podido ganar ninguno de los 4 partidos que jugaron hasta el momento...

No es decir que Atletico Nacional no pueda seguir rompiendola despues de esta fase (especialmente con tantos jugadores de buen pie -- Macnelly Torres, Cardenas, Ibarbo, etc.), pero habra que ver si estos 3-0's, 4-0's los repite contra oposicion mas complicada...

La situacion me hace acordar mucho a la de Boca el ano pasado: les toco un grupo con 3 equipos realmente muyyy malos (peor que este grupo), pero todos que no lo seguian fuera de la Copa a Boca lo tildaban como el gran candidato porque saco un par de goleadas contra equipos muuuuy debiles..... despues, cuando les toco un rival de verdad por primera vez en el torneo, no pudieron llegar ni una vez al arco contrario en 135 minutos hasta que aparecio el panadero con la primera oportunidad de riesgo para el xeneize.

Repito....... bien Atletico Nacional, sin dudas el que mas brillo hasta ahora y candidato al titulo. Veremos como sigue la cosa despues.

pepinointer and RiverGaucho repped this.
  3. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #103 HomietheClown, Mar 16, 2016
    I must sound like a broken record here but yet another dominant win by El Equipo Verdolaga.

I don't care if the group is the easiest group in the World. Atletico Nacional is playing the best soccer in this tournament.

Period.

SiempreCrema repped this.
  4. Sandinista

Sandinista Member+

Apr 11, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    Racing Club de Avellaneda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Qué lindo cómo le empataron a Casla en el último minuto...

RiverGaucho repped this.
  5. Ohiginiano

Ohiginiano Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    El Teniente Stadium
    Club:
    O Higgins Rancagua
    NO pasa nada con el campeon del siglo, el equipo historico.

6. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Love how CASLA completely choked. After their fluke Libertadores win, they have reverted back to their history of being a shit team on the international stage! 33rd in the all-time table of the competition, behind the likes of powerhouses The Strongest, El Nacional, Sporting Cristal, Emelec hahah even behind Velez! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: No existis CuerBo!

7. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    If San Lorenzo is eliminated in the group stage, that'd be twice in a row. Wonder if that'd be a first for a defending champion.

8. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Like I said above, San Lorenzo is 33rd in the all-time standing of the copa libertadores. If you were to arrange a tournament of the "traditional" teams, San Lorenzo wouldn't even make it in as it would be the top 32. Its no surprise to see them struggle, its pretty much their historical trajectory in the competition.

9. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I see what you're saying, but that table also ranks Cerro Porteño as 9th and Independiente (the team with most titles at 7, with an unparalleled four-peat) as 16th. The math considers the number of times a team has participated rather heavily. Your team is #3 and highest-ranking team from Argentina thanks to its 31 participations (and 3 titles).

Not that this formula bothers me; São Paulo, my team, is 10th overall and the highest-ranking Brazilian side.

As for San Lorenzo, I'm not shedding any tears for them. I'm predicting Toluca wins when they play.

10. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    With Santa Fe's win over Cobresal yesterday, they should be through the groups because I think with the altitude of Bogota, that should get them a win over Corinthians at home. Although with Santa Fe you never know to be fair. They are possibly the most boring team in the continent.

Corinthians vs Cerro tonight should be a cracking game.

11. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Also, as for the Atletico Nacional game last night, that pretty much confirmed one thing: that is Sporting Cristal can't get past the groups now, then they are truly embarrassing.

12. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #112 HomietheClown, Mar 16, 2016
    In some ways they are boring and do not play with the flair of a typical Colombian squad...
    ...but that style of play helped them win the Sudamericana. It also could be argued that style of play is the way Once Caldas won the Libertadores in 2004. Boring can equal pragmatic and methodical.

Focusing on their positives, Santa Fe could be the best at executing Corners I have ever seen of a Colombian team in a major competition. They also score more consistently from outside the penalty box than I have ever seen of any Colombian team.

Those things aren't necessarily boring if done correctly. It is refreshing really.

13. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I never said Santa Fe were a bad team, if anything they are among one of the top teams in the continent.

I just find them a boring side. That's not to say I dislike them, but they end 0-0 a lot of the time and usually don't have very much firepower even though they have forwards who are capable of scoring goals. Its just the way they play. That Copa Sudamericana 2015 final was one of the worst finals I've ever seen.

14. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I agree with you that it can be perceived as boring compared to the way Atletico Nacional plays for example. But some of the things they do well are not boring when pertaining to execution.

Also, I think what must be said here is that their play embodies the personality of their Uruguayan manager Pelusso to a tee. Most Uruguayan managers don't care about the spectacle of play or the way people think their futbol is boring. They just focus on getting results and playing futbol more like a war game rather than a beautiful game it should be.

15. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Santa Fe selling their damn players all the time has ruined the flair they had too. Omar Perez never plays now either because he's injured 24/7. Jonathan Gomez is good but is still not at that level. Losing Luis Quinones and Wilson Morelo were big blows.

anyway, I couldn't care less if their boring or not, let them be boring and continue winning titles.

16. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yeah, nothing they can do though. They don't decide the groups, you can only play who you get not much you can do about that. But they've smashed everyone they've played, all we can do is sit and wait until the next round.

Nacional never even left first gear at times. last night, their first shot on goal went in

17. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    There was interference from Above for the Cuervos to win a Libertadores...

[​IMG]

18. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Independiente won 7 titles, most of which were won because the reigning champion entered the competition in the semi final stage. River meanwhile, had many tournaments where we would win triple the number of games independiente had to win for their titles and we would be eliminated at the semifinal stage.

For me, it is much more impressive to win only 3 titles, like my club, but consistently be amongst the top 8 or top 4 in the competition, than like independiente who won 7 but for the most part was never a contender, and more often than not, didn't even qualify for the competition.

19. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    They just played the Argentinian anthem for Sao Paulo in Venezuela :ROFLMAO:

Its not even the first time this has happened!

Doogs and RiverGaucho repped this.
  20. Sandinista

Sandinista Member+

Apr 11, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    For Bauza, Calleri, Centurión... :ROFLMAO:

HomietheClown repped this.
  21. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    There is no excuse for that.

Simply stupid.

22. Sandinista

Sandinista Member+

Apr 11, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think its stupid to even play national anthems before Libertadores matches.

And it doesn't happen in the majority of stadiums, luckily.

pepinointer, unclesox and RiverGaucho repped this.
  23. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Nacional has played against weak sides and its yet to see a solid rival. Yet again they were knocked out against supposedly "inferior" teams like Defensor Sporting.

2015, River peor segundo, eliminó a Boca mejor lider

2014, Nacional Paraguay peor segundo eliminó a Velez mejor líder

2013, Mineiro mejor lider quedó campeón

2012, Flu mejor líder llegó hasta semis

2011, Once Caldas eliminó a Cruzeiro (mejor líder)

2010, Flamengo eliminó a Corinthians (mejor líder)

24. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

As I was saying earlier :ROFLMAO:

25. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Deportivo Cali tied with Racing and its virtually out.
    Cali had it all to put the game away and through some impressive defensive mistakes Racing got the point well deserved in my opinion.

This is how many mistakes they made for the first goal:
    1. Lost the ball in the midfield through poor passing
    2. no pressure to get the ball back or to stop the ball from being kicked into the box
    3. no communication between goalie or defense needlessly rejecting a ball that was safe for the keeper
    4. no anticipation for the lost ball in the box allowing the racing player to kick freely

Castro has been a coach for a sec now. never liked him never will. a dude who has had a team for a good amount of years cant make some silly ass mistakes like tonite.