Confirmed and Official - Welcome to Old Trafford José Mourinho

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Sofabloke, Apr 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Just wondering what if Jose is still our manager comes next season.

2. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I could see Mourinho being our manager for most if the season somehow, but there's no way he'll be in place next season, unless he somehow secured Top 4 for us. And that is hard to see, with the competition we're facing (in conjuncture with our current position).

3. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    I think the real answer will be Jan transfer window and if he is backed or not we shall see then. Top 4 is very much possible. Its not like we have become shit overnight and if jose sorts out backline then i think we have enough upfront to secure CL spot.

4. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't say Top 4 is done, I said it's hard to see. Main reason as mentioned is that it's more competitive than ever. We're not looking at a Top 4 now in the Prem but a legitimate Top 6. Anything can happen, but we're already behind with Chelsea, Everton, B'Mouth and City coming up in the league after the break.
    Just to stay in touch with the teams in front of us, we're probably looking at being perfect in those games or thereabouts. Difficult.
    City, Pool and Chelsea are pretty much locks for 3 of the top4 spots unless one of them suffers an epic collapse (which could happen, I suppose). Meaning there's one spot left between Spurs, Arsenal (who look like they're finding their stride under Emery) and us.
    We need to a serious turnaround on our part to see us with a real chance at 4th place.
    We'll see where we stand after the Manchester Derby. It's not impossible yet, but we've put ourselves in a ditch, at the very least. That's why I want a manager change now to get us the boost that may come with the change, plus the prospect also to have the team playing closer to it's optimal level, which is simply not likely to happen under Mourinho..

5. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, while we do have quality in the team, in terms of our play we've been on a downward spiral going on a year now (when we lost Pogs to injury). Things got worse at the turn if the year and even Sanchez's arrival hardly changed anything.
    We finished second still but our football progressively went down the toilet: it wasn't an overnight thing and the majority of our displays in games in 2018 alone were mostly shit.

6. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ashur is quite right. It is hard to see how we claw our way back into the top 4. But it's in no way an impossibility. Just hard to see.

You have to figure City and Liverpool and locks for top four, and it's good bet that they will be the top two (strong squad depth, exceptional key players and top managers). But which two who among Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal will fall out, thus allowing us to squeeze into four place by season's end?

I'm ruling out Chelsea for a collapse, so it has to be both Spurs and Arsenal. I would not be betting on both Spurs AND Arsenal to not finish in the top four. One or the other, sure, but not both.

It appears I don't have access to British betting websites right now so I'll guess that the bookies are offering 25-1 that United will land in the top four by season's end.

7. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Fire Mou and hire Jardim now!!!!! Or Bring on Jardim to coach the attack. Either way a guy like him could be very useful to us right now!!

8. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Mou won't be fired unless we continue to drop points till Christmas.

9. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Away to Chelsea and then Juve at home. If we lose both he might be fired.

10. giggs88

giggs88 Member

May 11, 2003
    Virginia
    We can hope. The Newcastle result was a disaster. I'm sure some nincompoop will criticize me for being a 'bad fan', but this man needs to go. That's how dire the situation is.

Jack Donaghy and United 16 repped this.
  11. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You lose 10 top red points!

giggs88 repped this.
  12. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  13. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No matter what you think of Jose it’s absurd that the FA hired a lip reader and (most likely) a translator to come up with this charge.

Sofabloke repped this.
  14. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Had a mail from the club that tickets still available for Juve, Everton & Young Boys games.

Playing with freedom for 30 minutes against Newcastle hasnt convinced spectators we are a good enough watch to be filling our stadium weeks before and then some as we have in the past.

15. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    i am actually glad to see that because usually with comebacks like that all people tend to focus on is the thrill and the "greatness" of the comeback and totally ignore how dog shit the winning team was to end up 2-0 down or worse in the first place.

unfortunate that we are the team where the eyes actually opened but it is what it is. all that matters in the end is if the board see it that way too

16. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would United be justified in firing Mourinho?

www.bbc.com/sport/football/45770468

As there are rumors again making the rounds that Mourinho won't make it to Juve with a bad result tomorrow.
    We'll see, I suppose.

17. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The calling for Jose’s head has quieted given the international break and win at Newcastle. But I still think a convincing loss against Chelsea will put the nail in his coffin. A rival that finished behind us last season and recently hired a new manager beating us convincingly would shed a lot of light on our current situation.

18. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    United were justified in canning Mourinho before and after the Newcastle result. The fact that he is coaching on a game by game basis shows you how badly this club is run by a football standpoint. If your going to fire a coach the next time he loses you might as well fire him now. This is truly pathetic and embarrassing.

19. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    I can see us conceding few. Klopp with all his runners were unable to match them how do you expect us to get something meaningful out of this fixture with Fellaini and McT in midfield...

20. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    We’re going to bunker. It’s just a question of how many defensive errors we make.

It’s genuinely an interesting match because we suck hardest when we’re given possession and forced to come forward, but Chelsea won’t play to our weaknesses.

21. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    I have a weird feeling we are going to win but have less than 30% possession. Don't ask me why.

22. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  24. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
  25. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Honestly... even when he makes the right decisions, he does it for the wrong reason or makes another decision that nullifies it or subsequently undoes it with bad decisions.

Like attempting to press w/ Matic on the pitch and then taking off the person who was triggering the press and replacing them with someone who you ideally wanted to sit deeper.