Copa America 2015: Argentina vs Chile Final

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    the pass wasnt perfect by any mean but it was scorable. Anyway, Lavezzi didn't really have a good angle for a shot as Messi's pass was curving out. Seeing How Lavezzi shot a much better chance straight at the keeper (after some amazing work from Pastore), the last thing I want is him "shooting" again.

2. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Why Messi even pass the ball to Lavezzi when he had so much space? it was like 3 against 2 situation.

This is what Messi would do if he wear Barcelona shirt.

He ignored Neymar , beat the tackle and shoot! Throughout this Copa, everytime he could run straight in counter attack situation, he would choose to pass it casually.

3. Sal1986

Sal1986 New Member

Jul 5, 2015
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I totally agree, that there are positive notes about reaching the finals and the defense is somewhat sold.now can the national team finally appoint a coach that can install the mental strength and winning attitude to overcome the final game dilemma and find us a real play maker that can dictate the pulse of the game.

4. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Anyway we can convince Sabella to return? Maradona never deserved ro coach anything. Batista was mostly clueless. Martino doesn't know what to do with this squad. I still maintain that Sabella with more time would know how to unlock the offense.

afar repped this.
  5. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  6. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    They said Lavezzi's pass wasnt good enough... but nothing's good enough for Higuain.

[​IMG]

7. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    higuain is just another mental dwarf. only performs when there is no pressure on him.

8. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Still the way people on these boards are talking about him is laughable and absurd. One guy said he thinks Hernan Barcos or Franco Di Santo would be better options, while one poster is taking great relish in higuain's miss and misses in his career making avatars and posting countless videos. I find this bizarre, if you're an argentina fan.

I mean take boca juniors fans. Boca fans had their dreams ruined against their arch rivals by emanuelle gigliotti, most of them hate him, but they don't go making videos or memes about his missed penalty, thats what river fans do. Same thing with another massive boca failure, daniel osvaldo. I don't see any boca fan, on this site or on twitter or in a conversation in the bar, making avatars and relishing in Osvaldo's pathetic game against river in the libertadores

On a river point of view, we don't go making posters and memes about say, Mariano Pavone who missed a crucial penalty that sent us to the Nacional B. We hated him and wanted him out of the club. There was no relishing his failure, every River fan wanted him to score that penalty against Belgrano, but he didn't and we didn't laugh or make fun of it, there was no "we told you pavone sucked" we just wanted him out of the club, and soon enough he was. Boca fans made the memes and jokes about pavone, not us. Same with Boca fans and Gigliotti and his missed penalty against River.

Its seems many on here are mad argentina lost, but not just happy, but ecstatic that it was higuain who missed two chances. Its bizarre especially because Higuain has always given 100% for the national team, has a 1 in 2 scoring record, and has never bad mouther the national team unlike some other national team strikers who have been doing since they were 19 years old. Be mad at Higuain, but relishing in his misses is just beyond me.... Its quite frankly bizarre.

pepinointer repped this.
  9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #509 SupaMario, Jul 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    There always needs to be a scapegoat, and for the second tournament in a row, that scapegoat is Higuain. He had his chance to write himself into history but failed. Can you imagine if he was the player who scored the game winners in a World Cup Final and a Copa America final? That would've put him into our folklore. But no. So, it is naturally to point the finger at him. There are plenty of people, not just here, but if you look over the internet are blaming Higuain. Some people lash out differently, if its true humor(in a sinister way) or anger.

As for Higuain not bad mouthing Argentina. Okay, that is a fair point, but this is the same Higuain who was deciding between Argentina and France, this is the same Higuain who turned down a chance to play in the 2007 Sub 20's in Canada because he needed rest, a 19 year old needing rest?(o_O).

Now, honestly, do you believe it is time to move away from Pipita, and bring in Icardi? Yes, yes... Icardi stole the wife of a former friend and River player, yes, yes Maxi and Masche's were teammates many moon's ago. But don't you think it is time to bring in somebody that can replace him?

10. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Dybala And vietto over icardi

11. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bueno, esto está fuera del tópico, pero amerita respuesta. Yo entiendo que algunos vean una realidad falsa porque tienen los anteojos demasiado llenos de plumas, pero si van a escribir estupideces, háganlo en el forum gallina, no lo hagan en el de la selección.

Osvaldo, si mal no recuerdo, hizo 7 goles para Boca y le ganamos a riBer con dos asistencias suyas. En la libertadores fue el goleador de Boca, y lamentablemente justo el partido que El Vasco decidió no ponerlo en el arranque fue cuando las gallinas (por un penal casual) ganaron un partido en el que realmente se dedicaron a pegar y no jugar. No se si la historia hubiera sido distinta con Osvaldo que con Calleri, pero tampoco se puede tildar de fracaso si no estuvo casi todo el partido. Fue un fracaso del Vasco, en todo caso.

