Copa Libertadores 2013 (1/4 finals discussion) [R]

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by JAIME CHILE, May 19, 2013.

?

¿Quién será el Campeón de la C.Libertadores 2013?

1. Atlético-MG(BRA)

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  2. Independiente de Sta.Fe(COL)

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  3. Olimpia(PAR)

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. Fluminense(BRA)

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  5. Tijuana(MÉJ)

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  6. Real Garcilaso(PER)

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  7. Newell's old boys(ARG)

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  8. Boca Juniors(ARG)

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I do. No matter what happens, They are not South Americans. Never will be. You think there are little kids playing futbol in the streets of mexico dreaming about winning the Copa Libertadores? HELL NO! Never happen. How could you be proud of something when you are a mere invitee. An outsider. They have absolutely nothing to do with our tournaments. Look at their history! They are too stupid to come up with anything decent when it comes to a Futbol tournament. Why do you think they always belittle our tournaments? Like they have a better one? Copa Sudamericana is doing great without them and even increased the amount of teams and money. The Copa Libertadores should do the same.

2. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You should out him on the Mexi-Spazzo wall of shame.

3. Dward1

Dward1 Member

May 29, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lines from BetUS
    Atletico Mineiro +100
    Santa Fe +300
    Newell's +350
    Olimpia +400

I'm pulling for Santa Fe ever since that incredible goal knocked out Gremio but I think the odds for them are too low. beating an unimpressive Gremio and a defensively woeful Garcilaso (who were just a brilliant story) isn't enough to make them favorites over Olimpia I don't think. I'd take Olimpia to progress and Mineiro as well but think they were a bit too casual in defense vs Xolos last round. Newell's played poorly vs Boca but I think Scocco will score at least once

4. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--

I think Sante Fe and Olimpia are pretty even.

Historically though Colombian teams usually match up well with Paraguayan teams.
    Also Olimpia was pretty fortunate to defeat Flu in the last round. They got a crazy free kick goal and a controversial penalty.

5. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia

I like Newell's' odds. Might have to take a piece of that action.