Copa Libertadores 2005 - [R] questions & comments

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by Visca..., Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Re: El MAS SABIO Copa Libertadores 2005 prediction contest - Octavos

Whats the big fuss?
    It's carved on stone that Boca and Sao Paolo will sweep aside the mejicanos.

2. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004
    Re: El MAS SABIO Copa Libertadores 2005 prediction contest - Octavos

dont b so sure...its not the first time mexican teams make it this far...remember cruz azul ?...boca beat them only by luck in penales in the final...i think TIGRES can beat the brazilian team...Chivas has it a bit tougher..we all kno how boca steps it up during this phase of the tournament...regardless..they should prove to b great matches to watch..and just as i had predicted early on this year..the quaterfinals consists of 3 argentinos..3 brasilenos...and 2 MEXICANOS...VAMOS TIGRES!!!!....a la FINAL !!!!

3. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004
    Hell Yea !! finally someone with the right idea!!!..i completely agree...props to you Chiquitibum

4. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil
    Congrats to the Mexican teams! They took the spots that, without them, would have probably gone to Paraguayans and Colombians. I don't see them in the semis, but who knows? What I know for sure is that we'll see very good matches. :)

5. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I also agree that Mexican teams bring up the profile of the Libertadores.
    Mexico has good club teams, let's admit it.

6. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    they do have good teams, no one is saying they don't, that thing is that they take it to an extreme and claim to be the best of Latin America. To me they are in a very good level, on par to fight with Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Paraguay....Uruguay has been slipping lately, shame really.

7. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel
    por si no los sabes mi equipo es el Barcelona de Guayaquil, y no es la Liga

ademas dejame aclararte dos punticos, la Liga estuvo a un solo gol y lo eliminaba al River y el global fue de 5 - 4 ,si la Liga metia un gol lo dejaba afuera al River

ademas dejame decirte otra cosa, Salas solo metio 1 gol ,los otros fueron autogoles, GILLLLLLLLLLL

IMFORMATE PRIMERO Y DESPUES VEN AQUI Y OPINA

al la U de Chile si dio pena por que ni siquiera anoto un gol :(

8. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel
    jajajaja, no lo puedo creer, metrochile se resintio por que dije este hace un par de dias,

esto es la pura verdad metrochile, o quieres que me ponga a decir metiras? cuando estoy diciendo la verdad, dejate de resentimientos estupidos que yo a ti ni siquiera se de donde vienes, ademas nisiquiera te nombre a ti.

9. G D L

G D L New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Boston University
    well this tournament proves were better than...Venezuelan, Colombian, Chilean, Ecuadorean, and Peruvian clubs since we advances ahead of them right? just kidding....it proves the these particular teams played better futbol than the respective teams from those countries.

and come on the mexican league is on a bad day better than the Chilean, Uruguayan, Peruvian, Ecuadorean, Paraguayan, Bolivian, and Venezuelan leagues
    on an average day at par with the Colombian league and on a good day competitive with the Argie/ brasilian league

im not trying to take a stab at ya'lls countries so dont get defensive on me, but accept it! Cruz Azul to a final, America to the semis, now all three to round of 16 and two to the quarter finals or maybe better... what more do you want to prove it?

go on say we dont deserve to be in it, the only arguement you make is that were not from conmebol (thanks for the geography lesson, i wouldnt have known that otherwise) but i dont see brasilians or argentines complaining-that is to say i dont see people with the confidence in their teams and futbol enough to know that it shouldnt make a difference who they face, bitching about mexicans being in it. We dont take anyting from the competition, we add validity to the term "campeon de America" actually, we bring higher competition than most other teams can and we bring in more money (that goes to benefit one way or another south american futbol) than anyone else could.

what i mean to say is that if Boca is going to advance, its gonna do it against chivas or anyone else, if sao paolo is gonna advance it will do against tigres or caldas or anyone else.

Brazilians and argentines know they dont need to fuss over it, that the best will always win, so they dont b.i.t.c.h like you guys. its you guys that know that we actually pose a danger to ya'lls chances that have problems with us being in it...Boca, River, Sao paolo, Fluminense, Vasco Da Gama, and all the other giants know what they are made of and they know theyll beat who they have to beat

10. danmarce

danmarce Member

May 8, 2004
    Quito, Ecuador
    BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAA!!!!
    Snif...

Snif..

That is all that i've to say...
    But i can write a bunch of bad words, but will not...
    YET.

Now my favorite teams are Santos and Sao Paulo...

11. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    exactly, the teams are/were the better ones, not the whole league

did you forget who started the "Southamerican wannabe" thread?

12. G D L

G D L New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Boston University

humor me?

13. G D L

G D L New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Boston University

14. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  15. G D L

G D L New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Boston University
    why not river? jejeje:D tough break man...but River is River ya know?

...come to think of it, next week you might tell me that Boca jrs is Boca jrs...:eek: ooooooooo chet

16. G D L

G D L New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Boston University
    yeah...and threads in the World Rivalries forum are sooooo credible right?

17. RafaMarquez

RafaMarquez New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rosarito
    A mexican team hadn't lost to a colombian team in 15 meetings(or more I forgot). The streak ended when Caldas beat Chivas in colombia, Chivas still finished first in the group.

You say the Mexican league is even with the colombian league. What facts do you base this on ?

18. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    no, you said, "no argentine complains about playing us," well they have.

19. kaviedes_freak

kaviedes_freak New Member

Oct 1, 2004
    Toronto
    dont forget that it was Kaviedes that owned chile's ass when they came to quito.....I still remember the faces of those lil chilean guys crying on their father's shoulder, and then his son cried on his own... :D

20. G D L

G D L New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Boston University
    a statement like that is opinion only

quality of players produced... we import better players and all obviously but those produces domestically are pretty even i'd say...remember mexico vs colombia in culiacan a few months ago?

ive seen a few matches from colombia too, and the level of competition and the plays and the goals are all of very good quality...i saw the DIM v Nacional, and recently i saw santa fe vs envigado, which NOT top clubs but i saw very good plays... my girlfriend is colombian and watching some of those matches on tv colombia, caracol, and goltv is something i do when im at her house since i get along very well with her brothers and father(goooo Millos!!:eek: )

also, the first leg of the junior vs boca series, not any team can take a 3 goal lead over boca and losing a 3 goal lead is very sad i know but even milan does it :p

and obviously the performance of clubs in libertadores, Caldas campeon...no mexicans (YET...vamos chivas!!!) and this is the 1st time in a few years i believe colombians are out of it by quarter finals

obviously the mexican league imports excellent players and exports many more to europe than colombia and its a much better funded league so that gives us an edge...

take our money out of the equation and all the benefits we get from it and... colombia is a very even league with us

so i guess after thinking it more thouroughly theyre not completely at par with us, but theyre not very far behind... i say, on an avg day for mexico and a good day for colombia, the leagues are pretty close, its never ever an exact match, some1 is always ahead

21. G D L

G D L New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Boston University
    ok so you get me on a technicality.... theres a few, there will always be a few, there are no absolutes...ever:D

22. RafaMarquez

RafaMarquez New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rosarito
    I'm assuming this statement you talk about is yours, Correct ?

23. G D L

G D L New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Boston University
    yes

24. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

You obviously can't read, but we settled the Ecuador-Chile issue a while ago.
    If your coeficiente intelectual permits it scroll up and find it, if you're capable that is.
    If you're not, go cry on your dad's shoulders :D

25. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands