Confederations Cup: Mexico Vs Russia; June 24, 2017

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Philip J. Fry, Jun 22, 2017.

1. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Lozano, had balls to get that goal with a helmet, nevermind without one, :ninja:

Phenom, and1football, LGRod and 3 others repped this.
  2. Neymadres

Neymadres Member+

Jan 29, 2013
    So CaL
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    LGRod repped this.
  3. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    At least get the fcking name right bro. It's the cantinamx podcast...and you're both welcomed to call anytime.:)

Colima24 and Romario'sgurl repped this.
  4. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    They're not looking like killers against Australia so far. Good chances for both teams so far.

5. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He has the leadership but it's hard to duplicate Rafa.

DankYummy and Hecho en Chivas repped this.
  6. sowrong

sowrong Member+

Aug 20, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Lol, chile.

thedragonrik58 repped this.
  7. sowrong

sowrong Member+

Aug 20, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Deserved lead, they've had the better chances on the counter.

thedragonrik58 repped this.
  8. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Neymadres repped this.
  9. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    Moreno is awesome in his own way. He's a troll. Can banter with opposition. Charm a referee. Mild cheap shot when the ref isn't looking. He seldom loses his cool in high stress situations.

Phenom, icybauer, SoDamnSmooth and 2 others repped this.
  10. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I said it, Australia was gunning for Chile. Eventually Chile will have to go full blast, and Australia will strike again.

sowrong repped this.
  11. Neymadres

Neymadres Member+

Jan 29, 2013
    So CaL
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  12. sowrong

sowrong Member+

Aug 20, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yup, only issue is the aussies look like they have a red card coming to them the way the ref is calling the match.

13. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He's the best in the world.

Make him your captain.

14. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This! If he can learn to defend I'd like to see this. He's still small, but his best attributes would come through.

DankYummy repped this.
  15. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Pretty sure the mastermind comment was in jest. I've been doing the same in calling him genius.

16. Narc83

Narc83 Member+

Jul 21, 2007
    Phoenix
    It seems that no criticism is allowed of Osorio otherwise stupid shit like stop watching futbol picante,your exposed,...blah blah blah.The nutridding of Osorio and constant personal attacks from commentators that won't abide any criticism of our coach is ridiculous.

What is it with the inability to withstand any criticism? Our organization sucks and its due to Osorio's stupid rotations and crazy tactics. JDS is acting just like Herrera was at the Copa America and it seems to be at Osorio's request. JDS is pressuring every ball (most of our players aren't pressuring) and is thus always out of position.

Osorio's big problem is his idiotic mass rotations and his inability to fix our organizational issues where our midfield is always disorganized. This is a very apparent fact and yet i keep getting these stupid personal attacks that you don't know anything and your flaming like futbol picante.

Seems that you clowns need to look in the mirror and figure out that this isn't the fire Osorio thread and as such attacking anyone who criticizes the coaches isn't necessarily lobbying for him to be fired.

Personally Osorio has been getting results unlike Chepo but his constant rotations and crazy tactics are a huge problem that has to be fixed.

17. Puro_Sinaloa

Puro_Sinaloa Member+

Dec 3, 2005
    Wow, you have a lot of time on your hand. First of all, I don't want him to go, I want him to stop doing his failed rotaciones. Other than the rotaciones, I feel the team at times can play very well

Not once I have written on here that he has to go now. Bring back so and so. The alternatives don't seem much better.

Being that he's a Colombian coach, a lot of people didn't give much of a chance to begin with. Being the coach during one of the most embarrassing moments in Mexico history, also complicated things a bit. He's been involved in two major tournaments: Copa Confed and Copa America. During Copa America, I really feel like only had one good game, and that was against Uruguay. The rest werent that great, and of course the last once was terrible.

In this tournament, the team does well against the Euro Champ, but then the dreaded rotaciones rear their ugly head once again. We made NZ look like a pretty strong team when we all know they're pathetic.

Against Russia he goes back to the main team and the team does better. They are the home team and so that came with extra pressure. They also played Portugal pretty well and so they're not mediocre team like NZ. So I gave more credit for this game than other people do.

Now, I'm aware of how much anger people have towards Osorio still. Some still want their favorite coaches to be given a chance again, even they have already failed. I have faith in Osorio that he is an intelligent man. As any intelligent man, you have to quickly realize what works for you and what CERTAINLY doesn't. So I have faith that he learned.

However, the ones that have already made up their minds about him, would be even louder if he were to suffer another embarrassing defeat. So that's why this game is very important for Osorio and the future of the NT

18. hausen

hausen Member+

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We need to put our B team. Need to rest our starters for the final.

19. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Lol no.

DankYummy and Tello repped this.
  20. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Other than the Chile game, how are his rotations failing?

He's one of our most winningest coaches.

ipaman repped this.
  21. chapulin_

chapulin_ Member

C.D. Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Jun 24, 2017
    His touch is nowhere near his, but I can see him playing very similar to Sergi Roberto. And like I said, I think his speed alone could suffice when it comes to defensive duties. Too bad we'll never see it.

22. Puro_Sinaloa

Puro_Sinaloa Member+

Dec 3, 2005
    Besides the Uruguay game, the team didnt play all that well the rest of the tournament.

Against NZ, the team played poorly. And it's not like we have a ton of scoring chances against either of 3 teams we have played so far.

23. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Soooooo, EZ wins <_<?

LGRod repped this.
  24. chiva_guero

chiva_guero BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 4, 2007
    Mexico NSR
    The ol' juega peor como la misma y ganar como nunca?

Is that the old saying?

LaMascara repped this.
  25. LaMascara

LaMascara Member+

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Lol
    "Juega como nunca y pierde como siempre"

JJV1994 repped this.