Confederations Cup: Portugal Vs Mexico; July 2, 2017

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Philip J. Fry, Jun 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emigomez

Emigomez Red Card

Dec 15, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    LGRod repped this.
  2. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Like I said, you are all over the place. The main catalyst for Chile are their Euro players especially Vidal and Sanchez. And what are you talking about a follower mentality? Just because it works, it would be stupid to not do it because it's not original. What makes Mexico so different that it would not work in Mexico?

Discipline and physicality is not the same thing. They were nowhere near the physical shape they have now or at their time they triumphed in Europe.

I already said in opening opportunities for Mexican players and being more open to them leaving instead of wanting to act all greedy and placing hurdles.

3. Would scare the shit out of Trvmp though:D

LGRod repped this.
  4. Germany, France and Belgium decided about a decade ago that their national teams were playing shit football and came to the Dutch FA to learn about our system of development. They all implemented it with keeping their own national characteristics. Look what that produced for those countries. So it is smart to copy something that works with infusion of your own characteristic. Mind you, since that change German teams are fun to watch compared to their boring teams before.

Hecho en Chivas, icybauer, Otaku and 5 others repped this.
  5. That's correct for sending kids to EPL clubs. Not if it is to Germany, France, Spain or the Netherlands.

JJV1994, LaMascara, LGRod and 2 others repped this.
  6. Emigomez

Emigomez Red Card

Dec 15, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #581 Emigomez, Jul 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    I've been saying 1 ) we need to work harder in the things we can control because there is no point in focusing on things we cant. Every time our players go to Europe they are behind other euro competition in physical form i think its laughable to try to reach for finals when we are not even in top notch shape 2) We need to find a way to ensure success for our players on foreign grounds and 3) What works for Argentina may not necessarily work for another country and vice versa.

You disagree with all these, you have been arguing against these points. You insinuate the notion that we are equals to chile and argentina. If that was the case we would have dozens of players in europe but we don't. USA attempted to implement a 10 year plan that they copied from Europe and look at them, did it work for them? Technically we ARE doing just what south america does, throwing players in europe which is what EVERYONE does. Need to think outside the box

[
    I mean if you want to think like that lets look at the most successful national teams today: Germany, Spain. What is one thing in common they have? They have amazing leagues. So according to you it would be stupid to focus on anything different. than improving our league. Just going by your logic

Then you have never played the sport, in futbol aka soccer good physicality means the ability to run all 90 minutes the way chileans do, to get tackled around and not injured (which is why working out is so important), to block arttackers as a defender shielding the ball with your body and not get knocked around by someone 2-3 feet taller than you, like alexis sanchez and vidal . Discipline in soccer is not become thick like a wrestler, lol . First you assumed I meant height now you think I mean pure muscle, :rolleyes: what straw man next? Talent may get you to top clubs and players like gio, vela, fat ronaldo portray that but discipline and hard work keeps you at the top level players like giggs show this players like Lahm and my favorite case is Chicharito because if it wasnt for his discipline I have a hard time believing he would get many minutes anywhere.

I know that you already said that, you keep parroting the same thing without giving a realistic solution. Name me 1 Mexican in the past year who deserved to go to europe that mexico held back due to greed or placing hurdles as you say. Do you think any mexican 18+ alive right now will do great things in european clubs? You emphasized earlier that we cant expect to triumph without having game changers who do great things such as vidal and sanchez

7. Emigomez

Emigomez Red Card

Dec 15, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I mean if they get minutes i agree, not if they spend 2-3 years being loaned around and in 2-3 years getting the minutes a starter gets in half a season. Thats why I am against sending players for the sake of sending them

8. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Mexico tried to do something like that with the Dutch and Hans Westerhoff has actually had some success in Mexico at the club level. They also tried to do it with Spain but all they did was basing it that Spain success was because they all played the same way since the youth and for every team to play in the style of NT manager Chepo de la Torre instead of concentrating that it worked for Spain because of the talent of those players besides of how they played.

9. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    All of these arguments are BS or all over the place. First off before you it was that they were doing great things in their club but now it's that they are behind in physical shape? Maybe at the start but that hasn't stopped them. You act as if hundreds of Mexicans went and failed to make it in Europe when the fact is the majority of them have stayed there and the problem is how FEW players leave, not the they leave and fail.

And what makes it that we aren't equal to Chile or Argentina? They aren't different human beings. We would have dozens of players? How so? The big difference is that South American clubs develop and export players and Mexico imports them. They are the only major league that is constantly importing players in a large quantity in Latin America to the point that even minor clubs are filled with imported foreigners. And your idea to think outside the box is ridiculous. Think outside the box to do something that is working and that Mexico has been successful with but not as much because of other countries doing it at a bigger volume?

Germany and Spain are major UEFA leagues. Liga MX is not going to surpass them as there are economic realities in play. I have been saying that Mexico needs to improve their league but there is only so much they can do. And Brazil and Argentina are world powerhouses who are there on the same phenomenon and closer to the Mexican reality than Spain and Germany.

Then I don't know what you're complain is since apparently you say it's a problem that Mexicans go to europe not physically fit to compete in Europe as if those other Latin American countries had player as buffed and fit as they do. You can have discipline and not be as strong as Vidal and Sanchez are now. Unless you're arguing that Mexicans can't make the grade from the start which is a BS argument.

Chucky Lozano could've gone a while back to Europe and while it paid up, it still could have happened before. Jurgen Damm might not have made it to Borussia but could've been in europe before going for the Tigres, a team that has been terrible for Mexicans in Europe. Lets see if Aquino leaves too. And that's just in this NT.

