Copa Libertadores 2013 (Octavos discussion) [R]

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by Suyuntuy, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Sandinista

Sandinista Member+

Apr 11, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    Racing Club de Avellaneda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It was reported in local media (before the match) that it was Corinthians directives themselves who went to Conmebol to ask for Amarilla to referee the match.

Go figure...

2. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You sure like to whine, don't you? Yeah it must be a conspiracy against poor Brazil, nobody wants them to win because they are so good! Right?

Never mind that Tijuana outplayed Palmeiras in spite of ref mistakes that in that particular match went mostly Palmeiras way. And never mind that -even admitting Amarilla's failings that went against the Timao- Boca did stand up to the heavy favored Corinthians and played them well in both legs and the final result was not surprising given the play of each team.

But feel free to keep playing the victim. Because you know, everything is so unfair against poor little defenseless Brazil, they have no power in Conmebol. LOL!

Adrian559 repped this.
  3. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, you know Boca gets a huge amount of help in the local league. This year they've been given more penalties than anyone, but still are 19th out of 20 teams. Funnily enough, in the game they lost to San Martin de San Juan, the referee gave them a a penalty 2 meters outside the box which tied the game at 1-1. Too bad for them they let in another 5 goals and lost 6-1

Its also worth mentioning, that Boca never should have made it out of the group stage. A clear penalty was not called against Barcelona in La Bombonera.

That is why this situation bothers me so much. If ONE call goes against Boca in La Bombonera, their fans and the media are whining and crying about it for an entire week. Yet when they benefit from the calls like last night, they act like nothing happened.

FiveXChampion and Century's Best repped this.
  4. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's a shame that the ref didn't help RiBer Blate when they played against Estudiantes de Buenos Aires. Guess they can only do so much.

5. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was some good tifo by Olimpia.

6. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
  7. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I'm no believer of conspiracy theories.

However, if you truly do believe this, then you should say the same that you said above to every one of your countrymen who talk about "partido/torneo comprado" whenever your national team doesn't win. I do not wish to make this into an offshoot of the historic rivalry between our national teams, but "arreglado!" and "comprado!" is something I've heard and read said and stated by certain Argentine fans - especially when Argentina has failed and Brazil has won the tournament in question.

8. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I have no stake in the crosstown bad blood between your team and the squad from the neighborhood of Núñez, but as I wrote earlier, it's quite a good thing for fans of your club that your league follows a very unusual mathematical formula to decide which teams get relegated. Otherwise, at the pace your team is going, it would be people like RiverGaucho making jokes about "B."

9. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Cayó el gol del Rey de Copas y por ahora Olimpia clasifica.

PS: Gol del Zorro.

Y autogol rarísimo de Paparatto. 2-0 Olimpia. Se le viene la noche a Tigre.

10. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I didn't know Paraguayan fans called Olimpia "Rey de Copas." I thought the nickname was "Decano."

11. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Yup. They share the moniker with Independiente in Argentina.

12. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Una tarjeta boludísima a Ferreyra por patear la pelota cuando ya le marcaban el offside.

4 con amarilla en Olimpia: Silva, Aranda, Zorro y Ferreyra. 2 en Tigre: Ferreira y Paparatto.

13. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Bolivianfuego repped this.
  14. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  15. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    His lack of fitness would worry me in a predominantly physical league like MLS.

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  16. FiveXChampion

FiveXChampion Member

Sep 23, 2000
    California
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Palmeiras is a second division team and I am not sure what your rant is about. Boca Juniors can't compare to top Brazilian teams like Corinthians, Fluminense or Atletico. It can't win without the help of a friedly whistler.

17. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL stop making this into a Brazil vs. Argentina thing... This is against BOCA it has nothing to do with the rest of us.

Boca can't even compete with Union de Santa Fe or San Martin de San Juan... And as I said, the refs did their best to help them in those games, but they still lost.

18. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The funny thing is, if Argentina had a normal relegation system, we never would have gone down. And Boca would have gone down long ago...

[​IMG]

In fact, Boca only made it to the primera division in the first place thanks to the AFA deciding to have an unprecedented 9 ascensos...

[​IMG]

19. alianza4life!

alianza4life! Member+

Feb 21, 2008
    hackensack,nj
    the ref helps boca so much just like they help argentina national team no surprise

20. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I couldn't give a shit about the argentina national team. I just hate boca. Stop trying to make this into an anti argentina thing, especially when the majority of boca fans aren't even argentine...

I honestly don't get why people from other countries think all argentines band together when it comes to club futbol. We HATE boca. Not one non boca fan was rooting for them last night.

Just like I know all Central fans were rooting against Newell's, and all the Bosta fans will be rooting against River when we return to the Copa next season

21. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    do they also hate River?

is there actual data to show most of Boca fans are not even argentine (seems a rather far-fetched claim)?

22. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Go to the barrio de la boca, and tell me what you think the people that live in the villa miseria there are argentina or from our neighbors to the north...

Then go to Nuñez and you'll see what I mean.

23. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    sure ok apart from the xenophobic remarks, have you got actual data to back up your claim?

or nah

24. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Santa Fe marca y le quedan 10 minutos a Gremio para anotar. Wilder Medina muy bien, no buscó el penal, y entro como un cuchillo entre los defensas.

25. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    so as it stands

3 brazilians
    2 argentinians
    1 mexican
    1 colombia
    1 peruvian