Copa Brasil 2017

Discussion in 'Brazil: Clubs and Competitions' started by Harambe Alvinegro, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Harambe Alvinegro

Feb 13, 2017
    The highlands between DRC and Rwanda
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    vasco already out with a whimper. We know they are garbage but I saw no fight in the second half. Sherman Cardenas and Paulinho were playing through them like butter which is funny for me but just pathetic.

2. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Eurico was already talking shit about how Cristovao has plenty of job security and how great of a coach he is. Today, he was fired. He can't be taken seriously about anything.

3. Harambe Alvinegro

Feb 13, 2017
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That press conference when he was hyping up faboloso was hilarious but so so pathetic, I don't even have another word to describe it. About Christovao he had to go, that team didn't even fight in the second half paulinho pulling off elastico's n shit.

4. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He shouldn't even been hired in the first place. I log on to FB this morning and see Vasco fans asking for Luxa.

5. Harambe Alvinegro

Feb 13, 2017
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Vasco is like at Ponte, Vitoria levels now. Ponte fans are begging for Luxa now too. I'm hoping for someone at least...

6. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    KKKKKKorinthians :ROFLMAO:

Eliminado de novo em Itaquera.

Century's Best repped this.
  7. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Well, perhaps my post on Rogério Ceni needing more training to manage a team as big as SPFC was a bit pessimistic. SPFC was eliminated yesterday and the team definitely needs to improve, but the first 30 minutes was all SPFC. Credit to Cruzeiro for fighting back in the face of a SPFC that was undaunted in hostile ground. We hit the woodwork (oh well) in a pyrrhic victory (but at least we ended the unbeaten streak of the last undefeated team in 2017's Brazilian season) and the team showed some promise.

8. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    The first time was to you guys. Haha.

9. Harambe Alvinegro

Feb 13, 2017
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sucks that Walter is cap tied, I wanted to see him against Flamengo tonight. I finally get to see Cabo and Jorginho at least. Flamengo is playing a 2nd team right?

10. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You caught a snoozer. Only thing of note was watching Vaz sky a couple FKs....

11. Harambe Alvinegro

Feb 13, 2017
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Lol it was a snoozer for sure. I ended up watching all of it because there was always a tease it would be good. Some really nice dribbles and watching Rodinei last night was funny , he is trying so hard but he can look so ugly on the ball at times. Did you see jorghinos nutmeg yesterday ? Atlético goianiense is showcasing it on their Instagram page smh...

12. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I missed that. I'll be in Brazil on Saturday for a few weeks. I should be able to see the first leg of the Copa Nordeste at the stadium, although I might want to sit with Bahia fans. I'm not sure if the logistics will allow me to catch Fla live, but I'm looking into it. I'll probably catch a Santa game and go see Thomas before his contract is up.

13. Harambe Alvinegro

Feb 13, 2017
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I assume it'll be at sports stadium ? I never see them use the wc stadium. That's probably the best idea cause you honestly hate sport lol and I think there is a good chance Bahia scores in that first leg. It will be hard to contain yourself if Hernane scores a diving header or if magrao makes a mistake. And Santa Cruz is always fun to watch , I like their number 9 pitbull .

14. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah, it's at Ilha. And if I end up going with people, they are Sport fans and it'll be impossible to sit with the Bahia fans then. I've been there before I contained myself from cheering against them. The urge to troll and taunt is overwhelming.

Unfortunately, Pitbull is out for some weeks I think, so I won't be able to see him. I have a chance to see Santa-Nautico classico again. But last time I saw that, it was a bitch leaving Arruda.

Fla is on the road during all of my trip. The day I come in they are playing Galo in Rio, but I don't think that's going to work, plus I want to time my trip to RJ so I can do other things. It's too bad they didn't face San Lorenzo at home. And I don't know when the knockout phase begins if they make it.

15. Harambe Alvinegro

Feb 13, 2017
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Lol yea that's why I mentioned it , I think you enjoy trolling sport more than the eagles and cowboys. Plus the emotion will be insanely high , you should go for sure , the nordeste finals have the best atmospheres in terms of me watching from home in the world. Off topic but what are you planning on doing in Rio ? I want to visit.

16. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Haven't done any of the tourist type stuff in many years. I usually go to visit two friends have down there, catch a Fla game and then usually do some sort of road trip out of the city.

17. Harambe Alvinegro

Feb 13, 2017
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm looking forward to Renato x Abel

18. Harambe Alvinegro

Feb 13, 2017
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Fred should have finished a few of these. Cazares is nice...

19. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sport getting worked. Botafogo got robbed of a second goal.

20. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And Durval scores as I type that.

21. Harambe Alvinegro

Feb 13, 2017
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Just turned it on and saw the goal. Did you see Rogério get sent of ?

22. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah, second time in a row lol. Karate kicked João Paulo. If this goes to PKs, I'll be intrigued to see Magrão.

23. Harambe Alvinegro

Feb 13, 2017
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Oh I know you will lol. Gremio showed their ass against sport , I was shocked watching it.

24. Harambe Alvinegro

Feb 13, 2017
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't think we can take atletico mg seriously until Roger is fired. Extremely vulnerable defense and he plays three volantes most of the time. They are making guilerhme biteco look like Isco these 2 legs and we've all seen them in the brasileirão

25. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    What players did play that match? Compare the players (including bench) from yesterday's win against Flu with the ones who played Sport.