Confederations Cup: Portugal Vs Mexico; July 2, 2017

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Philip J. Fry, Jun 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hans Westerhoff has done wonders with Chivas and Pachuca. Just look at the players that have either gone abroad or had success with the NT in the last 10 years.

I would love to see him involved with the youth national teams (Sub-15, Sub-17, etc.) in some capacity or at the very least have his development program be implemented by other Liga MX clubs

DankYummy and Otaku repped this.
  2. Emigomez

Emigomez Red Card

Dec 15, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #602 Emigomez, Jul 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    Raul Jimenez is a very disciplined player, he has natural limitations and he acknowledges them he may not be a speedster but he is a poacher and uses his strongsuits to their max.

I rate him alongside players like Higuain, Drogba, he is a classic 9

Just because you are not speedy does not mean you lack physical discipline. Players like Berbatov and zlatan are genetically slow but still train hard to work best with what they have.

In the current Mexican squad our both 9s are actually very disciplined. Both Jimenez and Chicharo.

1. He beats the defenders on the run, exactly 3 defenders marking him
    2. Beats 2 Munich defenders on the shoulder to shoulder
    3. Beats 2 defenders on the jump
    4. This is the part that is all technique : the header, the neck twisting header.. What a moment

Otaku, DankYummy, Philip J. Fry and 2 others repped this.
  3. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Raul is a stud

I would say that at the moment he is a better striker than Chicharito but both bring different qualities

If we were to play with a 2 striker formation, like a 4-4-2 for example, I think both Chicharito and Raul can complement each other very well with Raul playing as a support striker and Chicharito playing more in the area

DankYummy, Philip J. Fry and Sanchito repped this.
  4. Emigomez

Emigomez Red Card

Dec 15, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    For just that moment he is easily the best number 9 in the world, that is one of my favorite goals of all time and I am Chivas

5. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Similar to HH, not speedy on the ball, but I've seen them haul ass running back on defense.

I think it's a stamina thing.

DankYummy and Emigomez repped this.
  6. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    I've been saying this for a while...they click together...only Chiva and America haters think otherwise...they play so well together and have proven it time and again.

7. Emigomez

Emigomez Red Card

Dec 15, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #607 Emigomez, Jul 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    I would always be welcoming of youth development in our country, but i dont think youth players is the issue, i actually think Mexico has a very good youth system all around .

The issue I see is transitioning from youth to adult it seems like that mark is the edge of the cliff for many of our guys. Youth promises like Fierro come to mind or Julio Gomez.

When you see the list of u17 golden ball winners of all time you notice that they all went to top league play or continue to play in top league play and succeed(ed). The only odd one out is Julio Gomez.

[​IMG] (http://imgur.com/QBnPgih the image i am trying to link showing the list)

The issue is somewhere around the age between 17-21 in Mexico. It seems that the federation does a really good job of keeping track of youths and raising them until 17 and then it seems once they are let loose to fend for their own they have a hard time.

8. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Some truly terribly takes on here...

iveman27 and Colima24 repped this.
  9. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    Why is everyone using the term "take"? It feels like I'm listening to the Jim Rome show on the radio circa 1998..

LGRod, Otaku and Colima24 repped this.
  10. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It's back in, ruco.

Colima24 and Sanchito repped this.
  11. Sanchito