LGRod repped this.
  10. Emigomez

Emigomez Red Card

Dec 15, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I mean , if you didn't understand that in soccer you can be short and physically strong I can't help you .

You seem to think that they can only get physically stronger by going to Europe ... I can't help someone that thinks like that

You continuously say I am clueless yet give me a bunch of essay TLDR's. Taking someone who is clueless a little too serious if I say so myself

11. eltapatio

eltapatio Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Guadalajara
    Ah no bueno, por lo menos Messi ha llegado a la final del Mundial, nosotros no pasamos de octavos.

LGRod repped this.
  12. ChivasGuadalajara-elmejor

Aug 7, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Look the reason Mexico is not sending quality players to Europe is because scouting and fuerzas basicas in Mexico have such low standards. We think dudes like Layun, jimenez, chícharo, Herrera, tecatito son cracks. Example: Raul Jimenez is 6'3 no speed, no agility, a bench warmer in benfica, yeah ok he is a decent penalty taker(so what?) that doesn't help him to be a starter in any team in Europe. Layun decent kicking power, average speed, horrible passing when running with the ball, his passing is only decent when he takes corners or free kicks, yet sits the bench most of the time along with Herrera and tecatito. By the way did anyone see how draxler destroyed Layun with his agility and speed?

DankYummy repped this.
  13. Special_talent23

Real Sociedad
    Mexico
    Mar 26, 2017
    Cuanta ignorancia, Corona fue muchas mas veces titular esta temporada.

El verdadero problema es que hay mucha mafia y corrupcion en las fuerzas basicas.

Ya lo dijo Oribe Peralta: "en Mexico hay muchos mas jugadores como Diego Lainez pero no tienen la oportunidad".

DankYummy, Phenom and beat junky repped this.
  14. ChivasGuadalajara-elmejor

Aug 7, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Yeah barely. Still is benched most of the times. Corona a 24 year old should already be an important player for Porto and not struggling. The dude is weak ass hell and lacks consistency, decent ball skills but lacks the athleticism to succeed in Europe.

DankYummy repped this.
  15. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Lol. Take off your chivas shades.

[​IMG]

iveman27, DGreat, beat junky and 2 others repped this.
  16. ChivasGuadalajara-elmejor

Aug 7, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Well if you saw my previous post in other forums you will see me throwing dirt at chivas fuerzas basicas too. How they are crap when it come to seeking talent. So you can stop feeling triggered and victimized.

17. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    I think you don't watch Corona play in Portugal, or maybe not at all.

DankYummy, Phenom, Hugo Sanchez and 4 others repped this.
  18. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Sorry I didn't know you were a repug.

You must have forgotten that flick Raul put to Guardado as he was falling to the ground or that chilena vs Panama. No agility.

The goal he scored for Benfica from a goal kick where he outran their defense. No speed.

Jimenez has always been hailed for his passing and ball control for being such a tall guy, and scored crucial goals to close out the Benfica season and secure the title. Literally the opposite of everything you posted.

19. ChivasGuadalajara-elmejor

Aug 7, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Watched a few and I still stand with what I said. Good ball skills but gets easily beaten physically. He situation in Porto isn't as bad like Herrera and Layun.

20. Emigomez

Emigomez Red Card

Dec 15, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Who ever said Jimenez is physically weak I hate to disagree with u, look up the goal he made to Bayern , that was 100% physicality

DankYummy repped this.
  21. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Yeah, if there's a weakness with Jimenez is his inability to stay healthy.

DankYummy, beat junky and JJV1994 repped this.
  22. ChivasGuadalajara-elmejor

Aug 7, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Still living from that chilena? Let me guess you are also still living off that gio dos santos goal vs Howard back in 2011 and that he is our Ronaldinho. Seriously living those small moments doesn't help his case when it comes to playing for his club. As if benfica cares if he scores against panama or that flick to guardado is going to help him be a starter. The years of experience playing in Mexico and sitting in the bench in atlético and benfica you would expect him to know how to slightly play the g right?
    repug? Yeah because those words never existed before, but whatever. You are still living from that chilena? Let me guess you are also still living off that gio dos santos goal vs Howard back in 2011 and that he is our Ronaldinho. Seriously living those small moments doesn't help his case when it comes to playing for his club. As if benfica cares if he scores against panama or that flick to guardado is going to help him be a starter at his club.

23. Special_talent23

Real Sociedad
    Mexico
    Mar 26, 2017
    No exageres, en ese equipo muchos han sido irregulares, Corona esta temporada tuvo que terminar con 13-15 asistencias en el año, un buen numero, pero sus compañeros fallaro muchas oportunidades que les brindo Corona con grandes pases.

No me vas a venir a contar a mi, vi todos los juegos del Porto este año.

En lo que coincido es que a Corona le falta en cuanto al nivel atletico/fisico, si tuviera las capaciadades fisicas de Lozano otra cosa seria.

DankYummy repped this.
  24. ChivasGuadalajara-elmejor

Aug 7, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    That is my whole argument. Our players go to Europe with deficiencies. That do not permit them to be regular starters in Europe. We have to accept that they have reached their ceiling. Ya no tienen para más and we can't expect more from them. Until our scouting and training of players improves and we actually start looking for real players and not low level athletes hijos de papis. That is the day we will have players consistently playing in their clubs and being scouted by top teams.

DankYummy repped this.
  25. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You said he has no agility. I gave examples that he does, but if you are looking for recent examples here you go.

So you are wrong. Raul is known for being an agile player.

Do you even keep up with club career or watch him play at Benfica? He was getting regular minutes and scoring until he got injured vs Honduras. Then he came back and had a great close to the season scoring crucial goal to win the league title and scoring in the final to win the Portuguese Cup.

DankYummy and Sanchito repped this.