Confederations Cup: Mexico Vs Russia; June 24, 2017

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Philip J. Fry, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    What? <_<

Neymadres, LGRod, El_Huero and 1 other person repped this.
  2. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I don't think a Mexican defense with JCO will ever be as exposed as the way @...In my defense exposed Narc in the Mexico/New Zealand thread so I wouldn't fret if I was you. Nowhere have I read anything about Mexico playing a 5 3 2.

I think this might be a point of who one roots for. Russia looked very dangerous but after a 2nd look, a lot of their chances weren't that solid especially after the Aquino "fvck up" that allowed that guy the wide open shot. People also forget the chances like when JDS was found wide open in the middle of the PK spot but he tried to control it instead of shoot and the Russian defender cleared it.

ipaman repped this.
  3. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    A winning record.

I blame this inferiority complex on the Argentina Copa America with Rafa Marquez Lugo leading our front line. You know, the Copa that was supposed to be the primarily U22 squad a year before London and ended up being primarily U20 with the likes of Kristian Alvarez and Jorge Enriquez.

Because of the 8 culos calientes led by Fabian and Jona, allegedly, when they got kicked out of the national team for sneaking in hookers to their hotel room in Ecuador.

Javier Cortez, David Cabrera, Marco Fabian, Jonathan dos Santos and 4 more I forget.

The crazy thing is that squad actually beat a full strength Ecuador in preparation for Argentina 2011.

Ever since then, Chile has grown into a monster.

By the way, that U20 squad ended up looking great under La Pajara Chavez in Colombia 2011.

Imagine if we gave our younger players an early go in more international matches?

Instead we have vatos like Luis Reyes debuting at 26.

chivamex10, Neymadres, DankYummy and 5 others repped this.
  4. Colima24

Colima24 Member+

Jul 28, 2005
    Villa de Alvarez
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No need to apologize, I, too, laugh at that dishonorable troll's posts as well.

5. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You watch Mexico matches 4-5 times?!

Surely you can find something more productive to do with your time, dude.

6. BrianInVA

BrianInVA Member+

Mar 24, 2008
    Lake Ridge
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Fcking New Zealand looked dangerous each rare and quick occasion they found themselves with the ball...

7. LAgooner05

LAgooner05 Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Orange County
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    20170624_220207.jpg

Neymadres, DGreat, DankYummy and 5 others repped this.
  8. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  9. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    Usually I'll watch live in Spanish then watch the same recording. Then I will watch the English version although Nadvarro makes it very difficult. I also try to watch the Mexico feeds either online or torrents. Lastly, I'll watch clips online of different plays, many folks who do analysis online. It's a sickness especially in the summer since no league play. I mean, c'mon I'm not gonna watch MLS, I'd rather watch replays.

10. mancini30

mancini30 Member+

Jul 20, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Hi Mexico fans, may I know more about Hector Moreno who just joined Roma at his late 20s?
    From what I read he is good, but is he good enough to start for a Serie A team which chase the title?

Baysic and Neymadres repped this.
  11. JJV1994

JJV1994 Member+

Jun 16, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If we press high we die. They are very precise with their passing and quick as well. They won't concede possession and will battle for the ball causing silly turnovers leaving our centre-backs isolated.

IMO We should play them how Holland played them at the World Cup. Concede possession, give up corners when in danger and hit them on the counter with speed.

12. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    5-3-2 formation might be a good idea for this to work.

13. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    It's not an inferiority complex. Chile is simply an elite team right now.

JJV1994 repped this.
  14. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Moreno is a solid CB with loads of international experience. He's good in the air and has a commanding presence in the back

I always thought of him as Rafa Marquez's natural successor but he lacks the leadership qualities

mancini30 repped this.
  15. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    Agreed!!! Chile with space might be the most dangerous NT in the world right now. Key is to give up the space you want which is outside your 3rd and not between your lines. The other key is win every set piece because they are not a tall team.