Y en la revancha, cuando Boca solo necesitaba un gol para eliminarlos en la Bombonera, el partido se suspendió por unos pelotudos, en un incidente que no tuvo nada que ver con lo deportivo. No hay ningún motivo para que nadie se jacte de un triunfo en la cancha cuando no lu hubo. Lo que sucedió en la Bombonera fue un incidente lamentable, vergonzoso y hay que repudiarlo, pero no es para que un gayina cante victoria a nivel deportivo porque eso no sucedió. Y el hecho que River avanzó no tuvo nada que ver con Osvaldo ni con la competencia deportiva entre Boca y River. La realidad es que en lo deportivo Boca con Osvaldo le ganó a riBer y quedó arriba de River en el campeonato. Si se fue no es porque fracasó en Boca, pero por asuntos personales, y también porque, seamos honestos, si bien Osvaldo es un lujo para Argentina, Carlitos Tevez es mucho mejor jugador, viene de llevar a Juventus a la final de la Champions y el título en Italia, y en la realidad que es Argentina, Boca no puede pagar tantos lujos. Para mi cambiamos un Porsche por un Ferrari. Creo que con Tevez y Calleri tenemos suficiente delantera para salir campeones.

Ahora si algún hincha de riBer quiere hablar de la vida personal de Osvaldo, realmente sería mala leche hacerlo, pero háganlo entre ustedes, en el foro gayina, si les hace sentir mejor. Acá estamos hablando de la selección, y Osvaldo juega para Italia, así que no voy a tocar mas el tema.

Volviendo a la selección, yo no voy a tirarle mierda al Pipita porque en su momento el le dió mucho a la selección. Pero es un jugador que necesita tener confianza para jugar bién y ultimamente anduvo con la confianza por el suelo. La realidad es que en la final no solo erró el penal y no llegó al pase de Lavezzi, pero cada pelota que tocó la perdió. Y se generaron algunos contrataques por culpa suya que Chile por falta de eficacia no logro convertir. Es culpa de Martino que lo puso cuando no andaba bien. Tevez tuvo también sus problemas en la selección, pero como viene jugando, yo creo que con Tevez en la cancha en el segundo tiempo, Argentina hoy es Campeón de la Copa América.

12. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Osvaldo le metio mas de la mitad de los goles al equipo venezolano, Montevideo wanderes y huracán heras. Que los haya celebrado como Maradona en el 86 es otra cosa.

locoxriver repped this.
  13. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We've had great #9, but unfortunately Higuain is not one of them. Even more sadly, he might have been the best at being the tall #9 for the NT. Aguero is great, but he does something different.

I don't think that Higuain should be thrown-out with the bathwater, but whoever is in charge of the NT needs to focus on trying out a new striker. As suggested earlier, the choices that are jumping out are Vietto, Dyabala and Icardi.

I think that Vietto is the guy with the most upside potential, but Dyabala and Icardi should be given starting call-ups as soon as possible. Both (Dyabala & Icardi) play in Italy, and we know that the Italians poach our players all the time. Call them up for the friendlies and qualifying games, and c-block Italy from offering them positions with the Azzuri.

pepinointer repped this.
  14. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Convoquen a mxi nuñez!!

15. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Icardi has already played for us in a qualifier and Dybala has already turned down Italy. Icardi is locked in, and Dybala is all but locked in.

Icardi isn't that tall to be honest, but his movement and strength in the air is something we are missing. He is only a little taller than Dybala.

[​IMG]

Personally, if Messi does take a break, I think that is great, we can pair these 2 up and see how they do. Even though both consider themselves as 9's, I believe Dybala is more versatile and can play right behind a striker,which will be his role at Juve.

16. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    I actually have been more impressed with Dybala and Icardi than Vietto. Not sure how they all do this year, though.

I would like the Icardi-Dybala pairing up top. I don't think Messi will take a break for the Qualifiers, though. He probably will sit out the friendlies or have some mystery injury prior.

I am really shocked as well at some of the reaction against Higuain and to a lesser extent, Messi. Come on --- they are humans; they make mistakes. It happens.

I would still keep Aguero, Higuian, and Tevez as back-ups. Because other than the fresh new faces we've all been talking about, who is a better striker for Argentina than these three? I don't think there is anyone else better.

17. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm not trying to sh$t on Higuain, but c'mon already. He needs to score big goals or at least create real opportunities by himself on close games. For a little bit in his carrer I though he had a chance to be at least as good as Crespo, but he turned out to be a less-talented player than Crespo. That said, between 2011 - 2015 he was the best choice we had for that role. However, we are now in a position where we can tryout new guys.

