Copa Libertadores 2012 - Octavos [R]

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by Suyuntuy, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Next time, go to es.justin.tv. Find the sports channels, and choose soccer. You will see a link on the upper right corner that prompts you to choose the language (by virtue of it being ES you will first see only feeds in Spanish). Pick "todos los idiomas" and you'll see more feeds. I fiddled around, learned this on the fly, and found Fox Sports feeds in Portuguese and was able to watch the Fluminense vs. Internacional match.

2. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah I love the streams but I was in my living room instead with the tv. I still can't believe it was 8-0.

3. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I personally don't think the 8-0 was nearly as surprising as U de Chile's 6-0.

Although I don't think anyone was expecting such a goleada, I think most of us were expecting Santos to take care of Bolivar easily at home. U de Chile, on the other hand, was considered out by many.. even those of us who thought they still had a chance were not expecting them to destroy Deportivo Quito so badly.

Aguante la Copa!

4. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So these are the quarters:

Fluminense vs Boca Juniors
    Universidad de Chile vs Libertad
    Corinthians vs Vasco da Gama
    Santos vs Velez Sarsfield

The only one I missed was Fluminense. I had picked Inter.

For the semis I have Boca Juniors vs Universidad de Chile and Corinthians vs Santos.

locoxriver repped this.
  5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Quite some match-ups for the next round. Libertad vs. U de Chile sounds very interesting, as do the other 3 really.

6. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    U de Chile of course. Fixed it.

For those who got to watch it, how was the Flu vs Inter match? Did Flu deserve the win, and how did they look?

7. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I agree,

Anyone who says altitude is not a factor at all is in denial.

8. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Epic Fail:laugh:

9. oc2004

oc2004 Member

Dec 6, 2009
    the 8 teams with the most points went through the quarterfinals

10. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Except for Lanús. Vasco finished 10th overall yet ousted Lanús on PKs in Argentina.

11. oc2004

oc2004 Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Vasco finished with 13 points, Lanus 10.

12. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
  13. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yes... it was a sad display. The Brasilians proved to be too much.

I am sad to see us go out this way. I turned the game off after the 5th goal....

Which is actually strange, because at times he was AMAZING for us in the group stages....

The way they dropped the ball though last night... I won't lie.... made me cry when I checked the final score. I can't remember the last time I cried because of a sporting event.... but this did it.

I knew we weren't going to make it, to make it out of the group stages were nice.... but to lose this way... really sucked.

Have more respect 'Catracho', remember you're a visitor when you're posting on this side of the forum. :mad:
    While I agree, this isn't going to help the argument.... you can't take away the results Bolivar got away from home in the group stages!!!

They tied Catolica, Beat Junior...... pretty impressive to get points on the road against these normally 'big' teams from their respective countries.

I just think Bolivar were outclassed, and the speed from santos was too much. You could even see it in La Paz, where the both goals were from FK's... not from the run of play. A Keeper can stop any FK at altitude just like at sea level. I could understand if we scored two goals from the run of play to bring that up....

Santos just outclassed us. Simple as that.

14. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Fuego, your team wasn't bad. I too noticed that in the opening round they were competitive. They deserved to get to the final 16. They also did however get drawn w/ one of the best teams in CONMEBOL right now.

Lift your head up. Your team went farther than 16 other teams did, including teams which have supposedly more tradition. :)

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  15. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Thank you. That means alot.

Yes, I am happy they were the team to break the bad streak of bolivian teams not qualifying to the next stage since 12 years ago....

Either way, I am happy how they performed besides last night.

With that said, I will be rooting for Santos to take it again because I can say they earned a whooping like that by the eventual champs! :p

16. rodrigolei

rodrigolei New Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    The problem was that Santos played a lot yesterday and Neymar was in one of his best days.

17. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah especially since Dep. Quito was came to that match with an impressive 4-1. I for one didn't expect U. de Chile to advance but I was proved wrong. I actually gave Bolivar a chance, they looked pretty solid in La Paz.