CONCACAF U-20 Championship

Discussion in 'Women's World Cup' started by toad455, Dec 3, 2017.

1. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    USA called up a player who officially said she could not be bothered ? Damn, nice message sent to other players in the squad...

2. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, that's not what happened. Sanchez was called up for the Nike Friendlies back in December (friendlies, not this tournament) but then withdrew because of academic commitments. Her decision was probably influenced by the fact that UCLA was in the NCAA tournament until Dec. 3. The Nike Friendlies kicked off on Dec. 7. Final exams at UCLA overlapped with the Nike Friendlies, and I'm guessing she could not reschedule some of them.

funinsun repped this.
  3. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    half time----Haiti 1, Canada 0

why on earth does Canada still keep on playing straight up the midfield?

4. toad455

toad455 Member+

Nov 28, 2005
    UPSET!!! Get it Haiti!!

blissett repped this.
  5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, @toad455, if you end correctly predicting the upset, I will have to definitely shut my mouth! :laugh:

I don't root in particular for any of the two the teams: of course the charme of the underdog is strong, although it would be a shame not seeing a player like Huitema at WWC.
    Well, anyway, go Haiti: if you're strong enough to make history, go out and do it! :ninja:

It's a shame I missed 1st half. I'll make sure to give at least a look at 2nd one.

toad455 repped this.
  6. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    the only thing is with Haiti is choosing a team that's there purely on athleticism. A purist would probably go more for a more technical minded one. But I give up trying to figure out Canada, they never seem to want to win the big games

7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    At 55' Canada subs in... L'Ésperance! In French, her name means "The hope"! :)

They're litterally putting in all the hope they get! :laugh:

8. toad455

toad455 Member+

Nov 28, 2005
    30 minutes to go for Haiti. Canada's pushing often, don't know if Haiti can keep up their defense & hold their line.

blissett repped this.
  9. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    of course they can, Canada refuses to spread out their players!

10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, for sure Haitian GK is very effective with her diving saves: it's always goal saved + foul taken + 3-4 minutes on the ground! :laugh:

11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I like that both these teams have French-named players on the pitch :): we have L'Éspérance and Rivière ("The Hope" and "River") vs. Mondésir and Jeudi ("My Desire" and "Thursday")! :laugh:

jagum repped this.
  12. toad455

toad455 Member+

Nov 28, 2005
    10+ minutes to go. Haiti sure is good at flopping.

13. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Huitema looks like she has no speed compared to the Haiti

14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, anyway Red Card for Canada was deserved: this kind of challenges use to break ankles.

15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    "Only" 5 minutes of extra-time to be played. I frankly would have expected more.

16. toad455

toad455 Member+

Nov 28, 2005
    congrats to Haiti for qualifying for the 2018 U-20 WWC!!

BlueCrimson and blissett repped this.
  17. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    and goal that did it, the #9

her e-mail address will be full, every lower to mid tier college in the US will be after her(if they haven't got her all ready)

blissett repped this.
  18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ok, I officially cover my head in ashes... :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

It's not an excuse, but I admit I had never seen this Haitian side play. You probably did, @toad455, and you were right that they could be better than Canada.
    I wonder if my theory about the 4-0 loss at group stage is right: probably Haiti, already being qualified, didn't even show up in that game and saved energy for the big challenges ahead. Can anyone who watched that game confirm that? What your impressions were?

Haitian defense's ball-control left much to be desired, but there was a player, #13, who made at least two wonderful actions in the box (one was a "clean" tackle on Huitema, if I remember well). Does anyone know her name?

19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thank you very much: I had missed it and it was wonderful, both for Mondésir's through-pass and for Jeudy's quick and powerful shot! :thumbsup:

I guess Haiti fully deserved qualification. I hear it's the first-time a Caribbean's side goes to the World Cup! :geek:

20. toad455

toad455 Member+

Nov 28, 2005
    Canada should feel embarrassed, especially after their strong semifinal game vs. Mexico. But Haiti's defense held for 90+ minutes. This is Haiti's first appearance of any kind in any World Cup(men's or women's).

blissett repped this.
  21. toad455

toad455 Member+

Nov 28, 2005
    Trinidad & Tobago did host the 2010 U-17 WWC, but it is the first time a Caribbean women's team got through to the WWC via a qualifying tournament.

blissett repped this.
  22. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    wish there was more info, I thought 13 mean't her age, lol
    https://us.women.soccerway.com/players/rosianne-jean/533042/

but this girl have a powerful shot in the first half, & according to this she's only 14
    https://us.women.soccerway.com/players/daelle-melchie-dumornay/528490/

blissett repped this.
  23. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Haitian men qualified for the WC in 1974 and the U-17 WC in 2007. But the women have never qualified for any WC until today.

blissett repped this.
  24. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    The Final

I presume it's gonna be all about energy levels at this point, physical and mental regeneration. USA won the group game but Mexico rested key players then and now that can give them an edge.

blissett repped this.
  25. toad455

toad455 Member+

Nov 28, 2005
    thanks. I was going by the commentators and what they said at the end.