I would keep Aguero & Lavezzi; Higuain & Tevez only if necessary.

I don't know if I'm too hopeful, but I think that under Simeone's tutelage, Vietto is going to have a monster year. Wouldn't be surprise if he finishes top 5 in goals in La Liga (maybe I'm just hoping)

18. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think that he wont have a lot of minutes...........with jackson, griezman and torres

19. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    La realidad es que si vemos los partidos que jugó, Osvaldo siempre fue peligroso y jugó con mucha pasión, y fue un placer verlo jugar. No es Tevez ni Palermo, obviamente, de esos hay muy pocos, pero igual es un gran delantero y uno de los motivos por los cuales Boca ahora está a un punto del primer puesto, mucho mejor que la temporada pasada. Es cierto que el tipo está totalmente de la nuca, pero eso es otro tema. En la cancha es bueno.

20. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think if he gets hot and plays with confidence, Higuain has the ideal characteristics to play alongside Messi. Unfortunately Pipita is not playing well right now, and based on that, he shouldn't have played Copa America. But if he gets it back, if he starts scoring goals at the club level, I'm not above giving him another chance. His game is based on confidence, and when he gets hot, he can be very good. Unlike some, I love my club with all my heart but I am willing to be objective when it comes to supporting the national team.

21. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #521 Rattlehead, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    Maradona crazy antics never prevent him from getting a call up. In fact he;s like 10 x crazier than most footballer.

Higuain scores like 27 goals this season for his club. He scored 24 in 2014 only to hit just once in WC despite playing as a #9. Messi scores any kind of goal you could imagine for Barcelona this season and comes up with nothing in front of goal other than converting a penalties in this Copa. He was even setup to score by Tevez and Pastore with only goalkeeper to beat and only came up with a very weak shot.

Only Aguero still deserve to be in the team. He scored 6 goals in 9 Copa matches since 2011.
    He scored 7 goals in 7 matches for Argentina this year. Tevez and Lavezzi would be like 34-35 by 2018 World cup. Higuain and Kun are still young but Higuain will never be clinical enough as our #9. Aguero can have another role in the team other than just being a #9.

As for Vietto, Dybala and Icardi, I'd say Icardi and Dybala already proof himself consistently but not Vietto. Icardi becoming top scorer despite his club finishing #8. He dont even need someone like Cholo to have such confidence.

pepinointer repped this.
  22. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Icardi in my view is playing well enough to earn a chance to play for the NT, but let's not mention him in the same sentence as Maradona.

23. HollywoodHayat

HollywoodHayat Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    After taking some time off to absorb what I witnessed at the Copa and monitoring Tata closely, Im back here to write a couple of thoughts on the team and our overall performance.

First off, I wanna give Tata credit because Arg were the best defensive team in the tournament so he deserves his due. However, his style of football will not benefit this core of players and will definitely not benefit the next generation of footballers (Dybala, Correa, Icardi, Kranevitter, Mauri). I only mentioned the guys I believe have superstar potential.

Second of all other than the 6-1 thrashing of Paraguay who got short handed early in the match, none of the team's performances were convincing. The midfield failed to closeout, press, move the ball, and dictate the game. The offense was always having trouble creating chances as Messi & Pastore ran into each other's spaces continuously throughout the tournament & Aguero seemed to be playing out of position.

Finally, Tata picked the best 23 players in Europe but not the best 23 players that fit his style of football. He plays a high pressing game & left arguably the best presser in Argentina (Enzo Perez) at home. He played Biglia a bit out of position and relied on Pastore to press high acting more like a CAM than a AMF where he truly plays. This hurt Pastore & he got tired at the 60th minute of every game while Biglia found himself out of position and gave up space in every game because they were both playing out of position.

Overall, this style of football is tiring and usually doesn't work at the International level because of fatigue and training issues. I don't know if Argentina can or will win anything under Tata & I heard he will be the coach till 2018 which is a shame because there goes Messi's generation without any trophy.

After the WC, AFA should have considered Diaz or Gareca as their playing styles are somewhat similar to Sabella instead of shifting and heading into a completely different direction knowing that the Copa was less than a year away.

Rattlehead and Pekerman repped this.
  24. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    video from messis perspective

afar repped this.
  25. ArgentineInRiyadh

Jul 2, 2015
    for whoever thinks the angle was narrow for Higuain, this is a footage for Batistuta scoring from the exact scoring chance, even the open play was also similar

I hope Higuain will have a little dignity or respect for the team, the country and the fans and retire internationally because we do not want him anymore, enough is enough