Congresswoman shot in Arizona

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Deep Wilcox, Jan 8, 2011.

1. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's exactly what I said there, thanks for making that clear for anyone that missed it.

2. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
  3. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nation..._in_head_YFTvsurRHy5OWGSRKnuK8J#ixzz1ATapcbLU

4. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Yes.

Amongst other things.

6. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member+

May 12, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, that is EXACTLY WHAT YOU SAID. Reread your own garbage post and try to figure out what you might have been trying to say, then maybe try again. Or else STFU.

7. Deep Wilcox

Deep Wilcox BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 5, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This is rather telling....

8. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Neg repped and reported for intentionally lying.

I don't have to re-read the post to know what I was saying, as I wrote it.

CNN says there might be a suspect in custody, no further info.

9. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    People didn't forget, Sarah. She's getting blasted by people after posting this on FB:

On the tragedy in Arizona by Sarah Palin on Saturday, January 8, 2011 at 3:02pm

My sincere condolences are offered to the family of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and the other victims of today's tragic shooting in Arizona.

On behalf of Todd and my family, we all pray for the victims and their families, and for peace and justice.

- Sarah Palin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/note.php?note_id=485459383434

10. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Many here, most on the left, have said, with zero evidence, that this is a politically motivated act.

None of my posts have made any assumption on the shooter's motive, because no one yet has any idea.

Obama statement: people have died, Giffords "gravely wounded".

11. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member+

May 12, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Her Tuscon office was vandalized in March after the health care vote.

I'll gladly eat my words if this turns out not to have been politically motivated, but the signs sure point to that conclusion.

12. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    She and Todd are praying for peace and justice according to her statement.

13. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That seems to have been politically motivated.

Well, it would be better if those words weren't put out there before any evidence to either support or conflict with has emerged, but that's good.

14. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, that makes her horrible!

The Democratic and Republican parties put out target lists all the time. Does that mean that those involved would cheer if those people were killed? I don't think so.

15. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    out of curiosity, which side do you think would be more likely to commit this kind of act based on the rhetoric of their side?

Not saying that this is politically motivated, just curious about that specific question.

16. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    without "any evidence"? The evidence is that a person attacked her at a political event in broad daylight. That in and of itself is evidence that tends toward a political motivation. it obviously wasn't a random robbery. look, acting as if the likely motivation isn't political is absurd. but of course, everyone here will suck it up if the obvious doesn't turn out to be the truth. if and when it turns out to be true though, will you accept that putting bullseyes over the opposition and stirring up heated emotions is a major part of this and something the Repubs should be absolutely ashamed of themselves for doing?

17. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member+

May 12, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is sufficient evidence to begin speculating.

She has been the victim of politically-motivated attacks in the past.
    She has been the target of militant rhetoric from very high-profile political opponents.
    The shooting occurred at a political event

That's enough evidence to say that this shooting might possibly, even likely, have been committed by someone who objected to Rep. Gifford's politics.

When you say there's no evidence, you're wrong. You want to claim that people are bringing up politics out of nowhere, that it's uncalled for and unnecessary to do so. You're wrong. Flat-out wrong. It is well within reason to speculate about the possible involvement of politics/ideology in this shooting.

18. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Target lists or lists with target symbols on them? Dipshit took it to a whole f*cktarded level, which should surprise no one.

19. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member+

May 12, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Palin's PAC put crosshairs on the targets on her list.

20. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Shooting in the head at close range is generally not accidental. Seems to be a targeted assassination but we'll find out

21. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    also, would this be Treason?

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.

22. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think both sides have factions that are more than capable of violence. Do you think the Secret Service was able to take 2002-2008 off?

So she's an idiot? Ok, I agree with that.

Then again, athletes talk about "killing" their opponents all the time. I don't think anyone takes that to mean they should be shot.

I'll ask the following: Does anyone recall an instance of politically motivated violence where so many people besides the presumed target were also shot?

23. gideon02

gideon02 Member

Jun 22, 2007
    texas
    I think you're an idiot for even assuming that people commit these atrocities for purely political reasons rather than for the glaringly obvious fact that in the vast majority of these cases that the shooter is mentally unstable. Politics don't mean shit if you're a crazy mother********er. Remember the crazy left wing environmentalist guy who held hostages at the discovery building? I don't blame the sierra club or PETA for that shit, I blame the guy for being crazy to begin with.

24. gideon02

gideon02 Member

Jun 22, 2007
    texas
    BTW, reports are that a bystander with a concealed carry license used his gun to disable the shooter.

25. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    I thought they had him in custody?