Congratulations

Discussion in 'Portland Supporters Club' started by Doctor Woo, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Doctor Woo

Doctor Woo Member

Nov 5, 1999
    Newport, OR
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am from DC, have been a DC United fan since 1996, and have been to one Timbers game. You guys are incredible. Best fans on earth! Me, DC fan, wearing my green and gold. Inspiring.

2. badideas

badideas Member

Dec 22, 2010
    I support NY, but I hope to visit one day. Great match today. Your attack looks formidable.

One question though, and I don't mean this to troll: why is this forum so dead when in reality you have one of the biggest fanbases in the league? Is there some independent forum that people frequent instead?

3. Helmut83

Helmut83 New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sorry, little to do with the game, which I watched and was thrilling, but I wanted to say: Dr. Woo, I like your avatar ;) Big fan here too.

4. Dulliwhig

Dulliwhig Member+

Nov 12, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doctor Woo, you say that you are always faithful, but are whoring yourself around to another team. But I came here to say the same. That game was incredible. Best MLS game I have ever seen hands down. The crowd is unbelievable, gave me chills and I was on the edge of my seat biting my nails without a horse in the race. It gives me so much hope for the future of this league.

5. Dignan23

Dignan23 Member+

Jul 6, 2001
    Fort Vancouver, WA
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    The vast majority of Timbers fans who comment online are over at the message board at SoccerCityUSA.com

Correction: They have been over there for several years, but that site is dead as of two days ago, and it will not be coming back up.

I have no idea where all of the posters from over there will be moving to. So far, they don't seem to be coming here.

6. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If not here, they may go to Stumptown Footy, the team's SB Nation blog.

7. aperfectring

aperfectring Member+

Jul 13, 2011
    Hillsboro, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    One of the main reasons the SCUSA message boards went into archive-mode was because of the lack of posting in there (there are many others, obviously, but I'm sure that was a contributing factor). I was never around when they were that lively of a thing, but it is still sad to see them go.

One of the main locations people had migrated to was Stumptown Footy (the match thread there for the NY match has >500 posts, and most of the post-game threads have at least 50). I've also heard tale that the Twitters is quite the hip thing for the younguns.

I highly doubt many will migrate here. There are a few of us around on here, but for the most part the Timbers fans have found their way to other sites for discussion.