Copa Libertadores 2010 discussion - part 2 [R]

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by JAIME CHILE, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    COn un tecnico competente creo que peru pudiera aspirar a mas...

2. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    El problema es que a los jugadores peruanos les importa muy poco su selección.

Si les importara, no se irian de juerga antes de un partido importante. Y Pizarro trataría de hacer algo, en lugar de quedarse parado mirando el partido.

3. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Que paliza se comio Estudiantes!

4. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    Yeah, it's obvious that the quality of the players is overall higher but Libertadores games are often more... uhhh... fun.

The excessive running and marking in the CL make some of the games pretty dull.

Which is a shame because some of those teams are absolutely stacked with talent.

5. Broncano

Broncano Moderator

Jul 31, 2006
    Lima
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Watching CL is like watching my son play FIFA 10 on his xbox.

1 person likes this.
  6. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Wow, shocking result in the Alianza-Estudiantes match. :eek: Unfortunately I didn't bother to record so hopefully they show a replay.

7. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    Bien por Universitario y Alianza Lima, estoy más que sorprendido de ver a ambos compadres peruanos dominando sus grupos, veremos si logran mantenerse tras el buen comienzo.

8. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    thats true, they take the actual fun out of the game, its all about covering ground and running

if they just let some of those guys loose you could get some spectacular games

9. freakyflow

freakyflow Member

Jul 10, 2009
    az
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Chevere que baile alos "mejores" de sudamerica lol embarrassing.

10. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Dr. Know, isn't Clemente Rodriguez actually a decent defender who simply happens to play club football in your country? Wasn't he solid overall with Estudantes' 2009 Libertadores campaign?

11. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Imagina só uma final Flamengo X Corinthians ou Internacional X Corinthians.

Mas se for pra voltar ao Brasil, que seja o São Paulo que levante o caneco. :D

12. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Then, would you say that Verón and Clemente, while solid and good for the football played in the Libertadores, are not good enough for the football that will be played in the World Cup?

13. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    He's very good going forward but defensively he's always been shakey. Think Dani Alves, although he's obviously not as good as Alves. His natural position is LB and recently he's been playing RB so maybe I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but I have my doubts if he should be going to SA. And last night he got owned badly.

14. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Don't get me started on Veron. Imo he should be nowhere near South Africa. But that's a whole other debate.

15. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Never mind Veron. Can we nationalize Aguirre in time for the WC? :D

Here's my review of week two:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/blog.php?b=7614

Player of the week: Wilmer Aguirre
    Honorable mention: Sebastian Fernandez
    Goat of the week: Jose Manuel Rey
    Dishonorable mention: Fabricio Brandao and Andres Imperiale

You can guess the team of the week, for the second week in a row. What an awesome performance! I have to admit Alianza really surprised me. I picked them to finish last in their group.

Can they keep it up?

16. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, I love Clemente but he was horrible last night. Our fullbacks are really sucking right now. Looking at his competition, the old man Zanetti is looking better every day. Hell, even Heinze is looking good by comparison.

17. spc3sc

spc3sc Member+

Jul 24, 2008
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Clemente wasn't in Estudiantes in the Libertadores 2009, he did win the Cup with Boca though

18. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    No sé que me da lo de Aguirre :D, pensar que salió junto con la generación de Farfán y Guerrero y terminó siendo el más errático de todos, veloz e impreciso como él sólo puede serlo... menudo partido se jugó, tal vez el mejor de su carrera.

19. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nah that doesn't really change that much seeing as it's just for communication between the main ref and the assistants, when the main referee should take a look at the assistants for anything. It's like the spray a remedy to referee's ineptitude.

I think it's Estudiantes eternal issue with their centrebacks, who have been playing like shit for over 1 year now. The third and fourth goal clearly show that, specially the third one both centrebacks where there but it was like the player carrying the ball had a one-on-one with the keeper, and in the 4th goal Clemente gets the blame when Desabato was trying to scare off the flies on the sideline(though it's probably that he was trying to mark a player that was being marked by Re). But with that pair it was going to happen sooner or later. On the other hand it seems that Estudiantes has some karma with peruvian teams, also last year they roughly made it to the groups stages beating Sporting Cristal on away goals, on their first group match they lost 4-0 with Cruzeiro(who they defeated later on the final...), but maybe Sabella wants to follow the path of Zubeldia.;)

20. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    yeah and for the very first time in a libertadore match the aliancistas were supporing their teams like the way they have too. i remember the cristal-estudiantes from 2009 and the atmosphere was similar......

i hope alianza continues winning more games, they have a good team : joel sanchez, montano, zlatan, now aguirre, quinteros(only if he plays like thursday), libman(the one way i think has to be our next goalie), and prado

21. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

sure, but we want tevez, lavezzi, burdisso and samuel as exchange....

no man aguirre just had the game of his life. man you gotta see the weekly bloopers he makes in peru!

22. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Aguirre was unbelievable against Estudiantes, and he was also very good in Bolivia the previous week. Before that, I admit he was flying under my radar so I wouldn't know.

23. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    you gotta see more peruvian futbol programs related and you will see his bloopers....

he didnt score so manu7 goals since 2005-06......

24. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzD7ujqAmAA"]YouTube- EL MEJOR BLOOPER DEL MUNDO / BEST SOCCER BLOOPER - AGUIRRE ALIANZA LIMA PERU[/ame]

para los que el jueves se enamoraron de aguirre y ahora parece que se lo tienen como idolo aqui un regalito de aguirre, eso fue lo mas fuerte que existe de el, bueno lo que se puede mostrar en video, pero..... en el 2009 hizo cosas parecidas....

solo 3 goles en un anio, y eso que en el peru se jugaron 44 fechas y alianza jugo unos 4-5 amistosos....

25. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    hater;)

1 person likes this.