PBP: Copa del Rey | R32 Leg 2 | FC Barcelona v Cultural Leonesa | 5 December 2018 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Dec 5, 2018.

1. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doing my part for a second page.

2. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  3. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Strong work!

It was a good game, not too much to worry about but a bit of a trap game with many big players injured or not even on the bench, makeshift lineup, etc.

But the upshot was a big win. Sure a clean sheet would've been nice but there only goal came after we'd essentially won the game and no one really screwed up on that goal either (to my eyes at least).

Even better Denis scored twice, Munir scored the opener, Malcom scored a header, Raki got 3 assists, and Ricky Pooch got the final assist which was very Iniesta like, So bottom line great game. Bad things are Malcom injury, Semedo still just OK crossing in on offense (and I don't really rate his D that great either), love his speed but the rest is just OK. Good things, all the Barca B players did great, all the forwards scored including provistional forward Denis with the brace.

puyol repped this.
  4. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    Semedo got into some good crossing positions 3-4 times but failed to get a single cross in.

5. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Lack of playing time! :p

6. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure, to an extent that remains a factor, but he's had a string of several games in a row, and with Roberto injured he doesn't have to over-stress himself about trying to make a great impression in limited minutes. Really would like him to show me something, especially against a team like Leonesa. Against Tottenham or Espanyol I feel better if he simply doesn't screw up on defense, but I am just not convinced his touch or vision is Barca quality.

I want to be proven wrong. I want a right back playing right back.

If Semedo cannot do it will Palencia be able to (Barca B's captain last season, now on loan to Bordeaux) or Wague (new signing for Barca B and Senagalese international).

L'Equipe:
    As expected, Sergi Palencia will play this season in Bordeaux. The 22-year-old right-wing Spanish striker, trained in Barça, who belongs to him until 2020 but who was previously in reserve, was loaned for a season to the Girondins, with no option to buy.

Wikipedia:
    In August 2018, Wagué completed a transfer from Eupen to FC Barcelona, for a fee of €5 Million. He will initially join Barcelona's B Team to begin the 2018-2019 Season. [5]

Wagué was part of the Senegal U20s that came in 4th place at the 2015 FIFA U-20 World Cup.[6] Wagué made his senior international debut in a friendly 1–1 tie with Nigeria on 23 March 2017.[7][8]

In May 2018 he was named in Senegal's 23 man squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.[9] He became the youngest African goalscorer in World Cup history in the match against Japan.[10]

condor11 repped this.