Copa de Campeones CONCACAF 2005 [R]

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by Chiquitibum, Jan 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    if anybody is wondering how the WCC will work...

winner of OFC, CONCACAF, AFC, & CAF will be drawn A,B,C,D. E will be the CONMEBOL Libertaodres Champ and F will be the UEFA Champions League Champ

Group
    A vs B [1]
    C vs D [2]

Semifinal
    1 vs E
    2 vs F

There will be a match to determine a 5th/6th place, a 3rd/4th place teams. What is the point of that???

2. romero09

romero09 New Member

Apr 7, 2005
    .*-PEREZ ZELEDON -*.
    correct me if im wrong , did u justask me if since when costa rican and mex were rivals ? :confused:

3. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I should ask you the questions. I didnt understand a damn thing what you wrote...

4. Kur #10

Kur #10 Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Mexico Citay
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Rivals? We just play eachother every 4 years. Just like we play Trinidad & Tobago every 4 years.

But if you think Costa Rica vs Mexico is something special you need help. It might be a big deal in your funny little country, but thats just because you hate us...

5. RafaMarquez

RafaMarquez New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rosarito

Agree 100%

Oh well , I wanted to see a All mexican final.....I guess sometimes you can't have your cake and eat it too. Pumas will win it , Hugo will add one more trophy in his stash. Sapprikka fans should celebrate now because that is all you will be celebrating. Monterrey tied it and was unlucky in penalties, but thats futbol, sometimes you have your days and sometimes you don't. Like ive said before, I do not give a damn about the CCC, even if pumas wins.....wow thats one more for mexico in this region, its not an accomplishment. Call me arrogant or whatever you want but that is the reality, We have more CCC titles than all other countries combined, we have 21 , our closest competitor we have is costa chica with 5. Sapprikka fans celebrate now you guys deserve it, but don't get too happy because Pumas will crush you.

6. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Who else moderates this CONCACAF forum?

What MoRado is doing is pathetic.

7. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Wow this dude is pathetic. And hes a mod!!!!!

8. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    Hey. I tried to explain that this idea that the difference between Mexican teams and MLS teams is "marginal" was fantasy.

Its one thing to look good aginst MLS competition but when you only win 14 of 34 games you have to realise that you are simply not as good as you think.

Imagine if an in form team like chivas or Cruz Azul had faced DC?

9. Delsocfan

Delsocfan New Member

Oct 23, 2004
    Wilmington, DE
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh brother...all of this comotion because Morado spelled Mexico with a J. He's been doing this for a while now and there were no complaints until last nights game.
    I guess a thread will be opened up in S&A any minute now asking for the mod to be changed.

10. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    wrong

11. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    So you feel very insulted?, sorry, its not me the only one spelling mejico with a j, and if you keep claiming this, then a lot of people will start to spell it like that just to piss you guys
    Don't take it that personal LMvCP, You can say Guatepobre or Costa Pobre, actually they are a lot funnier than just a j instead of an x.

12. RafaMarquez

RafaMarquez New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rosarito
    its about respect, i guess you don't know about that.

El respeto al derecho ajeno, es la paz.

13. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    For us, since a long time ago.
    For you, whenever you want.

14. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i agree, in concacaf at the club level costa rica are our top rivals

15. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

Wow....and everything happens after a Costa Rican teams beats a Mexican team....I guess, if Costa RIca had won the WQ game (FEB9), you guys have probably burned my house of something!

Guys dont take it that personal, take it easy, we are soccer rivals, but i dont have anything personal against anybody here

It's ok if you guys don't like the way i moderate in this forum, i am not a $100 bill to be loved by everybody
    But let me tell you one thing, I try to do my best in this forum, sometimes i even do things just to help everybody around here. I dont get paid here, this is just something i like to do, just for fun. If the bosses here decide that i dont deserve to be a moderator anymore, i'll agree with what they say, anyway nobody is forced to be here.
    I never thought that j issue was that bad for you guys, i'll try not to use it always.
    I am not gonna lie in any of my posts, i just express what i think. Sometimes you might like it, sometimes you might not.

BTW the other moderatos are, Efernandez9, IASocFan, and variousstyles

16. RafaMarquez

RafaMarquez New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rosarito
    btw i didnt say that although i feel the same way

17. BMF

BMF Member

Mar 4, 2000
    San Jose, Costa Rica
    Wow, what a gutsy preformance by Saprissa. I was a fraction of a second from going crazy if my man Solis hadn't slipped and fired that ball wide in the second OT (and what a pass from Gomez!) but they looked unstoppable during PKs. Great, great game. Porras moves around like an arthritic 80 year-old but came up with some great saves.

As for DC/Pumas . . . does DC's defense really, really, really suck or what? UNBELIEVABLE!!!

18. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    lol!!!! Porritas....it's the nat'l hero again, he saved us in PK's as he did in the UNCAF tournament!

19. romero09

romero09 New Member

Apr 7, 2005
    .*-PEREZ ZELEDON -*.
    ok morado , ure welcome for backing u up thare after u were shutdown ... lol jk

Porras is the man ... Avlaro mesen ... retarted ... ricardo ... idk ...

for the Nat. sele. keep porrs .. hese amazing at everyhting but really quick stuff thats unsaveable like balls comeing 80 MPH from half and taping some1s head at the pk going super fast ( unsaveable ) .

mejicanco mejicanco mejicanco mejicanco mejicanco mejicanco mejicanco mejicanco mejicanco mejicanco mejicanco mejicanco mejicanco mejicanco mejicanco mejicanco mejicanco mejicanco mejicanco mejicanco mejicanco mejicanco mejicanco mejicanco mejicanco

whops sorry .. slipped from my copy and paste ..

Saprissa will have a easy game at home but i respect J. lizano .... hes the one that will finish the ball from half past porras in mex , but , hopefully 'La Bala'' gomez and P.Brenes will tear it up

_Ortega_ , It might seem that way to u but not to ticos . And u called it our funny little country , Am i not suppose to dislike u for that . its sports why whouldnt we dislike ... its called rivals ... ure opppsing team ... the team u wana beat , not the one u love to see.

VIVA SAPRISSA y VIVA CoStA rIcA

20. Purple People Eater

Purple People Eater New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    San Jose
    Aaaaaroooo Morado!

C'mon mexicans... lighten up, we're just talking here... I really don't see what you guys have to brag about... you're seriously comparing yourselves to a country the size of west virginia, with a population of 4 million... I think there's more than 4 million people just in el DF alone... your country is so big that football isn't even your only sport... I've seen baseball, and even american football from mexico... In CR football is everything, we live football here, had we more people and more money, I have no doubt we'd be in the top 10.

as for saprissa / pumas, I belief it would immature and idiotic to say at this stage that one team will easily win... I hope saprissa wins and I have a good feeling about it, so I'll just have to wait and see what happens...

21. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Congratulations to Saprissa. I really like that way the team plays and whoever thought they weren't a match for Monterrey must've been blind. I think Saprissa will play without pressure these next two games against Pumas, since they already have assured at least a spot in Copa Sudamericana which is still an important tournament. Keep it up morados!

I have nice memories from Saprissa and Universidad Catolica playing for the Intercontinental Cup back in 1993. Although I'm not cruzado, I remember following the game closely and admiring the way Costa Ricans played. Great team.

22. darkmark

darkmark New Member

Oct 1, 2004
    hi i´m new here, but i just wanna say that Monterrey-Saprissa game was awesome, porras and gomez were the best players. I remember, when i was watching this ESPN´s program called "fuera de juego" and they were talking about semifinals games, there is a man that seems he doesn´t know a thing about concacaf, he just said that it will be a mexican final of course. Now im just waiting to see that idiot eating his own words, i hope he recognize that he was wrong. Mr Kempes is the same guy who hates the glorious Real Madrid, as we can see on tv during the last Real-Barca meeting. what a looser!..

23. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    The purple monster will have a dancing good time and trample on some gato tails... :D

[​IMG]

Seriously, good luck to Saprissa. As a Swiss it's always uplifting to see teams from small countries perform well internationally.

24. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Prize money and possibly future seeding?

25. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I have no problem admitting that the gap is wider than I had predicted. This was really the first true test in a while so.

However I disagree strongly with anyone here that thinks for even a second that 5-0 result in DF is an accurate reflection of the quality of both teams.

I think the first game was much better sample of the talent gap than the last. In the first game it was obvious that the UNAM players possed greater skill and technique but it was also eveident that DC was more than capable of putting UNAM under pressure and creating goalscoring opportunities as well as disrupting their attacks. In fatc they matched up pretty welll and that 1st leg game was one of the more exciting and well played games of the tournemnt.

Now take a trip with me tho the District Federal, at about 7300ft above sea level.

How anyone watching that game can honestly even attempt to say that altitude did not play a substantial role in the game is incredibly ignorant to the effects high altitude has on endurance athletes. I won't get into the scientific analysis of it because it is 1) long winded ;and 2) most BS idoits who can't even understand economics won't get it anyway. To use this one 5-0 thrashing as the benchmark for future MFL-MLS debates would be wrong and poorly thought out....that is why i expect to this score used here on BS for quite some time.

UNAM IS a better club side than DC and the difference is more than marginal. I would speculate an oddsmaker would place the odds at a nuetral site with best odds on a 1 goal win for UNAM, equal second best odds for a UNAM 2 goal win or draw, and show me the money odds on a DC win.