CONCACAF League Salaries

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by Clemson Soccer, Jul 21, 2013.

1. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For some more info, here is the guaranteed compensation (not salaries) for the starting players (when everyone is healthy) for my MLS team, Columbus Crew. And I believe we are one of the lower payout teams in the league.

-------------------------------Gruenebaum ($93,887)-----------------------------------
    Williams ($52,313)---Marshall ($361,250)---Glauber Berti ($263,333)---Viana ($131,667)
    --------------------------------Trapp ($127,000)----------------------------------------
    Oduro ($122,115)------O'Rourke ($175,000) or Sanchez ($230,000)-----Gaven ($195,000)
    -------------------------Higuain ($604,000)----Arrieta ($225,375)-------------------

The salaries for the starting XI is OK, but there isn't much on the bench (in terms of high salary). One one player beyond those 12 listed above makes more than 100k, and that is Tchani at $155,000.

Of the remaining 17 players on the roster:
    75,001 to 99,999 = 3 players
    50,001 to 75,000 = 3 players
    40,001 to 50,000 = 7 players
    league min ($35,125) = 4 players

2. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    The average salary of a Mexican league player can't be all that much higher than the average salary of a MLS player. MLS needs to start dishing some minor 5 figure sponsorships to some guys.

3. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well I think some of the trolls take offense to the bilded part.

Statistically speaking head to head this is hard to show.

There was a poster called Gringomelon or something like that that used to keep track of head to head matches, he made a bet that the gap was not closing, he lost the bet so he stopped tracking this.

4. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    bolded, still can't edit :(

5. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Athazagoraphobia repped this.
  6. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Top six are not surprising.

Definitely surprised to see Brazil so high. I thought the mass emigration of players from that league was due, in part, to clubs needing the money to stay afloat and other leagues providing better financial stability, much like the Argentinean league.

I knew the Turkish and Mexican league were similar but the wage disparity seems wider than I thought. 446k-265k isn't very close at all.

7. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Bet those wages in Mexico and Turkey are grossly way higher in relation to the average person's salary than say the salary in France/Germany/Italy.

I would guess outside of Mexico and MLS the Costa Rican league is the highest paid in CONCACAF or maybe Jamaica/ Trinidad & Tobago

8. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Would be interesting if they did an adjustment for cost of living to see how far those numbers go in each country.

LGRod and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  9. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I concur. Also how much of those salaries are actually paid to the player and not just stolen

10. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    After Costa Rica and possibly even ahead of them is Guatemala's league. They definitely pay more in Guatemala then the Caribbean leagues

11. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Really Guatemala?

12. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Yeah there is a lot of money relative to central American standards in their football now. Even some of their second division teams have more money then first division teams in other Central American countries. It isn't helping grow the game like it should because a lot of that money is going to foreign players that aren't very good but it has improved some of the stadiums outside of the capital.

They are experiencing an influx of money like Colombia did a few decades ago but it isn't going to be on the same scale or as successful of course.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  13. themightymagyar

Aug 25, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I doubt any of the Caribbean leagues pay that much. Most are either semi pro, or very recently professional. I remember an article sometime last year how almost all players in the Jamaican league have second jobs.