PBP: Copa del Rey - Semifinal, 2nd Leg | Valencia CF v FC Barcelona | 8 February 2018 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Feb 5, 2018.

1. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    you know what also pisses me off ? majority of people not giving a damn about Denis , they defend Shitmes to death yet don't care about Denis who didn't get as many chances to prove himself as gomes , i really feel sorry for him. ( Vidal as well )

and Semedo as well who didn't do anything wrong but being benched thus not having playing time and getting rusty by time and not having enough synergy to blend in with the group.

it's like people judge players based on their looks not their performance , heck if Shitmes actually cared about playing as half as he cared about his hair he would've been a ballondor candidate a long time ago.

Forzabarca repped this.
  2. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Semedo is young and in the best place he could be. Roberto is a known quantity who contributes more to break down a locked in defense than Semedo.

There is also quite a bit of rotation going on which will keep us fresh.

Basically, Valverde is playing the players he needs based on what he is facing. That’s pretty good player management.

I do agree on Gomes but only from the perspective of seeing some other players like Denis, etc.

Gomes is killing it on my son’s Dream League Soccer team though.

James

3. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

First of all, is that a threat? Ignoring me? Should I be afraid? Regretful? Feel embarrassed?

Second, there is no other way to write about him is there? Does he deserve praise? Credit? Applause? For what? What has he accomplished really in 1,5 years to motivate him staring in second leg of CDR semi final against a tough opponent and almost gifting them a goal? The opener! He was subbed at halftime for crying out loud without being injured and after that his replacement scored a very crucial away goal.

He cost Barca alot last season destabilising the midfield and link to defence. I won't forgive him for that.

It's not just me thrashing him constantly, it's everyone except a few here who live under a rock and the only reason some here defend that mediocre player is their opinion of me and @puyol for being to harsh and such. I'd be happy to stop my criticism of him when he stops getting chances instead of others in the squad who deserve more chances.

Barca got rid of Arda who did much better than Shitmes but barely got a proper chance just cause of his attitude and Luchos affection for Shitmes who has done absolutely NOTHING!

Shitmes is a liability and Barca don't need more liabilities!

4. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course it's not a threat. It's an explanation for why I'm being so stupid in actually engaging you, rather than avoiding you like I've done for the last I don't know how many years.

No, usually he doesn't deserve praise. I have seen him have matches I thought were decent (which you and a couple of others insisted wasn't possible); but the rare decent match just isn't good enough; and as I've said here before, I don't think he belongs on the team. And yet somehow, I'm able to acknowledge that I dont think he's good enough and say that without it being my entire reason for posting here, and I'm able to express that without it turning into an attack on him personally as a human being, and I'm able to indicate that I think Barcelona should let go of him without doing so in a childish fashion, and I'm able to see his faults without ranting about them making up 99.99% of the posts I make here.

Those are all things you're not able to do, and they're the big clues that you're driven not by a desire to support Barcelona, but rather because you have some personal thing about Gomes.

I'm not aware of anyone at all here who thinks he's made a net positive contribution to the team, myself included. But most are able to express that without it seeming like the only reason for their being here.

Thank you for illustrating my point perfectly, and in doing so reminding me that you ducked my question. Again, do you believe that Gomes' poor play is intentional, that he could play better but chooses not to in order to sabotage Barcelona? This is a simple yes-or-no question.

condor11 and unclesox repped this.
  5. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I do, I think he's Portuguese saboteur, nothing he's done indicates otherwise. Actually most things he does in big games indicates exactly that. Last game was blatantly bad, running like a Bolt to challenges, just to give the ball away like without exception.

6. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It's not just Gomes. He'll still have a go at MAtS if he fails to save a penalty. There was Luis Enrique last season. Donkey Suarez before that. And a host of other players and topics I know I'm forgetting.
    @Forzabarca is a man of negativity. He LOVES to harp on the negative. Other than when Barcelona scores he rarely, if ever, gives credit when something positive happens.
    Case in point: I can't recall the last time he placed a vote in the MOTM thread, which focuses on good performances; a thread based on positivity. I'm not even sure if he's EVER posted in ANY of the MOTM threads over the years.
    But I suppose when you're a person filled with rage and anger and are only able to focus on the negative aspects of life, trying to list three players who put in good performances in any given match is an impossible task.

7. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

#107 Forzabarca, Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2018
    I thought this is a forum to discuss teams players games etc not dicuss how members should behave or post or where to post and not to post or why someone is criticising a player or not praising another. All the discussion with you lot ends up with irrelevant discussion about me etc and not many even stick to the topics which now was Shitmes. Tell me what he has accomplished in 1,5years? Has he been worth the investment?

Yes I am an extremely negative and criticising person here but this is not real life. Its a frickin fotboll forum where the players we praise or criticise don't give a shit what we say or are not bothered or hurt a single millisecond of what we write. He's not a schoolboy that need protection, love and care and kindness when being a failure. Shitmes is not a victim. Barça is a victim of his shit play.

8. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Dude take a chill pill. There is no obligation to post in certain threads. I criticised Suarez very shortly when he joined and he sucked, especially for his fee but that passed when he started scoring like crazy and I believe I have praised him etc. After that Donkey became Donkey Kong a fun thing that you've totally missed the humor in.

Regarding MATS I have not criticised him at all this season man, perhaps one or two mild ones. But I still believe his blunders cost Barca crucial points but that's in the past now and I hope he will stay consistent. He's more solid than a liability he was last season so.

So since you are an ideal poster posting in MOTM. Have you ever criticised someone or is it all gather around and sing cumbaaya? With your attitude even Figo is welcome.

9. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Couldn't agree more!

10. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    to be fair I also dont post on the MOTM threads, but then again some would accuse me of being overly positive about Barcelona in the last decade (a fantastic decade we have witnessed) haha

unclesox repped this.
  11. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Tbh, I often don't rate players either. I only do when only 3 or 4 people have voted so as to try and make that particular match "official" (must have five people voting). Or if two or more players are tied for third place and their sum is an odd number - which would see fractions of points being awarded - I'll cast a vote to break the tie. Just makes everything look confusing otherwise.

condor11 repped this.