Copa America 2007 - Construction of the Stadiums Updates

Discussion in 'Copa América Centenario 2016' started by @lessandro, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Danilo-11

Danilo-11 Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
  2. Danilo-11

Danilo-11 Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela

Barquisimeto
    Here's the 2 monitors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. raul830

raul830 New Member

May 3, 2007
    Shanghai
    so many new stadiums

4. Arango82

Arango82 Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Caracas FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    hmm ok I guess, never heard of that but that is cool.

RCTV remove themselves there is a big thread about his with video proofon sudamerica forums.

I take from this that you don't live in Venezuela and haven't been there in a while.

Congrats to all Venezuelan:rolleyes: that are suddenly coming out of nowhere. Straight to political threads. BTW from June 26 to July 15th we are hosting Copa America for more information on Copa America go to www.conmebol.com and you could check some threads out too. Get to know our player and stuff.

5. Arango82

Arango82 Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Caracas FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    Is not research is knowing your sh!t. The same day that change was announce an explanation was also given as to why. Some people chosed to cry and complain and make silly powerpoint presentations others chose to read and informed themselves as to why the change.

6. Danilo-11

Danilo-11 Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    Say a lie 1000 times and it'll become a fact

I'll give you an example of this:
    "The man went to the moon in 1970"
    Ok, if that's true, why hasn't anybody else gone back in the last 37 years?
    Even though computers today are 1000 of times smaller than back in 1970 :rolleyes:

7. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Some nice stadiums, but I am so disappointed that they had to place damn running tracks around so many stadiums. I think it kills any soccer stadium to have a running track. Other than Europe which has the Grand Prix events in the summer that are attended by thousands. I can think of no good reason why you would host track and field events in 30,000 plus seat stadia. Most track and field meets generally see attendance in the low thousands, not in the tens of thousands. They could have built a running track with a small grandstand seating 5-10,000 at a minimal cost. In fact they could save significant dollars in the stadium, by having the stands closer to the field. The stadium diameter would be greatly reduced, ensuring lower construction costs.

I must say they really put the petal to the metal on construction. Most of those stadiums were not that far along as of the Fall of last year.

Just my pet peeve as an architect.

8. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Take note of the last or bottom photo. If you look carefully you can see only a handful of seats were installed in the upper deck! They look to have a solid 3-4 days worth of work to install all those seats, unless they increase the typical manpower to accelerate the work.

They did a lot of work in a month, but the canopy is clearly not complete. Also, no idea what remains inside or around the site to complete.

9. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you look closely at the stadium, you can see that the structural framing for the roof is not complete at the lower end or the upper right hand corner of the stadium. Also, the canopy roofing panels are missing from one corner.

The site is completely unfinished. There are no sidewalks. Also there are no curbs and paving. That is a lot of work to complete in one months time.

10. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Danilo,

If this stadium is completed in time, end of June, I will be shocked. It's at least 2 months away from completion and I can't even comment about interiors (concessions, bathrooms, locker rooms).

11. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WAs this recent as of June 2? Parts of the upper deck have not even been poured and the steel has not even been erected in some sections. No way this is complete, unless they deliver a incomplete stadium where major portions of the upper deck are closed due to it not existing.

12. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So far behind schedule. The major trusses are still weeks away from completion and the site paving and walks are no where close to being prepped. Again no curbs, no quarry process or crushed stone to receive sidewalks, pavers or paving.

It's a shame really because this is a beautiful stadium and the siting with the mountains in the background is spectacular.

13. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good job, nice stadium.

14. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really like this stadium, particularly the two cylindrical vomitories and the grandstand between them is beautiful.

15. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Danilo thank you for the posting of the photo's on the construction of the stadia. Great job. I wish the politics had been kept out of the thread, but I guess it was inevitable given the current political difficulties in Venezuela.

16. Danilo-11

Danilo-11 Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    Some of the pictures that you quoted are old.

Also keep in mind that in Barquisimeto they have 2500 workers working 24 hours a day.
    That makes a huge difference.

The picture of Maturin is also old.
    They are playing today in that stadium and it is finished.

17. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to argue, but the photos of Barquismeto that I quoted were in some cases only a week or two old. I will be shocked and duly impressed if it is completely finished.

Was Maturin completely finished including the parking lots?

18. Danilo-11

Danilo-11 Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    Wanna see how that stadium looked like before?
    3 years ago, it was Venezuela 4th largest soccer stadium (one of the nicest ones) with a capacity of 15000 people

Do you see any difference?

[​IMG]

19. Danilo-11

Danilo-11 Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    It's not difficult to do a parking lot,
    but I wouldn't be amazed if they won't have one with asphalt.

There's a stadium in Caracas that 2 years ago was the 5th-6th largest soccer stadium in Venezuela and it is known for not having a parking lot.

This picture is from a Copa Libertadores game between Caracas & Banfield (Arg).
    Everytime the teams play there, the narrators point out all the cars that are parked inside the stadium

My granmother used to live a block away from this stadium,
    so Pferd... don't waste your time trying to find a picture of a parking lot of this stadium, because you won't find it

[​IMG]

20. Danilo-11

Danilo-11 Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    Let me ask some friends that went to the stadium and I'll let you know

Based on what I've read on the news... it wasn't 100% finished.
    But I don't trust the news too much, because some people just like to talk s..t just to make Venezuela look bad.

21. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Great job.

What's the deal with the running tracks? I never heard of track and field being big in Venezuela. Baseball yes, but track? Is the money for the stadiums tied to a multipurpose requirement? To me seeing that running track kills the ambiance.

22. Danilo-11

Danilo-11 Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    The stadiums are multi-purpose so that they can be used for other tournaments besides soccer.

It could be used for high school, college, city, state, regional competitions.
    In that way, the owners of the stadiums also make a profit from renting the stadium (for maintainance)

23. Danilo-11

Danilo-11 Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    Only picture that I've found of the outside of the stadium in Maturin
    this is from yesterday (Sunday)

[​IMG]

Inside

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. Pferd

Pferd New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Yeah right!

Do you seriously think that any of the events you are listing would be in a position of paying at least the electricity bill (let alone staff, etc) of renting the stadium for one day? Bearing in mind those events don't have any possibility of producing income in the form of ticket sales or sponsorship, is not wiser to find a more suitable location for those competitions?

25. Danilo-11

Danilo-11 Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    Call the governor of each state where the stadiums were built and ask them.
    I don't know, I don't make that decision.

If the governor of that state wants to rent one of those stadiums for a wedding.... that's their damn problem.