PBP: Copa del Rey - Final - Barcelona v. Alavés - 27 May 2017 - Vicente Calderón, Madrid

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Gilmango, May 24, 2017.

1. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I tell people from other forums to GTFO at the stage when they begin to troll and become annoying to our posters. It is fine for you to have your opinion and I agree with many of the points that you have made but I do not agree when you belittle other posters and tell them to leave the forum. It is simply not on.

2. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And do you agree with morrissey belittle a respected active member of our forum? He did mock forzabarca's post using the lowest form of wit. So why don't you tell him to GTFO? I don't care if Real fans or any other fans to come here and post. I welcome them all as long as they respect the members here. Two moderators here liked morrissey's post which is very surprising.

Forzabarca repped this.
  3. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The discussion is about Lucho, let us keep it about that.

I have made my point @illusion if you want to carry on, PM please.

4. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    There is no doubt that we haven't improved under Lucho. The first season was great but it clearly started going downhill after that. It is a shame that we have not made use of Messi's best years. Tactically naive and stubborn. I appreciate him as a legend of this club but that is besides the point.

Forzabarca repped this.
  5. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    I get the feeling lucho was brought in to stabilize the team following the two seasons post Pep.

I don't think anyone seriously thought he was anywhere near Pep's level as a coach

Onwards and hopefully upwards now

6. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Hopefully under the new coach, there will be better signings and better tactical flexibility. Some of the matches we lost this season were just unforgivable. Too many opportunities lost.

condor11 and Forzabarca repped this.
  7. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait...so Satan eating babies is now the lowest form of wit? Or is that D.C. united?

8. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

We'll see who's laughing when Lucho takes DC United to USL-2 [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

We'll see if you understand this form of wit [emoji6]

9. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Do you have any argument to make here or are you going to continue trolling and mocking other member's posts?

10. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  11. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Forza is rolling with it. I'm not trolling.

unclesox repped this.
  12. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At this point Lucho would be an upgrade. I'd even take Shitmes.

13. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #88 illusion, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017
    I have no idea how some big soccer members end up being moderators.

You are my friend a classic flamer troll. The definition of flamer troll is: “This Internet Troll likes to cause trouble. Anywhere. With anyone. For any reason. If there’s no trouble to be had? This Troll will cause some. This type of troll is especially fond of using words that aren’t considered PC.”

So stop flaming and if you have anything else to say use the PM as viscaelbarca suggested unless you think you have a bigger authority here and free to do whatever.

Forzabarca repped this.
  14. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude. Chill out. I am free to do or say whatever based on the terms of service. If the mods in this forum have issue with it I will respect their judgement.

Because I don't view Barca or Lucho with the same intensity as you do doesn't mean your opinion is not valid.

I made a generic comment in jest trying to bring some levity to the end of the season. You personally attacked me and called me out directly. You made this an issue where you could have just moved on.

Having a different opinion isn't trolling even if it is a minority opinion.

Have a great day.

15. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You could have PM me if you have anything to say but it seems you want to continue with this and no one can stop you.

You know the old saying, "don't poke your nose where it doesn't belong", this what you did exactly. Forzabarca, made a valid argument about the financial waste during the past few years, you mocked his argument, you didn't even present any argument of your own to counter it. You touched a sensitive subject that many of us cules feel angry and frustrated about. What you did is flamed it.

If I did this in Madrid's forum, I will immediately get a warning and if I continued arguing with members there, I will get yellow. You are a moderator and of course, you are getting away with it.

puyol and Forzabarca repped this.
  16. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    for mods of this forum who are allowing morrissey to troll and flame as he likes. I'm out of this forum until August. Maybe this troll morrissey can contribute as much as I do on this forum for this summer.

See you all in August.

17. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Sorry to hear that. Please take a few days and reread what I actually wrote.

I agree with much of what was said and how much was paid for little result.

My comment about Lucho doesn't touch on financial mismanagement.

I hope you reconsider and apologize for offending you.

afar, unclesox and Viscaelbarca repped this.
  18. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    So that'll be five Clasicos if you include the preseason friendly in Miami. Three Clasicos before we are halfway through the month of August. :sleep:

19. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I wonder what kind of stipulation the Miami friendly had. Ronaldo I think won't be there because of CC. Neymar and Messi have no commitments .

20. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For those of you who entered the Prediction Thread back in August 2016, I have added all of the answers, so you can tabulate your scores.

I don't think of Miami preseason as a Clasico at all, we will see how many starters are there and who plays more than a half.

21. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Tell that to the suckers who spent $150 for the worst seat in the stadium. :laugh:

22. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still cheaper than a round trip to Spain, ticket there, hotel, etc. I'm not hating on those who go, just saying a preseason match is just that (and calling it a Clasico is mostly just marketing). Lots of stars likely missing, lots of b teamers trying to impress the coach, unlimited subs, etc. Still a fun spectacle for fans.

23. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I guess. I just wish friendlies against heated rivals would be avoided in preseason. We're basically just left hoping for no injuries (even though players will be free to commit bad tackles with no repercussions) so that the club can make a few extra bucks. And I know money is important - crucial actually - but less so when your direct competitor makes just as much, since it all relative.

Gilmango repped this.
  24. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Plus, now that we will be playing them twice just a short time later for an actual trophy (Spanish Super Cup), with a new coach and new tactics, I'd really rather not face them at all. We want to take them by surprise with any new tactics or formations. Could actually see some coaching head fakes here in this game to fool the other team before the more important game.

Your point about the money is spot on. Big clubs need huge revenues, much of which comes from nurturing fan bases all over the globe. However, with a new coach this year, I'd really like to do one of those concentrated training camps in northern Europe where it is more about training, getting in shape, learning any new tactics and formations of the coach, while the coach is also learning about who his players are and whom he can rely on to play where. That is much harder when we have a barnstorming tour across north america.

Thankfully, fewer players will be at important tournaments with their NTs this summer, so at least he should have a nearly full squad to share his visions with and learn about. This year only the Confederations Cup is on and other than Gomes or possible youth teamers or new signings, I cannot think of any German, Chilean, Cameroonian, Portugese, Russian, Mexican, New Zealand, or Australian players in our squad. Injury wise Masch should be ready to play (or pass a medical for another team) by July, Rafinha by August.

BocaFan repped this.