Copa de Campeones CONCACAF 2005 [R]

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by Chiquitibum, Jan 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    So what happened to the all-mexican final?

PUMAS-SAPRISSA / SAPRISSA-PUMAS

Hey grazzhoper, i know you´ll love to answer me this question:
    "Who closes at home in the final, Saprissa or Pumas?"
    I really dont know the answer....and you have been informing me in the last 10 games of CCC´s , so who is it?

2. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Congrats to Mexico!
    Congrats to the 2 surinam clubs also!

3. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    final scores

Pumas de Mexico 5 -> 6**
    DC United de USA 0 -> 1

Saprissa de Costa Rica 1 (5)*-> 3**
    Monterey de Mexico 1 (3) -> 3

*PK´s
    **overall

4. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pumas has the 2nd leg.

5. cocreator

cocreator New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    It says on the concacaf website that the first leg will be at saprissa..

does anyone know if there will be fans allowed at the game?

anyway good luck to both teams :)

6. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Wow...I expected UNAM to win, but not even I predicted a 5-0 scalping. I guess I let the "this kind of blowout can't happen anymore" crowd get to me... :D

Memo to Onionsack: there is an all-you-can-eat crow buffet right around the streetcorner. ;)

PS: Congrats to the purple monster!

7. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    so how many times have you smaked down Morado with stats?

when will he learn? LOL

8. Purple People Eater

Purple People Eater New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    San Jose
    Wow!!! what a game! I thought all hope was lost when Centeno got a red card 28 mins into the game... I thought it might be unwise of Medford to go into full defense mode when the team was down, leaving only Gomez to attack... but I guess it allowed them to hang in there long enough to capitalize on the penalty shot that was awarded later in the game... on a side note, it was weird that Solis didn't take one of the penalty kicks in the end... I've always thought that next to Centeno he's the best free kick/penalty shooter on the team... anyways, it was a well deserved victory and I look forward to seeing the final.

9. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Watching the match it was obvious from the 10th minute on that DC would not win this game. They were beaten to every ball, their defense was 6's & 7's all night, they had no business being on the field with UNAM.

I think they were outshot like 25-6 or something like that. What I don't understand is how the two sides could play such and even exciting game last week and this week look like a rec league team playing a pro side. It was ridiculous. Not because UNAM was that much better this time but really DC was that much worse. Not to make an excuse because I think UNAM would have won this game anywhere in Mexico regardless, but it was clear by watching that the altitude magnified the difference in quality tonight, that and David Stokes is a really bad defender.

10. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    marioni and diego alonso were on the bench last week. Lozano didn't play and unlike last week botero was on fire

11. Pilsen

Pilsen New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Coro
    Saprissa vs Pumas !!!

That's sounds like an interesting game . Once again "EL Sapri" defeated a mexican team in their way to the CCC final . Saprissa did pretty god for me with 1 player short (to bad for Centeno he's gonna miss at least 1 game... :mad: ) by the end of the 1st half I thought they weren't gonna make it, but they did a good 2nd half and tied the game ... And we can't forget about Porras wicht today is considered a national hero(At least for me ... but I believe than many morados feel the same way ...) who saved the team during the overtime and the pks ....

12. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Yes, fans will be allowed, Saprissa was just fined with 10 dimes, that's it. (luckly)

13. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    stats...wow...history is all that matters to mejicans, why? Because Mejico USED to dominate the region, dont live in the past manito

when will the mejicans learn that?

14. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Pilsen, porque mejor una pilsen!
    Welcome Pilsen and Purple People Eater (PPE)!, i am happy to see more ticos morados around here!

15. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    it may be history, like a few months ago or it may be the future like Pumas CCC Winners.

Either way, numbers do have meaning.

16. Pilsen

Pilsen New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Coro
    Thanx Morado !!!

I've been around for a couple of weeks already, but this is the 1st time I post...

It looks like we are gonna have a difficult game against the Pumas... but I'm positive we are gonna make it !!! :D

Mejor una cerveza, mejor una Pilsen

17. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    True, true.... it'll be a very difficult game....so was lastnite's, and we won

18. Pilsen

Pilsen New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Coro
    Yeah we won ... thank God ... and thank San Porritas who made it happen ...
    It's too bad Centeno is gonna miss the next game but I'm pretty sure Medford can handle this ...

Do you know if there's gonna be any kind of punishment because of what happen during the first game between sapri-monterey ???

Mejor una cerveza, mejor una Pilsen

19. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    My post was a few above yours.

20. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Yeah, thats true, i just wanted to mess around with you! Don't be mad!
    Was it the first time DC loses by 5 goals?, it was unbelievable, i didnt watch the whole game but when i saw the final score i was really surprised, either DCU played more than horrible, or PUMAS is really good.

21. paul51

paul51 New Member

Jul 23, 2003
    Youre one hell of a bad loser....... I guess the mejicanos didnt have the huevos to defeat a team with 10 guys since the 28th minute, at home!!!

22. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Oh I'm not mad... just extremely disappointed on how DC United played... I don't want to discredit Pumas because they won outright.. But DC United played their worst game ever....

As far as losing by 5 goals? Last year, we were depleted by injuries around mid season and lost to Dallas 5-0 too... or 5-1 don't recall it exactly... (website not updated so I can't find it) but.. half of the team was hurt.... and yeah there are other blow outs.... all inside MLS though.....

This one, by far, hurts the worst.

23. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    bad loser? My team didnt even play last night. Im sorry, I am not like most Central Americans where I think that a team (whether favorite or not) represents the whole country or even region.

I could give 2 shyts about Monterrey. I didnt want them to win. I dislike Monterrey's coach with a passion. I cant stand Miguel Herrera and dont want to see him or any Lavolpista win titles

But I just thought it was funny that Morado hid from the boards when they tied in CR, and basically right after the match posted. You want to talk about a sore loser and a sore winner. And to imply that million and the BS posters around here were heartbroken... pleassseee You know how many nights I couldnt sleep when There wasnt a Mexican club in last years final??? NONE. To be honest, I could careless about the CCC or any other cup the region has to offer. It not like the Mexico City had a parade when America eliminated Saprissa and DC United with a reserve team to win the Giants Cup

But he is a MODERATOR and kind of pathetic for him to insult the Mexican posters on a daily basis by puposely spelling Mexico the wrong way. You dont see us goign around insulting Guatemala by saying Guatepeor or Costa Pobre or crap like that. I would expect a "mod" to be a little bit more professional and courteous of all posters who post in thier "jurisdiction"

24. romero09

romero09 New Member

Apr 7, 2005
    .*-PEREZ ZELEDON -*.
    LMvCP ... Dudde i feel bad for u and ure mejicano self ...
    like seriously . this is a internet thing wahre u will never see ppl that u tlakto ever.... and look how worked up u get. .... 3 paragraphs .... wow .. must have alot of time to care aobut u and ure mejicanos ! yeah i said mejicano ... WOOO GOOO big deal .. not in 1st grade dude dont complain ... costa rica and mexico are rivas .. get useto it .......

oh yeah

VIVA SAPRISSA y COSTA RICA !

25. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    we are rivals? Since when?