Congratulations from a plastic Boro Fan

Discussion in 'Middlesbrough' started by Val1, Sep 12, 2004.

1. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Congratulations on your great start this year. I've been happy for you guys ever since I learned that your Carling Cup victory was your first trophy. Everyone's got to start somewhere. And then when you signed Ray Parlour, just one of the grittiest and most beloved Arsenal players of his generation, I was hoping for a good year for you. Having both Viduka and hasselbaink will give you as fine a pair of strikers as there is outside of the team you've already faced.

A top 6 finish can be a curse, I mean, look at Leeds, but I'm hoping you can compete for that spot along with Bolton and Charlton. Obviously, I'm looking for someone else to give it to Liverpool and Man Utd on the chin.

So, go Boro!!

2. Boro_lad

Boro_lad New Member

Aye it's been a great start, and as you say parlour is great to watch when he starts raining those tackles in, played really well against birmingham. And Jimmy and The Duke are a great partnership, 3 in 5 for jimmy with lots of assists, and viduka with 3 in 3 so far. We've never had 2 prolific strikers at the same time before in my life time, and we have struggled to get 1 recently, but think we've nailed it on the head with those 2.

i'm hopeing we can challenge for 4th, as both newcastle and liverpool both look poor this season, however that is very much wishful thinking, but i think we can finnish above the skunks

3. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well, well, well, what a great start to your European campaign. Viduka and Hasselbaink are doing well and as good as promised. Anyone here go to the game?

4. Boro_lad

Boro_lad New Member

Aye i was there, was a great night, especially the second half, thought we just hit another level and the duke is just so clinical whenever he gets a break. Also parlour had another great game, has quick feet and is quite skillful, which i can honestly say i never thought i would ever say about him, but he looks very comfortable on the ball as well as being able to get stuck in like a terrier. Also zenden in the 2nd half last night had a field day was causing all kinds of problems for them.

The ostrava fans were awesome and made the night even better with thier randomness, one point they started doing the birdie song dance, and pulled out 500 balloons from nowhere in the 2nd half. Jumping around with thier backs to the game, then all taking thier shirts off at the same time, was very funny they all were lashed up like. Was bad laughing at some points, all made for a great atmosphere in and around the ground as they were all nice and were amde the feel welcome, hoping we can have lots more nights of the same stuff.

Just hoping this form will carry on because at the moment we look like scoring all the time. Its great stuff :D

5. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Scoring is much better than not scoring, and you guys are doing a lot of it early on.

I've had a chance to buff up on McLaren's resume, and obviously I'm impressed. How'd you guys get him? Was this just the first head coaching job he was offered, or was there some other reason for him to come to Teeside?