Conmebol afraid of brazilian domination

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by sidis, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Do you work for Sports Illustrated? You are posting that retarded article in every single thread.

As for Zarate yes he's very good.

2. brujita veron

brujita veron New Member

Feb 14, 2007
    I wish:rolleyes: , I find it useful because we don't get much coverage of tournaments like these.

3. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, he's really good.. Just ask Paul_NL.. :rolleyes: :D

4. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Why do you have to mention that troll?

Mauro Zarate is class. Watch libertadores and you'll see. He might even make Lavolpe look good.

5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, I was kidding about Paul.. As for Mauro, he is a great player.. I've always liked him and I see a really bright future ahead of him, both at club and national level. Nice shots, good dribbling skills, fast.. Not to mention that he's still really young. Great player.

6. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I heard an interview with this Argentino conmebol rep and he said that the rule was changed originally to insure that the final would be played in south america. Then they saw how it wasn't fair because it singled out Mexico so they changed it again to affect everyone. Sorry, I have no link, I heard it on Jorge Ramos' radio show.

7. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    Even without this rule in tack, I dont think I would have lived to see an all Mexican Libertadores finals ;)

8. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

who was the first target of this rule?

who?????

that's right. :cool:

9. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Who is not in COMNEBOL? Who? That's right :rolleyes:

10. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

We're not. :cool:

...but we participate in CONMEBOL tournies by virtue of our tremendous GUEVOS.

11. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    ... and that's where you fail. :D

12. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Fixed.

13. Jerzeslugga

Jerzeslugga New Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Galloway, New Jersey
    the football in south america is the best in the world in my opinion...but as far as league organization...we are poor.

14. paulo_mengao

paulo_mengao New Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ, USA
    Well, we are poorer in all possible ways :) not just organization, if compared to any of the European cups and leagues .... but ... I honestly believe that any big South American team would always be VERY competitive in any of these Europeans leagues/cups (even though they would probably not have all the money to pay for all the air tickets and hotels in Euro :rolleyes:). Winning the Toyota cup at the end of the year feels good, but when the Europeans loose, they always say that Toyota Cup is not important for them, and bla,bla,bla ... so I would really like to see teams from S.A. playing in the fields of Europe (even though our players would be sold out pretty much before the end of the championship :D )

Anyways .. this year you'll have the chance to see Flamengo beating up this year's European champion ;)

15. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well, that's for the teams that won the toyota game in Japan, I can tell you that winning the FIFA CLUBS WORLD CUP like Inter did really tastes a lot better. Specially when you can take out Barcelona with all the hype, talk and the entire world cheering for them against us. As for flamengo beating the european champion.... I don't think so, in any event I agree that all SA teams have what it takes to play with the best of europe. But beating barcelona like Inter did, that was really something else.

16. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    SA teams, with less money and resources are still beating the European clubs, could you imagine if they participated in European tournies and raked in the same amount on ticket revenue as the european clubs? it would be utter dominance by the SA sides. Plus, they might even have enough money because of that to actually keep their players.

Just look at the Brasilian and ARgentinian leagues if they had money to keep their players:

Argentina: Riquelme, Aguerro, Pato, Crespo, Cambiasso, Cruz, Zanetti, Burdisso, Saviola, Diego Milito, Gabriel Milito, Hienze, Solari, Samuel. Gago, Higuian, Mariano Gonzalez, DeMichelis, Insua, Bilos, Aimar, D'Alessandro, Ayala,Tevez, Mascherano, Lucho Gonzalez, Lisandro Lopez, Arruabarrena, Leo Franco, Aldo Duscher, Colocinni, Fabricio Fuentes, Leandro Zomozoa, Joans Gutierrez, Cufre, Sorin, Zabaleta, Scaloni, Messi, Maxi Rodriguez, Cesar Delgado etc etc all in the same league

Brasil: Ronaldinho, Robinho, Ronaldo, Cafu, Roberto Calros, Serginho, Dida, Helton, Lucio, Edmilson, Emerson, Kaka, Gilberto, Fred, Juninho, Adriano, Luisao, Daniel Alves, Julio Cesar, Diego, Gilberto Silva, Juan, Diego, Alex, Gomes, Marcelo, Cicnho, Cris, Julio Baptista, Denilson, Oliviera, Ricardinho, Maxwell

There would be so many players, that the second division teams of both countries would be as competitve as many top division european teams.

Not to mention that Inter Milan would cease to exist since they have something like 6 Argentinian Players, an Uruguayan, a Colombian and 4 Brasilians

17. paulo_mengao

paulo_mengao New Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ, USA
    ok ... so all the other world champions were not good at all ... sure ... yep ... let me remind you that to be champion of Libertadores nowadays is way much easier then in the past ... today, even Once Caldas can be champion. In the past (when Inter never won), there was football and much more "raça" ! You had clashes, not matches. And don't please don't come with that story like "it's been a long time ago since the last time your team was champion". I can reply with something like - it took a much longer time for you team to be champion. And, as I said (and you agreed), I really believe that any S.A champion can beat any European team ... so beating up Barcelona was no big deal ...

18. paulo_mengao

paulo_mengao New Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ, USA
    I forgot to mention one thing ... Inter SUFFERED a lot before they played agaisnt Barcelona. Remeber that you almost lost to Al-ahly:)D :D ) which was the very important representative from Confedereation of African Clubs ?? So the final could have been Al-Ahly vs Barcelona ... BTW, America-MEx managed some how to give the 3rd place to Al-Ahly :D

19. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    paulo_mengao,

if you are not a sock, you must be new around here.
    a little advice from me: stay away from any discussion with Colorado_GAUCHO and another annoying internacional fan that lurks around.
    You can't take anything from it except being pissed. They go around from board to board posting every kind of sh't about internacional and nobody cares.

20. paulo_mengao

paulo_mengao New Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ, USA
    Thanks !! Your post closes the case :D :D :D . But I do understand him: just not used to win anything.they finally got it, and are over-excited !

21. sidis

sidis Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Itaguaí-RJ - Brazil
    onde eu assino concordando? +)

22. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Haha, it's true but Colorado has actually improved the quality of his posts in recent weeks.

23. sidis

sidis Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Itaguaí-RJ - Brazil
    like i said, santos and gremio will face each other, and boca will face cucuta.

ridiculous rule, created in the mid of the cup.

conmebol sucks

24. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yup especially for cucuta... as I see both Santos and Gremio as more accessable than riquleme lead boca... Santos seems like an easy oppent... Gremio seems a bit more dangerous but think cucuta beat them away and tied at home...

tho i dont like that rule i feel if one league is superior then good for them... its not like when boca went to the finals for 5 yrs in a row taht comenbol was like um.... no more boca...

25. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Boca went to the finals for five years in a row? :confused: Actually, it was two years in a row.. And another one two years later. I get your point anyway, just clearing things up.