JJV1994 repped this.
  16. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    He also lacks pace but hopefully with Italian training he can learn to read the game even better.

Neymadres, mancini30 and JJV1994 repped this.
  17. DaTruth

DaTruth Member+

Jul 15, 2007
    IE, Cali
    No voy a decir mucho lor que la sancha es de
    Sinaloa pero,

no-pos-wow_o_2480433.jpg

18. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    He's also a very good scorer on set pieces.

Neymadres, mancini30 and JJV1994 repped this.
  19. and1football

and1football Member+

Nov 10, 2009
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We're going to need a very solid DM for the WC. Herrera and JDS could sure use more freedom to attack. Herrera has been a beast with his assists these past few months.

Special_talent23 and JJV1994 repped this.
  20. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    I don't want to go off-topic but Guti should be Guardis heir apparent and HH might want to convert to DM permanently. It might force him to stop with his pendejadas but he can still be a deep lying playmaker on occasion as we've seen. The extra responsibly of the position might be what he needs to "fix" himself because he's very good but has critical flaws. Guti, HH, Jona would be a nice experienced but still young midfield.

Also, I don't want to get ahead of myself and this is the wrong thread but Guardis and Guti have the same agent. Maybe we can hope PSV snags Guti as a replacement for Guardis when he leaves PSV. We can only hope!

DankYummy and OneJillion$$$ repped this.
  21. OneJillion$$$

OneJillion$$$ Member+

Jun 19, 2015
    The thing that I like about HH at dm is that he's done very well defensively and can keep the ball in circulation decent enough.
    I hope that this new position improves him as an individual player in terms of doing one too much (touch,juke,etc.)
    As a dm you can't be fücking around and losing the ball in that area. You have to be seeking out intelligent passing lanes, moving around, and so on, in order to keep the ball in circulation.

Hopefully his stint as a dm will improve him when he returns as a cm. Making quicker passes, moving around a bit more, and not echándole mucho crema a sus tacos. In short, more effective play from him.

Perhaps he could have a great season with Porto this upcoming season and finally make a jump to a bigger club/league.

DankYummy repped this.
  22. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I've really liked Herrera as a DM (besides that one terrible mistake against Portugal).

DankYummy repped this.
  23. erdons

erdons Member

May 1, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    7-0 is not the difference in soccer quality between Chile and Mexico. A 3-3 with a vuoso led team in 2015 is a more accurate measurement between the 2 squads. We are 3-2-2 against them since 2010 and 1-1-1 in the last 3 games against their "golden generation" we could be 0-3 but that's not the case. Idk about y'all, but I want Chile in the semis because that gives Osorio and more importantly these players a stage to show 7-0 means nothing at this point. If conmebol would have never hampered us with U-23 restrictions plus Horny kids in 2011 ruining that tournament we could have left Chile in the dust long ago.

24. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  25. Skadrist

Skadrist Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    El Norte
    Well said. The sooner fans accept that the 7-0 was a black swan event on the pitch and not a true meter of both teams the faster we can move on. After the 7-1 everyone thought Brazilian soccer was about to enter an existential crisis and they did poorly in the qualiferes and the 16 Copa America. They bounced back after those missteps and are already in Russia in 2018.

Mexico, much less glamorously than Brazil mind you, was able to grind out some historic wins under Osorio. At Columbus, at Honduras at T&T, drawing Portugal and beating the host country.

Chile is a great team they are anchored by two all time greats for their national team, Vidal and Sanchez. Many of their national team players have been on the national team for nearly a decade or more. They run their system like clockwork even Edu Vargas a forward who hasn't scored double digit goals for his club teams in over 5 years plays like a monster for his national team.

If Mexico plays Chile again the 2015 is the game to learn from. Sit back hit them on the counter as their defense is often flat footed and take advantage of set piece opportunities.

Phenom, BrianInVA, JJV1994 and 2 others repped this.